[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » Cossacks:Back to War- Imperia steam version (Problems with the DMCR)
Cossacks:Back to War- Imperia steam version
WolfbloodDate: Tuesday, 07/January/2014, 4:12 AM | Message # 1
Noblemen
Group: Users
Awards: 0
If this is the wrong place to post this then I'm very sorry but I've been at this for about three hours now and I'm starting to loose hope.

Since I lost my physical copy years ago, I've reverted to using the steam version of Cossacks back to war. I was eager to install the Imperia mod but I am yet to have any success. I've installed Mod1 with no problem and the rest of imperia causes no problems but as soon as I replace the DMCR.Exe I get the error about not being able to load Flag1.(gp|rlc). After researching it, It seems to be a problem with Mod1 and yet I had it running with just Mod1.

I'm seriously lost and could really use some help. Is it just the case that the steam version can't run Imperia? Have I missed something?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Message edited by Wolfblood - Tuesday, 07/January/2014, 4:32 AM

EbelAngelDate: Tuesday, 07/January/2014, 6:05 PM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Looks like a bad installation.

Copy your Steam back to war ( 1.35)
Install Mod 1 on that copy.
Install Imperia on that copy.

Normally that should work.

WolfbloodDate: Tuesday, 07/January/2014, 7:41 PM | Message # 3
Noblemen
That was my first thought. After trying the instructions found on the readme several times with no success I followed the instructions you gave on another topic. 

I must be missing something obvious or the steam version might just be incompatible. 

Am I right in thinking when the instructions say to place the files in the copy of back to war it is referring to the bin folder and not the actual folder itself? I have tried placing the files in both the bin and the back to war folder. One gives me a missing ichat.dll and the other fails to load Flag1.(gp|rlc). 

Maybe I should add that as well as running the steam version I am also running windows 7. 

Thanks for the reply!

EbelAngelDate: Tuesday, 07/January/2014, 10:09 PM | Message # 4
Site Administrator
Whats the folder structure of the steam version? Eg what folder is dmcr.exe in?

Eg. C:\Program Files\Back to war\dmcr.exe

WolfbloodDate: Tuesday, 07/January/2014, 10:28 PM | Message # 5
Noblemen
I first tried it straight from the steam folder location C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Cossacks Back to War\bin\dmcr.exe

I've tried doing it from the desktop too with no results.

Message edited by Wolfblood - Tuesday, 07/January/2014, 10:39 PM

MarshalDate: Wednesday, 08/January/2014, 0:13 AM | Message # 6
Count
Do you use Windows 7?  I haven't been able to get the patch 1.4 to work on my Cossacks II BFE.  Could be the security programs as they normally don't like DMCR.EXE executable files for some reason, well, they think it's a trojan!

Me

1st Prince de Wagram, 1st Duc de Valangin, 1st Sovereign Prince de Neuchatel, Marshal of France, Marshal Louis Alexandre Berthier

WolfbloodDate: Wednesday, 08/January/2014, 0:30 AM | Message # 7
Noblemen

Maybe I should add that as well as running the steam version I am also running windows 7.

I did mention that XD 

I don't think it's any security problems as around a year ago I ran the Imperia mod on the same machine with the only difference being one was the disk version, and one was the steam version. Currently it's just spitting up the "Could not load Flag1.(gp|rlc)" error followed by c++ assertion errors. Unfortunately I have no experience with coding so I have absolutely no idea what would be causing that.

EbelAngelDate: Wednesday, 08/January/2014, 10:44 AM | Message # 8
Site Administrator
Maybe its the different install path, cant be exactly sure what pimp.exe does again. I always thought it was a sloppy way of having to install a mod.

So lets see if it works first with the steam version. So try and install this https://www.dropbox.com/s/ri9z3foooja2q7h/ImperiaBETA.rar

This is a german version of the mod, which has a much simpler installer. If you can get that to work, its an issue in the installation of the english version. At least we can narrow the issue down then.

WolfbloodDate: Wednesday, 08/January/2014, 6:58 PM | Message # 9
Noblemen
Success! 

I tried the German version which actually installed it to the right place. I think the problem was the pimp0510f.exe was essentially refusing to install it to the right place. Despite changing the address on the installer it seemed to only want to install it to the back to war folder in program files. I had to manually move the files from program files to the actual install. So yes, you were right, it was an installation problem. The german version however, works like a charm. 

As an added note, those who are also running the steam version will have to use the colour fix.

Thanks for all the help!

JL_Date: Sunday, 09/February/2014, 4:53 PM | Message # 10
Esquire
Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm in the same boat as Wolfblood. I have Cossacks: Back to War - Steam Edition. I managed to install Mod1 successfully, but I'm still struggling by installing Imperia Mod on the steam version of cossacks. I tried following the read me and the instructions posted on the Imperia site, but no avail. (http://www.internetwars.ru/Imperia/ImperiaEnglish.htm). Can someone who managed to install the imperia mod successfully on the steam version post the instructions on how to do so? Thanks a bunch!

Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » Cossacks:Back to War- Imperia steam version (Problems with the DMCR)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: