[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » .RLC Files (@AB_99)
.RLC Files
EbelAngelDate: Tuesday, 23/July/2013, 2:49 PM | Message # 11
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Quote (ab_99)
Distortion associated with the surf. Perhaps dmcr not find a file, or it is damaged. you need to remember what you were doing

I just had a look at it again. Try this: cut and place folder 0 on your desktop and put folder 0 from Cossacks 1 all.gsc in its place. Then go to editor and place water. All normal, but everything else is messed up then( trees, stones , textures, townhalls)....
It gets really interesting when you replace folder 0 with the one from Cossacks 2. Its Space, the final frontier.....

I'm comparing everything that is in folder 0 now but thats a lot of variables to go trough.

Did you know folder 1 is useless ? You can play the game without it. 2 is main menu interface it seems.

(thank god i can try this in open format, imagine having to recompile the all.gsc everytime you take out a folder wacko )

ab_99Date: Wednesday, 24/July/2013, 8:16 PM | Message # 12
Count
Group: Modders
Awards: 1
EbelAngel

Have you researched which file sets the template for generating the texture of land of different climatic zones (generate maps)?
The files are SMP - templates with trees. What files contain a list of templates (Smp)?

EbelAngelDate: Wednesday, 24/July/2013, 9:46 PM | Message # 13
Site Administrator
Quote (ab_99)
Have you researched which file sets the template for generating the texture of land of different climatic zones (generate maps)?
The files are SMP - templates with trees. What files contain a list of templates (Smp)?

No , i have not. Are you talking about the climatic zone's from Cossacks I ( desert, land, ...) or the American Conquest climatic zone's ( theaters)( north, moderate, desert,..)?

SMP or MSP? Dont think i have managed to open .MSP files.

\Terrain\Pieces\.LST
\Pieces\.LST
COST.DAT
TERRLIST.DAT

?

ab_99Date: Wednesday, 24/July/2013, 9:54 PM | Message # 14
Count
American Conquest 

not only SMP or MSP
are also interested in for a description of the combination of textures and Tiles3.bmp \ GROUND \ Tex1 ... Tex39

EbelAngelDate: Wednesday, 24/July/2013, 10:07 PM | Message # 15
Site Administrator
No i have not looked into the american conquest climatic zones. Can you be more specific in what one would want to achieve? It would make researching easier if you look for a specific thing.

SMP seems easy enough , they can be placed into UserPieces\xxx.smp and then loaded into the editor ( edited , saved)
MSP, its just a load of nonsense in there. Dont know what is needed to open them.

Quote (ab_99)
are also interested in for a description of the combination of textures and Tiles3.bmp \ GROUND \ Tex1 ... Tex39

Tiles3 is easy right? Photoshop, just paste over the originals. But again, can you be more specific, do you want to add more textures or edit them?
What i can tell about Tiles3.bmp is that CI has 37 rows of 4 textures (148 textures) and AC has 34 rows of 4 textures ((136 textures). Each texture is 64x64 pixels.
You can add more textures to either game as long as you do it in rows of 4 and each texture is 64x64 and change the canvas size obviously (256 pix x any multiple of 64) at 8 bitsdepth .bmp. I'm sure there's more to be said about tiles3.bmp but you'll have to be more specific.
There is also a hardcoded limit. I can look it up if you like.

AC Ground textures i have never touched. I only ever added Ground textures on CII, but that was kinda easy with the texutre editor in the editor.

Message edited by EbelAngel - Wednesday, 24/July/2013, 10:11 PM

ab_99Date: Wednesday, 24/July/2013, 10:43 PM | Message # 16
Count
that describe the files:
TEXTURES.LST
FRACT_SET0.TXT
FACTURES_SET0.DAT
?

Added (24/July/2013, 10:31 PM)
---------------------------------------------
I would have asked more, but Google really dumb smile

Added (24/July/2013, 10:41 PM)
PS! I know how to fix textures in Tiles3. But the game itself distorts them. Try to draw a straight lines and look at them in the game. smile

Added (24/July/2013, 10:43 PM)
By the way, what is the maximum number of textures 64x64?

EbelAngelDate: Wednesday, 24/July/2013, 10:55 PM | Message # 17
Site Administrator
Quote (ab_99)
I would have asked more, but Google really dumb
lol Google Translator?

Tiling.txt:
The 1 between all the 0's sets the default texture to be loaded in the map editor on start. It refers to the numbers on tiles3.bmp (in reverse order).

Textures.lst:

EG.
80 80 P
81 81 P
82 82 P
136 136 P
137 137 P
138 138 P

80 is texture nr 80 from tiles.bmp. So if you count from the bottom up in row 20 , nr 80, 81, 82 are these 3 textures:

texture 136,137, 138,...,147 are these on tiles3.bmp:

I'm sure you already recognized them but these are the ones that appear in the BUILDBAR xxxx in the MD files ( textures below the buildings).

The P in 80 80 P, means TEX_PLAIN ( texture on plains ground).
There's a few of these abbrevations: (types)
Code
//Textures discription
//W - unlocked water
//L - locked land
//U - unlocked land
//    if(strchr(gy,'P'))TexFlags[nte]|=TEX_PLAIN;
//    if(strchr(gy,'N'))TexFlags[nte]|=TEX_NORMALPUT;
//    if(strchr(gy,'H'))TexFlags[nte]|=TEX_HARD;
//    if(strchr(gy,'R'))TexFlags[nte]|=TEX_HARDLIGHT;
//    if(strchr(gy,'B'))TexFlags[nte]|=TEX_NOLIGHT;

What this means i'm guessing is that you could set up a texture to paint on water with description 'unlocked water) to create a swamp where soldiers could march trough. Or lock for Horses ( hard, hardlight, no light). None of it seems to be used except the P ( plains).

FRACT_SET0.TXT & FACTURES_SET0.DAT is from AC/CII right?

I havent looked into this but I'm guessing the numbers are texture numbers again like above.

By the way, what is the maximum number of textures 64x64?

canvas size 256x4096 pixels, so 4 x 64 rows of 64x64pixels textures = 256 textures on tiles3.bmp. Any more it just doesnt show and reverts to an already lower showed texture.

Both are the same:
Rename to tiles3.bmp respectively for CI /AC. They work for me, but anymore textures doesnt work.

CI:

AC:
Attachments: CI_TILES3.bmp (1.00 Mb) · AC_TILES3.bmp (1.00 Mb)

ab_99Date: Wednesday, 24/July/2013, 11:39 PM | Message # 18
Count
Thank you!
I'll try your textures, but most of them will give "plaid."

EbelAngelDate: Wednesday, 24/July/2013, 11:42 PM | Message # 19
Site Administrator
Quote (ab_99)
"plaid."

Whats plaid?

ab_99Date: Thursday, 25/July/2013, 0:30 AM | Message # 20
Count
as a skirt with Scot smile

Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » .RLC Files (@AB_99)
Search: