• »
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » Cossacks.com
Cossacks.com
DaddioDate: Wednesday, 23/December/2009, 5:00 AM | Message # 1
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
It seems that you could buy the domain of Cossacks.com for $2000 Euro.

It appears that GSC is selling its name?

Daddio

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

EbelAngelDate: Wednesday, 23/December/2009, 7:02 AM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Quote (Daddio)
It seems that you could buy the domain of Cossacks.com for $2000 Euro.
It appears that GSC is selling its name?

Possible, do you mean the page that pops up with a link to buy this domain when you visit www.cossacks.com ? If so, I'm not exactly sure how selling internet adresses works, but I believed once you bought a domain its yours untill you sell it, so I don't see how its a third party that actually sells it. I presume thats just a random page that pops up when you visit a site that has gone offline.

As I said, not sure though.

DaddioDate: Wednesday, 23/December/2009, 3:48 PM | Message # 3
Marquis
Well Gex had a very good point, cdv owned the site, not GSC, so it is most likely that cdv has lost interest.

Daddio

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

NowyDate: Wednesday, 30/December/2009, 10:08 AM | Message # 4
Marquis
Group: Users
Awards: 1
Does it realy mean that CDV lost interset in Cossacks.com?

I know that CSC stopped modifying Cossacks technically, but can not they or another professional team back there.

These games were quite interesting, special Cossacks II BfE basing on Napoleonic Wars had many fine ideas. Nevertheless these games need so many improvments and therefore is a place for a lot of work there. Why they do not do it?

[BiH]AmArDate: Thursday, 31/December/2009, 9:47 PM | Message # 5
Knight
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
Yes i think GsC lost interest too.
I think its because they concentrate all their energy and work that can be done not on cossacks but on Stalker and as I can see they wish to get stalker to perfectionism so much that they forgot all about cossacks ... sad

Someone should maybe send them an email and let them know about this issue.

Regards and Happy new decade

EbelAngelDate: Friday, 01/January/2010, 9:28 AM | Message # 6
Site Administrator
[BiH]AmAr,

It's not that they have forgotten about Cossacks. It's just that they are in need of money to develop the next Cossacks game.

As you may or may not know, making games requires huge investments in development before any money is gained from it, hence the risk is quite big of investors not seeing their money back.
Especially in these troubled economic times, it is quite hard to find investors for this type of rts games. It's a pitty, I know, but thats how the world works today. The bottom line is always money. Many big game companies have sacked a lot of people in the past 2 years ( E.A.,...)

You could say, why do they need investors, they probably made a lot of money out of Cossacks I. Well yes, they probably did, but somehow they choose to invest it in the creation of other games such as Alexander and HoAE. Since these games weren't really big hits, they lost money, which obviously they cant invest in the next cossacks game. Capital error, but hey, at least they tried and took the risk, it could have worked out good aswell.

I didnt ask about this in my last email to gsc, but in a previous one, the PR director clearly stated it was their intent to go and create the next Cossacks game. I'm sure they got plenty of good ideas, blueprints and such already.

Make no mistake, if cossacks.com and cossacks2.com are offline, then be sure that they know off this. No need to send them a message to let them know about this issue, Nowy. You probably wouldnt even get a reply back. Especially if its a negative minded email.

As I see it, Cossacks I was a lucky shot, created in a struggle to survive. Did you know they used to make online encyclopedia's and in order to survive, they choose the path of the gaming world. By todays standarts, I don't think it would be such a success again. It's getting increasingly harder to satisfy people. 10 years back when game's came out people were all in awe , now all you get is complaints when games come out.

Oh well, fingers crossed and let's hope for the best for GSC, hopefully they can reiterate their successes off the past in this new decade.

NowyDate: Friday, 01/January/2010, 8:22 PM | Message # 7
Marquis
Group: Users
Awards: 1
Quote (EbelAngel)
Make no mistake, if cossacks.com and cossacks2.com are offline, then be sure that they know off this. No need to send them a message to let them know about this issue, Nowy. You probably wouldnt even get a reply back. Especially if its a negative minded email.

Excusme me, if you think negative you can say that something is a negative minded, but if think positive, you will know that constructive criticism is much better than all these empty lovely words. Complains are not good of course, but criticism could/should makes things better. At last we know what and where needs improvements and this game (C2) could/should be better developed then they can earn more money.

But they lost some money and lost they interests in Cossacks now. How they can look for investors if they do not show them any interesting news there.
They should prepare something new e.g. mod or add-on for C2 which GSC know better than many moders. If they will show that they can makes things better then they will can find investors even for these RTS games.

Concentrate only on STALKER serier games is not good idea because game development company could die with one game sometime. Therefore GSC needs another series games. It could be games like Cossacks and American Conquist but should be better developed and more accurate with basic history.

[BiH]AmArDate: Saturday, 02/January/2010, 9:24 PM | Message # 8
Knight
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
Thanks for that true and nice reply Angel.

Quote (Nowy)
How they can look for investors if they do not show them any interesting news there.
They should prepare something new e.g. mod or add-on for C2 which GSC know better than many moders. If they will show that they can makes things better then they will can find investors even for these RTS games.

That's true too...

I think that gsc should try more about the whole cossacks project.

EbelAngelDate: Saturday, 02/January/2010, 9:28 PM | Message # 9
Site Administrator
Quote (|BiH|AmAr)
Quote (Nowy)
How they can look for investors if they do not show them any interesting news there.

That's true too...

This is a catch 21, if you know what that means it should be clear.

No money: no preparation
No preparation: no investors
No investors: no money
No Money:no preparation

(vicious circle)

Very simple, hard reality.

DaddioDate: Sunday, 03/January/2010, 0:44 AM | Message # 10
Marquis
Well we should make it very clear that GSC never owned the Cossacks domain name. So they are not the ones who is letting it go.

cdv owned it, and no longer are the distributors for the game. So it only makes seance to let it go.

While GSC is not forthcoming with much support, they surly have not given up any rights or interest to the game.

As developers go GSC is a small company, and most likely have limited resources to devote to more than a few projects at a time.

Forum » Cossacks II » Gameplay » Cossacks.com
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: