Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Map & Scenario Editing » Map Pack 09
Map Pack 09
DaddioDate: Thursday, 06/August/2009, 11:48 PM | Message # 1
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Hello Angel,

How could we publish my our maps for others to down load?

I have several that I would like to see published.

Daddio

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

Message edited by Daddio - Thursday, 06/August/2009, 11:49 PM

EbelAngelDate: Friday, 07/August/2009, 7:55 AM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Well, are you asking how to pack them up or where to publish them?

About packing, I'm still in favour of the Map Installer tool to create exe's, given that a good readme come's with it explaining how to install them on BFE. As for webspace to put them on, you can upload them here trough the Upload Section or if you like I can make a separate page for them on the site with a picture of the maps and a description going with it.

Regards

EbelAngel

DaddioDate: Saturday, 08/August/2009, 8:26 PM | Message # 3
Marquis
Well what ever you think is the best way.

I have 4 new maps done, and 2 more on the way, plus I would like to add a couple from Grey pack, and some 3 from the patch 1.4, and I have also modded about 6 from the GSC maps. So have quite a few already.

But nether the Russian, or Garniers map installer is working for me yet.

I think it is something to do with my PC, I guess. But I am clueless as to what it could be.

Very frustrating.

Daddio

I also updated msmessenger and now it wont work lol.

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

Message edited by Daddio - Saturday, 08/August/2009, 8:28 PM

GeneralForrestDate: Sunday, 09/August/2009, 3:47 AM | Message # 4
Esquire
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
Thanks for any new maps Daddio... Cosacks II is my favorite game EVER..!! The AI is the TOPS...Cheers..!!..\../

Get There First With The Most

EbelAngelDate: Sunday, 09/August/2009, 10:32 AM | Message # 5
Site Administrator
Hi GeneralForrest,

Welcome on the site.

@ Daddio: I don't think you can host the maps on the cdv forum, right? Cause they dont host files right? So it will be up to the fan sites to host them.
So if i count right thats 4+2+.?.+3+6 = 15+ .. . And how bout Garnier's map? And IG exterminator's (killeruk) map? We should put them in there aswell. ( btw: whats the 'grey' pack?)

The map creator.exe works fine for me. It would seem that its either directed to the wrong directory or in some case's on installing the first custom map it can give an error, but after that it just works for me. If they are distributed that way, it should include a well written read me with all the things that possibly can go wrong, and they can, as we all have experienced last weeks, thats Murphy's law for you... ;-)

That Garniers Installer doesnt work seems weird to me. When i tested it, it worked fine, care to elaborate a bit on that?

The other solution is to create an installer but that would overwrite mostlikely the existing file's in the data folder and hence we should include all possible maps there are, but thats quite a lot , so I'm not in favour of doing that. I still prefer the map installer exe's.

Catch me on msn this week to have a chat about this.

Regards

EbelAngel

DaddioDate: Tuesday, 11/August/2009, 5:33 PM | Message # 6
Marquis
You are most likely correct about cdv hosting, but I would think we could place a sticky refereeing everyone to this site if you are willing to host the maps.

I am not sure about exterminators maps? I have not seem any of them yet?

The Gray maps are those by Aga, TT, Little john, etc. (the one you had all the problems with the installer)

Yes I am sure its has something to do with my system. The error I get is that it is unable to find installation path. Which is basically the same problem with the other map installer.

Anyway be looking for you on msm.

Daddio

Added (09/August/2009, 5:26 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
I have 15 2 player maps, and 7 for 4 players or more.

But only one of these are from IG, do you have any more?

Daddio

Added (11/August/2009, 5:33 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
I have received a go ahead to publish the maps from 1.4, so we can also post these as well.

Daddio

EbelAngelDate: Wednesday, 12/August/2009, 0:15 AM | Message # 7
Site Administrator
Yes I think I have more maps then that, though you will find some unbalanced, but that can be solved right.

I just posted to your other thread about the bitmaps, and mentionned there that it would be best to put all maps with their pic's and information on a separate newly created page here rather then just upload them trough that upload feature.

Will be a bit of work to make it look allright but should be doable.

Started a list a couple a weeks ago, should finish it up , sort the maps out, compare with what you got ...
Will take some time for this on the weekend-next week.

Regards

E.A.

DaddioDate: Wednesday, 12/August/2009, 1:17 AM | Message # 8
Marquis
OK, I have updated the Excel spreadsheet you sent to me.

I will send that when I see you next on msm.

Daddio

DaddioDate: Wednesday, 19/August/2009, 9:05 PM | Message # 9
Marquis
I have had some complaints about installing the maps.

The installer tries to load the map into the CII NW folder by default.

I have added a few lines at the top of the map page, but I would feel better if you looked it over or better yet was able to better explain the procedure to load the maps.

Thanks,

Daddio

EbelAngelDate: Wednesday, 19/August/2009, 9:12 PM | Message # 10
Site Administrator
Normally by default the install path is empty.

You have to manually direct it to the appropriate folder depending onwhether its for NW or BFE.

The problems I had before were also due to not correctly directing it the the appropriate folder. It should work fine for both versions really.

What is possible ofcourse is that there is an issue with some of the installers themself, that is the maps.

It would be nice to know which maps cause problems and not like terminator said, 'i have an issue' and when asked which map, he forgot. I cannot check all maps, well I can, but not now;

Have you tried the maps installers out before you uploaded them yourself, see if they worked for you?

Message edited by EbelAngel - Wednesday, 19/August/2009, 9:24 PM

Forum » Cossacks II » Map & Scenario Editing » Map Pack 09
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: