• »
Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » Climate change
Climate change
glcDate: Tuesday, 13/August/2013, 10:47 PM | Message # 1
Baron
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
Anybody know how to change climate? I need make new. Help me pls if u can.

http://glc-corp.com world of AC

EbelAngelDate: Wednesday, 14/August/2013, 2:11 AM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Please elaborate more on what exactly you want to do. "make new" is too vague.

I'v never looked into this but i'm willing to do so if you can tell me exactly what you want.

And is this for Cossacks I or American conquest?

glcDate: Wednesday, 14/August/2013, 8:56 PM | Message # 3
Baron
It's the same (i mean AC and C1 i think). I used ACFB

But i take TEXT+TEXTV1.TXT and add 5 line NewClimate (#CL_ZONE4 Arctic). If we make patch now we can see new line and can choose this in editor and in game but it's doesn't work (i see desert).

Next step. I add new lines in TERRAIN+TERR2.DAT and in TERRAIN+TERRLIST.DAT (new variation and similar (as default)).

After i create patch and launch a game but nothing (i see only desert when i choose NewClimate. I think need file when game read TEXT+TEXTV1.TXT and see terms.

I want see Arctic climate. Do you have any ideas?

Message edited by glc - Wednesday, 14/August/2013, 9:05 PM

EbelAngelDate: Wednesday, 14/August/2013, 10:14 PM | Message # 4
Site Administrator
Quote (glc)
It's the same (i mean AC and C1 i think). I used ACFB

But i take TEXT+TEXTV1.TXT and add 5 line NewClimate (#CL_ZONE4 Arctic). If we make patch now we can see new line and can choose this in editor and in game but it's doesn't work (i see desert).

Next step. I add new lines in TERRAIN+TERR2.DAT and in TERRAIN+TERRLIST.DAT (new variation and similar (as default)).

After i create patch and launch a game but nothing (i see only desert when i choose NewClimate. I think need file when game read TEXT+TEXTV1.TXT and see terms.

I want see Arctic climate. Do you have any ideas?

Ok, I understand. This might be harder to do than I thought.

A couple of things:

1) Text files are usually just for translating. They will have no effect on the actual functionality. At least the ones in the Text\ folder are for translating, like TEXT+TEXTV1.TXT .If this is possible to do , it will be in .dat files, .terr files, .LST, .STY, ....files
2) There are no climate zones in C1. There are only landscape types (land, continent, medittereanean, desert). To make it more confusing GSC has moved the 'landscape type' desert to a 'climate zone ' in American conquest.
3) I see 2 ways of adding a new 'climate/landscape". One is by adding new landscape type by copying an existing one and then change the samples its using and retextures them with snow or artic textures. I dont know if its possible , because I havent tried.
The other option would be to add a new climate zone, and to be honest I'm not too familiar with American Conquest, I wouldnt know where to begin with it. But I'v looked at the files anyway.

- RES.DAT
You will see:
Code
6 1
#0 LT_Land         000.STY 6 2 suhod2.msp 3 suhod3.msp 4 suhod4.msp 5 suhod5.msp 6 suhod6.msp 7 suhod7.msp
#1 LT_Mediterranean 000.STY 6 2 srediz2.msp 3 srediz3.msp 4 srediz4.msp 5 mediter7.msp 6 mediter7.msp 7 mediter7.msp

These are land(scape) types. The .msp files are what create the shape of the terrain, but we neednt worry about this. What is interesting here is the 000.STY (Style) file.
I couldnt find it in American Conquest(?) but in Cossacks it reads as
Code
Pieces\LESU0.LST 30 50
Pieces\STNN0.LST 10 30
TEXTURESONLY
Pieces\TXIA1.LST 50 50

The TEXTURESONLY is interesting. I don't know if the numbers refer to textures from tiles3.bmp or not , but from what I can tell a climate zone is made up of textures and .smp files ( wood trees animals)

Then I looked at the sources and it seems to read from 'Mapstyles' for 'climatic zone'.

Code

WriteAI_Comment("strart_conditions",0,"map            :%s\n",PINFO[0].MapName);
   WriteAI_Comment("strart_conditions",0,"Land type      :%d\n",PINFO[0].MapStyle);
   WriteAI_Comment("strart_conditions",0,"Climatic zone  :%d\n",PINFO[0].MapStyle);
   WriteAI_Comment("strart_conditions",0,"Start resources:");
   WriteResources("strart_conditions",0,RES[0]);
   WriteAI_Comment("strart_conditions",0,"\n");
   WriteAI_Comment("strart_conditions",0,"mines          :%d\n",PINFO[0].ResOnMap);

I also noticed files in AC that are not present in CI ( so very likely to be related to climate zones)
They are the following:
Terrain\COST0.DAT
Terrain\COST1.DAT
Terrain\COST2.DAT
Terrain\COST3.DAT
Terrain\COST4.DAT
Terrain\FACTURES_SET0.DAT
Terrain\FACTURES_SET1.DAT
Terrain\FACTURES_SET2.DAT
Terrain\FACTURES_SET3.DAT
Terrain\FACTURES_SET4.DAT

For example COST1.DAT
Code
17 102
6  26 8 26 8 26 8
6  8 26 25 23 26 26
6  26 26 23 23 25 26
6  23 25 23 25 23 23
6  23 25 26 23 23 23  
6  23 26 23 25 25 23
6  23 25 23 23 23 23

5  23 23 25 25 23
5  23 23 25 23 25
5  23 20 25 25 25
5  23 25 23 25 25

5  25 23 20 25 23
5  25 23 25 23 20  
5  25 20 20 25 23
5  0 23 20 23 25

4  20 25 20 3

3  20 20 0

Says 17 lines below with 102 numbers total

Then 6 numbers on the following line and the 26 8 etc are what I believe to be texture numbers from tiles3.bmp.
Mostlikely this is used for blending the terraintextures. You could only be sure if you double check with tiles3.bmp and look for the pattern(s).
Also, they are numbered 1-4.dat (which is exactly how many climate zones there are right? north, moderate, tropical and desert) And maybe the 0 is a default set.

Have a look at these files aswell. I havent really tried anything yet, I'd like to see the files you made to check ( patch.Gs1)

I'll have a proper look at it again later. I hope the above made any sense at all.

ab_99Date: Wednesday, 14/August/2013, 10:44 PM | Message # 5
Count
Group: Modders
Awards: 1
format files
terr2.dat:
cz,n1,n2,z
cz=ClimatZone (0,1,2,3...)
z = zone  (\TERRAIN\*.terr)

terrlist.dat:
n1,n2,z

glcDate: Friday, 16/August/2013, 8:42 PM | Message # 6
Baron
It's all true. But we have to somehow climate turn on. When we select the new climate, we had not only the desert.

Added (16/August/2013, 8:42 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Problem solved.

But someone knows how make .smp files? I make in editor ctrl+c but game don't sees my smp (editor sees yes but not game). Game creates map by dint of samples (smp) but if you add your smp with similar name, game ignores your file.

The result can be funny - if you replace game's files on your (smp), the map will be empty.

Attachments: TERRAINTERRLIST.dat (0.8 Kb) · TERRAINTERR2.dat (3.1 Kb) · TEXTTEXTV1.txt (0.2 Kb)

EbelAngelDate: Friday, 16/August/2013, 9:43 PM | Message # 7
Site Administrator
Quote (glc)

But someone knows how make .smp files? I make in editor ctrl+c but game don't sees my smp (editor sees yes but not game).

Did you copy your UserPieces\xxx.smp ( editor) to the TERRAIN\PIECES or PIECES\ folder? ( which is where the rnd map takes .smp from)?

glcDate: Saturday, 17/August/2013, 0:21 AM | Message # 8
Baron
PIECES

i make file as PIECES+ntr6004.smp and add PIECES to shortcut too

EbelAngelDate: Saturday, 17/August/2013, 2:31 AM | Message # 9
Site Administrator
Hmm, i'm a bit puzzled now.
Normally this should work.

On the pictures i'v added stones trees and textures from AC and even a gold mine in to the random map .smp's/.lst's.
If I can manage to add new .smp's to cossacks I , so must you be able to do so in American conquest.

So i'd like to see what exactly you did , so kindly show the files. But dont upload them separately, I want to see the patch.gs1 that you are using. (You can send the link in pm if you like if you dont want anyone else to see)

glcDate: Saturday, 17/August/2013, 3:05 PM | Message # 10
Baron
First i add patch (without_patch01) in game folder and when i launch a game and choose north - map empty

Second i add patch without samples (without_patch01) and with similar option map with forest.

Look maybe at you will be work my patch with samples.
Attachments: withsmp_patch01.gs1 (789.7 Kb) · without_patch01.gs1 (0.4 Kb)

Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » Climate change
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: