[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » .RLC Files (@AB_99)
.RLC Files
EbelAngelDate: Sunday, 21/July/2013, 10:50 AM | Message # 1
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
1) I can't seem to figure out how to handle the .rlc files. I get mixed results with them. I know there is an option in Megapack to 'add .rlc ' files, but I don't know what it needs to pack up this way.
More particulary i'm interested in how to view/unpack them like one would do with a .gp file , in order to repack to AC colour palettes .gp files ( or .rlc if needed).

There's a few of them, particulary the field / farm files ( Fields.rlc, grow0.rlc ) and others like pu3.rlc, WExp.rlc, Nucl.rlc, some cursor files like CUR_MN.rlc ,CURSOR_Y.rlc etc...

2) Also i can't find which graphic files makes up the waves the water make near the coast line. Does anyone know which file that is?

ab_99Date: Sunday, 21/July/2013, 3:04 PM | Message # 2
Count
Group: Modders
Awards: 1
EbelAngel

do you think that I have created a game Cossacks? smile
I think that this format was the game Warcraft,
Grandpa Cossacks - Warcraft2000.
By the way, you have source for the game and you can see how the water is drawn. It must be in Assembler.

Message edited by ab_99 - Sunday, 21/July/2013, 3:07 PM

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 22/July/2013, 12:24 PM | Message # 3
Site Administrator
Quote (ab_99)
do you think that I have created a game Cossacks?

Well you surely know a lot about modding the game so I thought i'd ask, you never know. happy

Quote (ab_99)
By the way, you have source for the game and you can see how the water is drawn. It must be in Assembler.

Yeah lol , there's like a million lines of code. That would keep me sweet for a while. Do you want to look for it? dry
Also the water isn't an issue ,it's the waves in the water near the coast line. ( see on the picture below, the textures and water are ok, it's between them thats it's all wrong).

Message edited by EbelAngel - Monday, 22/July/2013, 12:30 PM

ab_99Date: Monday, 22/July/2013, 1:58 PM | Message # 4
Count
Quote (EbelAngel)
you never know.

I know that I know nothing (ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα.)  tongue

Quote (EbelAngel)
see on the picture below, the textures and water are ok, it's between them thats it's all wrong)

Interesting. I is not never seen. It's on all the maps that?
I think it is the texture of sand on the beach. Do you have a saved map?

By the way, you did not try to make better textures?

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 22/July/2013, 2:14 PM | Message # 5
Site Administrator
Quote (ab_99)
By the way, you did not try to make better textures?

Gotta get it to work before i'll worry about new textures. I just took some from AC and CII to test with.

Quote (ab_99)
Interesting. I is not never seen. It's on all the maps that?
I think it is the texture of sand on the beach. Do you have a saved map?

This is not on the vanilla game, its an expirement with updated palettes. Antrac4tes questions about megapack made me look at this version again and i realized i hadnt figured out how to fix this issue.
Yes its on all maps.
I can swap the beach textures with any other, i firmly believe that is not the issue. But ill try anyway. Its the waves in the water that look all weird.

What good is a saved map for?

ab_99Date: Monday, 22/July/2013, 2:56 PM | Message # 6
Count
Quote (EbelAngel)
I just took some from AC and CII to test with.
I hope you will show your own textures. 

Quote (EbelAngel)
What good is a saved map for?

I can also see it. cool
Try to return the original textures and check.

PS! Yes, I forgot to congratulate you on the new monarch.

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 22/July/2013, 3:45 PM | Message # 7
Site Administrator
Quote (ab_99)
PS! Yes, I forgot to congratulate you on the new monarch.

Lol thanks.

Quote (ab_99)
I can also see it.

you would need the modified game for that, or it wouldnt even show up. Its a bit big , like 1,3 Gigabyte full of stuff to expirement with. You sure you want me to upload that all just so you can see what was on the picture above?

Quote (ab_99)
Try to return the original textures and check.

I surely will try to eliminate this option. Im fairly certain that the texture will look all blury ( because of the updated palettes) and that the waves will still be weird.

ab_99Date: Monday, 22/July/2013, 4:09 PM | Message # 8
Count
I think it will be enough to remove from the map units and buildings if they are unique.
Save only the card itself .m3d. And it is desirable to provide a modified palette.

PS. I wonder what the size of your mod file without All.gsc. You may have some interesting ideas.  book

Message edited by ab_99 - Monday, 22/July/2013, 5:24 PM

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 22/July/2013, 7:48 PM | Message # 9
Site Administrator
Quote (ab_99)
PS. I wonder what the size of your mod file without All.gsc. You may have some interesting ideas.

Myeah that's the thing, i can't take out the all.gsc , you will see why after download, it's an open version without all.gsc or mods or patchess. I got tired of generating them all the time.

Mind you, it's not a mod, thought it's playable I wouldn't bother unless you want to play with messed up graphics and nothing has been changed towards the units/buildings themselfs.

The sole purpose of this folder is (was) to test 3 things: open format, source code and graphics.

That beeing said, go in to the editor and put some water on the map, you will see what i mean.

(You dont need to run the dmcr.bat, though you can ,its not necessary just execute dmcr.exe)

Ill send you the link in private message. Let me know when you have downloaded it so i can take it off my dropbox.

ab_99Date: Tuesday, 23/July/2013, 9:12 AM | Message # 10
Count
Thank you, I have already downloaded, the third attempt.
Now I see your thoughts. cool

Added (23/July/2013, 9:12 AM)
---------------------------------------------
EbelAngel

Distortion associated with the surf. Perhaps dmcr not find a file, or it is damaged. you need to remember what you were doing. smile

Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » .RLC Files (@AB_99)
Search: