Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Modding » Random Map Generator
Random Map Generator
OC_DavoutDate: Saturday, 04/September/2010, 10:22 PM | Message # 21
Knight
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
Quote (Daddio)
Well I would think that it is possible, simply because the AI will always fire from the "Yellow" zone, unless you have already fired, then it will fire on you from the red zone.
Perhaps it would be as simple as placing the units under the control of the AI?
Of if possible to see haw the AI triggers such actions?
I use the word "simple" to mean a place to look, rather than something I could ever do myself.
Daddio

The AI firing is a 'controlled' shot. It fires not on 'auto fire' but on a set rule very much the way that we do but from the outside. That way the AI mimics outside control. If the AI had the same autofire 'switch' set it too would fire at max range.

EbelAngelDate: Sunday, 05/September/2010, 9:39 PM | Message # 22
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Quote (OC_Davout)
I have been looking at some of the info you have posted and am very impresssed.

Thanks, the information is very basic though. I have more that I can share but it's all a lot of work to write it all down and organize it a bit.

Quote (OC_Davout)
Is it possible to remove the need for a townhall at start?

Yes, though i don't remember the name off the file right now, I'll have to check again, but I believe it was in (Ex)landscape(2).xml or one off those.

Quote (OC_Davout)
I have setup the unit type editor to associate the peasants as a type and the townhalls as a type. This was just in case this was casusing issues. It may be right or it may be wrong. I doubt this is the issue, but not sure.

It just may be an issue with this. I had lot of problems with it when I first ventured around in setting up random maps. As I believe, the order in which you set up your units & buildings in this menu have to be in the same order as they are defined in other files listing nations ( eg. nations.lst, AIRouter, Ai.dat, ...)
I ended up cleaning out the entire game, leaving one nation alive, then it worked and added one nation back at the time. However, as I'v learned with modding, it just may be something else that is set up wrong, the slighest error can cause malfunctions where as far bigger errors dont cause problems. It all depends...

Quote (OC_Davout)
The final question is why the sprites are not being drawn. Or rather why they are being drawn so sparsely. I at first created the main sprite as FrenchTH + 10 French peasants this drew for me and not the enemy once in about 10 goes giving a immediate victory. The other times a defeats with sporadic enemy draws

Not exactly sure what you mean with this.

Quote (OC_Davout)
As for autofire, yes there is an option for that. It was quite easy to be honest. I will try to find out what the toggle was, but ther 'flaw' with it is that fire always happened at maximum range when 'on'.

Interested which approach you took for this. Is it in the .md files or the interface you did this? I found 2 ways but neither are very elegant solutions.

P.S. If you plan to mod the game, I got some file's that aren't on the site yet which may proove to be helpfull towards any mod.

Kind Regards

E.A.

OC_DavoutDate: Monday, 06/September/2010, 7:10 PM | Message # 23
Knight
Quote (EbelAngel)
Thanks, the information is very basic though. I have more that I can share but it's all a lot of work to write it all down and organize it a bit.

I know what you mean. You have done marvels with what you have posted. Even so there are so many questions thatare thrown up when I scratch the surface.

Quote (EbelAngel)
Yes, though i don't remember the name off the file right now, I'll have to check again, but I believe it was in (Ex)landscape(2).xml or one off those.

I have corrected the issue (somehow). Not sure what I did to correct it but I simply changed the random map surface and it worked. All I can assume is that for some reason the generator just didnt want to place my sprites on the map. Strange really

Quote (EbelAngel)
It just may be an issue with this. I had lot of problems with it when I first ventured around in setting up random maps. As I believe, the order in which you set up your units & buildings in this menu have to be in the same order as they are defined in other files listing nations ( eg. nations.lst, AIRouter, Ai.dat, ...)
I ended up cleaning out the entire game, leaving one nation alive, then it worked and added one nation back at the time. However, as I'v learned with modding, it just may be something else that is set up wrong, the slighest error can cause malfunctions where as far bigger errors dont cause problems. It all depends...

At this moment I am unsure where I am going but I must say that I am 'curious' again.

Quote (EbelAngel)
Not exactly sure what you mean with this.

Was basically saying that the sprites would draw, but only rarely and I would never get a sprite for both nations at the same time. As I say though I have 'fixed' the problem for now.

Quote (EbelAngel)
Interested which approach you took for this. Is it in the .md files or the interface you did this? I found 2 ways but neither are very elegant solutions.
P.S. If you plan to mod the game, I got some file's that aren't on the site yet which may proove to be helpfull towards any mod.
Kind Regards
E.A.

As i say I am unsure what I am going to do for now but am at5 least enjoying looking back at the engine again. Especially as you have managed to unlock so much more.

Just out of curiosity what other 'files' have you got?

As for the autofire I believe there are about 3 settings I changed the details of what they are I am unsure for now, so I will have to look at it again to see if I can remember. Wiull post them when I find them.

FtoomshDate: Saturday, 13/April/2013, 12:47 PM | Message # 24
Count
Group: Modders
OC_Davout, Trying to contact you. See my new public message. - Cheers, Ftoomsh.

kirjasbeltranDate: Friday, 20/March/2015, 3:54 PM | Message # 25
Viscount
Group: Users
How do you access this random map generator? does this enable the player to be able to fight more than one ai nation, or if not all the other nations?

TheCossackDate: Sunday, 25/November/2018, 2:34 PM | Message # 26
Noblemen
Group: Users
Anyone still has the latest version to share?

Sorry for the necro :x

LanceSpezzateDate: Saturday, 21/March/2020, 11:53 PM | Message # 27
Esquire
Mod with random maps https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2024750270

Forum » Cossacks II » Modding » Random Map Generator
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search: