[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » Cossacks II: Battle for Europe DVD loading problem
Cossacks II: Battle for Europe DVD loading problem
chromeDate: Friday, 28/December/2012, 1:17 PM | Message # 1
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Hello guys. Recently i found my old copy of Cossacks II: Battle for Europe and decided to install the game and play it yet again. (Here i want to state that i own an original copy of the game) So when i put the DVD in the DVD/RW Drive of my computer it just loads for like few seconds, sends some noisec indicating that it loads and then nothing .. it doesnt read the DVD (Here i want to tell that iam using Windows 7/32 bit). It doesnt even indicate there is something in the DVD Drive, because when i click it, it says "Put a CD/DVD in the Drive/Drive is empty." I have tried few things and they didnt work .. the problem isnt from my DVD Drive, since it loads other CD/DVD's without any problem. So i came here in search of help. If anyone has encountere3d the same problem or if he can solve it please reply. Thank you in advance~

IenzoDate: Friday, 28/December/2012, 2:49 PM | Message # 2
Viscount
Group: Moderators
Awards: 2
It may be broken. That happened to me once, the drive was broken apparently.
Or alternatvely, the surface melted under heat. Maybe there is a shop nearby that you can have it polished?

Update your Cossacks and American Conquest Icons to a more modern look!
Ditch Windows, use Linux and still use the best RTS game in the world Cossacks!

Message edited by Ienzo - Friday, 28/December/2012, 2:50 PM

chromeDate: Friday, 28/December/2012, 2:58 PM | Message # 3
Esquire
I will try cleaning the disc .. but the CD/DVD Drive of my computer isnt broken, since it loads other CD/DVD's without any problems.

DaddioDate: Friday, 28/December/2012, 7:20 PM | Message # 4
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
You could be having a few problems.

one how many disk do you have. If you have 5 disk then it is a CD system. Not all of the current dvd systems will read the older CD's.

Also as mentioned above your disk could be damaged.

Cleaning should help as long as the surface is not scratched.

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

chromeDate: Sunday, 06/January/2013, 2:59 PM | Message # 5
Esquire
I tried the Disk on Windows XP/2000/98 and it works fine on all of them .. but doesnt load on Windows 7 - its just one disk - a dvd.

Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » Cossacks II: Battle for Europe DVD loading problem
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: