Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » Cossacks 2 Battle for Europe on Windows 7
Cossacks 2 Battle for Europe on Windows 7
Alio1201Date: Wednesday, 03/February/2010, 11:16 PM | Message # 1
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Hi Guys,

I have just downloaded Cossacks 2 B. For E. The installation went fine but it won’t let me start the game in the campaign mode. It throws me out as soon as i click the accept button to start the tutorial. I have a brand new VAIO with Windows7. Could you please help me guys, i would be very grateful.

Thanks

EbelAngelDate: Thursday, 04/February/2010, 0:03 AM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Well as said in the chatbox, its because of the 'downloaded' version which probably has a crack and as such the cracked engine doesnt allow you to play the campaigns on BFE.

ClockworkmDate: Monday, 22/March/2010, 11:09 AM | Message # 3
Esquire
Group: Checked
Howdy,

Just a short question concerning that, is there any possibility to play C2 BfE on win7?

the installation worked fine (took nearly 2 days but worked :-). Then I first wasn´t able to start the game because of the starforce driver problem with win7, after hours with google I found the solution using the "download" version with the no cd crack (the updated starforce driver didn´t work). As you stated the new problem is that it isn´t possible to play the campaign and battle for europe mode... Is there a chance to get it running?

I am really hot for playing it again and as I told some friends about it we decided to make a cossacks weekend and I want to use mit win7 notebook for it...

Thanks!

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 22/March/2010, 11:38 AM | Message # 4
Site Administrator
Clockworkm, sorry but I can't help you out with cracked versions. I'm moderator on the official cdv forum and can't be seen anywhere near cracks.

I hope you understand.

ClockworkmDate: Monday, 22/March/2010, 1:43 PM | Message # 5
Esquire
Hey ho EA, at first thanks for fast reply! I do have the full legally bought versions of all cossacks and AC games! so do you have a solution playing cossacks 2 BfE under win7?

just read you are using Vista or even win7 too, and as I just downloaded the crack as the DVD version didn´t work, I would really appreciate ANY tipp you have!

Thanks again!

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 22/March/2010, 1:50 PM | Message # 6
Site Administrator
Mye I'm on Win 7 now, but I'm lucky that none of my GSC games have starforce protection on them.

I do understand that you bought them legally, but I still can't help you with removing starforce or helping you out to solve the crack problem as it is illegal.

If I help one person, then it will be spam on my forum to help others with it. I"m truly sorry.

The best tipp I CAN give you is: use google, your not alone with this problem.

ClockworkmDate: Monday, 22/March/2010, 2:21 PM | Message # 7
Esquire
mhh, I fully agree with you concerning the cracks and download software issue as I myself work at a software company (by the way: just read you had a little data recovery issue going last year, if you need a tip for a great backup software, let me know :-)

maybe you have a tip how to get the version without this starforce sh**! I would love to buy to buy it second time if it would work :-)

So far many thanks and btw absolutely great work you do with this site and the forum!!

gocodesDate: Thursday, 01/April/2010, 5:38 PM | Message # 8
Noblemen
do we have any download link for crack cossacks 2... Let me know... if any. thanks

EbelAngelDate: Thursday, 01/April/2010, 5:42 PM | Message # 9
Site Administrator
Quote (gocodes)
do we have any download link for crack cossacks 2... Let me know... if any. thanks

gocodes, in case you haven't figured it out yet by reading the above posts: I WILL NOT PUT LINKS ON MY SITE TO CRACKS.

I have too much respect for GSC's work.

ShaneMercuryDate: Thursday, 01/April/2010, 11:18 PM | Message # 10
Esquire
hi @ all
after years i found my old cossacks 2 napoleonic wars.
now i have problems with the security programm of the game.
its not compatily with my vista.
the security programm say everytime error if i try to start the game.
someone know what can i do against this problem?
and yes its an original game with code on the book^^

thanks for answers
shane

Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » Cossacks 2 Battle for Europe on Windows 7
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: