[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Modding » Range, damage, morale, and reloading times. (Little help)
Range, damage, morale, and reloading times.
EliijahhDate: Wednesday, 27/April/2011, 1:36 PM | Message # 1
Esquire
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Hello.

Cossacks 2 BFE is a fantastic game that I really like. There are just a few things about the game that are a little bit unbalanced.

1) Range: Well muskets were used at a distance of 160yards max, and I would like to increase the range in game a little bit.

2) Damage: As muskets weren't always fired in the "red zone" so in the zone with the most mortality, I would like to decrease the damage. Firefights in the era, as I found info, didn't last just a hit then the formation just escaped. At the opposite fights lasted a while.

3) Morale: See above. As I said to make battles last more then a hit, I need to raise morale as well.

4) Reloading times: Well they are a little bit to high in game. A musket doesn't take two minutes to reload, so i'd like to lower the time of hitting.

Now the game is (talking about only infantry firefights), either you hit the enemy first and hope to destroy his formation, or you're screwed as the enemy will advance and fire his muskets at close combat range, destroying your formation.

Anyway the problem is that I don't have any idea how to start, so I'd like to receive a little help from you, veterans modders smile

EbelAngelDate: Wednesday, 27/April/2011, 4:43 PM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Most off the things mentionned above can be changed in the .MD files.

These can be found in the Data\UnitsMD folder. Each unit has its own MD file and within you find the characteristics off the units.

For example, locate AusMus.MD ( Austrian Musketeer Monster Description)

Open it with Notepad or wordpad. Inside you will find strings like below:

Code
DAMAGE   0 12
DAMAGE   1 100
DAMAGE   3 0
LIFE     100
DIRECTTRANS 0 1
RECTANGLE 0 2 32 40
ATTACK_RADIUS 0 0 80
DET_RADIUS 0 0 200
ATTACK_RADIUS 1 0 900
DET_RADIUS 1 0 7000
ATTACK_RADIUS 3 0 0
DET_RADIUS 3 0 0
WEAPON 1 SHOTFOGSTARTPISTOLSLABII
SEARCH_ENEMY_RADIUS 900
ZPOINTS 33 33
ATTACK_PAUSE 1 800
ATTACK_PAUSE 0 0  
ATTACK_PAUSE 3 0
//Matheruals:
//BODY,STONE,WOOD,IRON,AIR
MATHERIAL 1 BODY
CANKILL   2 BODY STENA
PRICE 2 FOOD 20 IRON 5
WEAPONKIND 1 VISTREL
WEAPONKIND 0 MECH
//#MG BUILDSTAGES 20
BUILDSTAGES 15
SHOWDELAY
RASTRATA_NA_VISTREL 1 1 COAL 5
VISION 0
USAGE STRELOK
STANDGROUND
INFO 0 30
FORCE 20
NOPAUSEDATTACK 0
SLOWRECHARGE
USETRANSX 0
USETRANSX 1
USETRANSX 2
DAMAGEDEC 1 400
RAZBROS 150
UNITRADIUS 8
CANSHOOT
STORMFORCE 20
FRIENDLYFIRE
FEARFACTOR 2 28
FEARRADIUS 2 255
FEARFACTOR 0 1
FEARRADIUS 0 255
FEARFACTOR 1 14
FEARRADIUS 1 255
FEARFACTOR 3 56
FEARRADIUS 3 255
FEARTYPE 0 2
FEARTYPE 1 1
PSIXOZ 128
ARMATTACK
/BREAKANIMATION #ATTACK3
NOPAUSEDATTACK 0
BREAKANIMATION #REST
FEARTYPE 0 2
FEARTYPE 1 1
BREAKANIMATION #REST
MOVEBREAK #ATTACK3
MOVEBREAK #TRANSX3
MOVEBREAK #TRANS3X
MOVEBREAK #PATTACK3
MOVEBREAK #UATTACK3
FEARSTART 40
TIREDCHANGE #ATTACK3 50
SKILLDAMAGEMASK 1
SKILLDAMAGEFORMBONUS 5
MOTIONSTYLE SINGLESTEP
ROTATE 16
MOVEBREAK #MOTION_L
MOVEBREAK #MOTION_L0
ARMRADIUS 150
BIGICON Interf3\Units_Aus 11
MINICON Interf3\Units_Aus_mini 11
INMENUICON Interf3\AusSmallMenuUnits 11
BIGCOLDWEAP Interf3\BigWeapon 0
BIGFIREWEAP Interf3\BigWeapon 7
//PORTBACKCOLOR 205 100 0
PORTBRANCH 0
RESCONSUMER FOOD 8
STANDGROUNDTIME 10
BUILDHOTKEY X
BRANDOMPOS 4
BRANDOMSPEED 14
PORTBACKSPRITE 2
BOIDSMOVING 16 5
SOUND 3 #DEATH DEATH_PEH
SITINFORMATIONS
DONTTRANSFORMTOCHARGESTATE
COLORVARIATION 16
SOUND 10 #ATTACK WEAP_SHTIK
ATTPREVIEW2 200
ATTPREVIEW1 450
SPEEDSCALEONTREES 60
SOUND 1 #REST ARMY  
SOUND 1 #MOTION_L PEHOTA_GO
SOUND 1 #MOTION_L0 PEHOTA_GO
SELTYPE Round 1 1
SELTYPE_BRIG BrigRound 1 1
SETACTIVEPOINT0 #ATTACK 5
MOTION_ON_ROAD_SOUND PEHOTA_GO_ONROAD

May seem complicated at first glance, believe me, this is rather easy.

For example if you want to change range, find the line(s)

Code
ATTACK_RADIUS 1 0 900

This is the attack range ( or radius) from 0 untill 900 for weaponkind 1. The game doesnt count in yards as you state, so you will have to experiment with the numbers to satisfy your needs. Weaponkind 1, as you can read lower in the strings is:

Code
WEAPONKIND 1 VISTREL

Vistrel is the rifle

Closely related , as you put in point 4) reloading times is:

Code
ATTACK_PAUSE 1 800

In other words, for weaponkind 1 ( see above) it takes 800 gameframes to reload ( pause between attacks).

Again, experiment with the numbers

For more information about the strings in the MD files, please see to the Cossacks I & Cossacks II modding section on the main page off this site.

Highly suggested to take a copy off your game, put it on your desktop and play around with the files there, because you will mess up. We all do. And you cant play online with a non distributed mod as it will cause synchronisation errors while playing with people with non modded versions.

Dont hesitate to ask questions.

NowyDate: Thursday, 28/April/2011, 0:07 AM | Message # 3
Marquis
Group: Users
Awards: 1
Quote ("Eliijahh")
Cossacks 2 BFE is a fantastic game that I really like. There are just a few things about the game that are a little bit unbalanced.

Yes C2BfE is a fantastic game, however many things there is ubalanced or not quite well prepared. Nevertheles it is only a game.

Regarding these mentioned in your post things (range, demage, morale, reloading times) you should include that there are few more aspects.

1) Musket fire range can not be increased if artillery fire range will not increase. Historically cannons had much bigger range than muskets had e.g effective fire range for musket was 200 m and for 6 pound cannon 900 to 1000 m.
Worse that there is accuracy problem too e.g. historically battalion in line formation cover front wide 280 m, it could mean that soldier from battalions left wing normally had a problem with accuracy and hit on target placed on battalions right wing was hard. Therefore these fire zones in the game should not be too big.

2) Demage ratio should be decreased, because muskets were not so accurate on battlefields. However lenght of the firefights varied at that period and it is not so easy to change that aspect in the game. If you like longer firefights in the game then try fire by 1,2,3 ranks and not by all battalion formation. This way you also can fire more than one big hit and your firefights can last more too.

3) Morale will be enough if demage ratio will be decrease, I suppouse. There are many historical data when formations broke with one volley too.

4) Reloding times is more comlicate question and I do not undestand what you really want to change there. You want to do faster firefighs?

If you would like you also can take in consideration this
http://napoleonistyka.atspace.com/infantry_tactics_2.htm
and this
http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/forum/29-83-1

There was quite long and interesting discusion about needed improvements in C2.

I also had there many suggestions and ideas to this game.

Regards
Nowy

Message edited by Nowy - Thursday, 28/April/2011, 0:10 AM

Forum » Cossacks II » Modding » Range, damage, morale, and reloading times. (Little help)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: