[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » cossacks 2 bfe on win7 issues (not working because of starforce protection old version)
cossacks 2 bfe on win7 issues
stefanbobonocDate: Wednesday, 08/July/2015, 8:39 AM | Message # 1
Noblemen
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Hi guys, i'm new here so hi everybody, i have a problem with cossacks 2 BFE, it won't work on Windows 7 because of Starforce protection system.
NW works just fine though. Starforce website says my 3.7.16.4 verison is
too old to update, so they say i have to contact provider for a patch. i
wrote Support but nothing happened yet. anyone here had this issue
before and solved it? if so, how ? (i mention that i didn't play it for
quite a while since i changed computers and when i tried to reinstall my
games encountered this issue) thanx for any solutions you can provide!

DaddioDate: Wednesday, 08/July/2015, 8:46 PM | Message # 2
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
There is a file that you copy from one game to the other. But I do not remember what it was.

First take a look through this section of the forum, and see if someone had a similar problem if you would.

And I will try mu best to look it up.

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

stefanbobonocDate: Friday, 10/July/2015, 2:25 PM | Message # 3
Noblemen
thanx a lot, i checked the forum yesterday, people had trouble with steam, or crashing game after instal, i cannot even finish installing the game because after installing libraries starforce gives me this error: 3.7.16.4; 3008

Added (10/July/2015, 2:25 PM)
---------------------------------------------
found something yet, Daddio? i browsed the net all day long, no solution found though, and GSC Support still not answered me yet

Message edited by stefanbobonoc - Friday, 10/July/2015, 2:26 PM

DaddioDate: Saturday, 11/July/2015, 2:08 AM | Message # 4
Marquis
It will be next week before I can get to it.

Sorry, busy week.

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

stefanbobonocDate: Monday, 13/July/2015, 8:44 AM | Message # 5
Noblemen
np, for the moment i used a no cd fixed crack and works, but has some bugs in BFE mode - spanish musketeers don't shoot, troops marching on the side of the road, not on the road, and through buildings sometimes, also making some detours when the face water, or not moving on orders gave in pause mode, also some red flag missions remain unsolved even if you place your troops on the red flag spot, and one that i had for a long time, if you capture cannons, AI remove some squadrons from your army and place those cannons instead. is there a patch for these bugs?

MarshalDate: Monday, 13/July/2015, 7:32 PM | Message # 6
Count
I bought this and it works fine on my Win7 Pro 64 bit computer.

http://www.amazon.com/Histori....pc+game

1st Prince de Wagram, 1st Duc de Valangin, 1st Sovereign Prince de Neuchatel, Marshal of France, Marshal Louis Alexandre Berthier

stefanbobonocDate: Tuesday, 14/July/2015, 7:39 AM | Message # 7
Noblemen
yeah, well, the question is, why pay again for a game on which producer should offer support? and why use starforce when everyone says it's a shitty protection system, than can easily be bypassed (as I did - and I'm not a hacking genius), and which causes only problems to legit users?

MarshalDate: Tuesday, 14/July/2015, 6:28 PM | Message # 8
Count
At the time when CII was first introduced, Starforce was the best security system when it came to dealing with piracy.  It took a long time before someone finally figured out how to bypass it.  Today it's no problem and the company is no longer the security leader it once was because of the bad reputation they acquired.  Patch 1.4 from what I understand bypassed  it, but it's only in Russian and I couldn't figure out how to install it.  Starforce from what others have told me no longer has any solutions to the problems their security system created and now doesn't support their own products.  GSC on the other hand isn't gonna do anything either, if Starforce can't fix the problem then GSC can't either.  GSC should just release a patch for all CII games to bypass the security system.  

Me

1st Prince de Wagram, 1st Duc de Valangin, 1st Sovereign Prince de Neuchatel, Marshal of France, Marshal Louis Alexandre Berthier

stefanbobonocDate: Wednesday, 15/July/2015, 3:17 PM | Message # 9
Noblemen
well, it sucks then! have to buy the game all over again...

DaddioDate: Thursday, 16/July/2015, 11:36 PM | Message # 10
Marquis
I am sorry, but I can't find anything on the fix anymore.

Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » cossacks 2 bfe on win7 issues (not working because of starforce protection old version)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: