[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Modding » Village upgrades order in editor (?)
Village upgrades order in editor
aiidiiDate: Wednesday, 06/March/2013, 11:24 PM | Message # 1
Count
Group: Checked
Awards: 3
I've been trying to put them in correct order through Dip folder, changing various entries in xml files there. Is it possible at all to set them in the right order to use in the editor?

All I've managed to achieve was to set village upgrade icons in 2 1 order with time needed for an upgrade set at 900 as default. But that still only works on an already existing map in Designed folder. Not if I want to start creating a brand new map.

I drink, therefore I am.

DaddioDate: Thursday, 07/March/2013, 0:24 AM | Message # 2
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
I am not sure what your question is?

Are you trying to change an existing village? or start a new one?

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

aiidiiDate: Thursday, 07/March/2013, 10:33 AM | Message # 3
Count
I was trying to make the 3 village upgrades when you set up a village to be in the correct order. So you don't have to do it manually.

I drink, therefore I am.

EbelAngelDate: Thursday, 07/March/2013, 4:32 PM | Message # 4
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
I'm also not entirely sure what it is you are trying to do here. Could you clarify that further?

aiidiiDate: Thursday, 07/March/2013, 4:49 PM | Message # 5
Count
OK.

Now when you go to village upgrades you have to move them in the correct order. So that in-game the village upgrade icons appear. I was trying to move them in the correct order through the Dip folder of the game files. To save time and trouble of doing that manually each time for each village when creating a map.

I drink, therefore I am.

EbelAngelDate: Thursday, 07/March/2013, 6:28 PM | Message # 6
Site Administrator
And did you save that dip.xml so the changes remain to be used the next time?

aiidiiDate: Saturday, 28/September/2013, 11:40 PM | Message # 7
Count
Yes. I have made changes to coal.dip.xml, C1.dip, C2.dip, C3.dip and C2.dip.xml, C3.dip.xml in subfolder 1

Added (15/September/2013, 12:29 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Can anyone who knows how to work with Gigapacker change the order of upgrade icons in Upg.g17?

So that upgrade 3 is in the first frame and upgrade 1 in the third frame.

Added (28/September/2013, 11:40 PM)
Success!!!

Village upgrade icons are now in the correct order from the start. This will save time when bringing villages to life.

Link --> Modified Dip files

Minor changes are as follows:

1. Creation time for village militia is set to 50.
2. Number of village militiamen is set to 30.
3. Creation time for peasants is set to 200.

Major change is as follows:

1. All three standard village upgrades are pre-set in the correct order.
This means you no longer have to manually set them up in the editor.
2. In-game village upgrade icons are pre-set in the correct order. No longer all three side-by-side.
3. All three standard village upgrades have pre-set upgrade time set as:
upgrade I - 900, upgrade II - 1800 and upgrade III - 2700.

The following still has to be done manually:

1. Loading the correct dip file.
2. Typing the correct player number.
3. Typing the secondary group name.

Cheers
aiidii

I drink, therefore I am.

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 30/September/2013, 5:54 PM | Message # 8
Site Administrator
I'm glad you got it all working aiidii, but you do realize that this is a single player mod right? Without the icons.G17 and the relevant .dip files, anyone who would attempt to play this map online would encounter synch errors mostlikely.
If not, its an open door into cheating right here. I dont believe it would work online without the corresponding files.

You may want to mention this on your modified dip files in case people want to try this out.

I could be wrong about it, and perhaps it doess store the information on the map (.m3d) itself, but I doubt it. Did you try it?

Regards.

aiidiiDate: Sunday, 03/November/2013, 0:35 AM | Message # 9
Count
Quote (EbelAngel)
I'm glad you got it all working aiidii, but you do realize that this is a single player mod right? Without the icons.G17 and the relevant .dip files, anyone who would attempt to play this map online would encounter synch errors mostlikely.If not, its an open door into cheating right here. I dont believe it would work online without the corresponding files.

It is just meant to speed up the process of "giving birth" to villages in the editor when making new maps. Of course if two people play online and one has these files while the other does not, then it is cheating, yes.

I don't understand what you meant with G17 icons here. No new icons are needed. These are just standard three upgrade icons that are already in the game files.

Quote (EbelAngel)
You may want to mention this on your modified dip files in case people want to try this out.

I will do that.

Quote (EbelAngel)
I could be wrong about it, and perhaps it doess store the information on the map (.m3d) itself, but I doubt it. Did you try it?

Village upgrades for this map  (which was made with modified dip files in BfE) work fine in NW. And I haven't changed dip files there.

Added (03/October/2013, 7:39 PM)
P.S.:

How do I add more village upgrades to work? I've changed Dip files today to add 2 more upgrades for each village and have set which icons to appear. In the game nothing shows after first three upgrades. What other files would I need to tinker with?

Added (03/November/2013, 0:35 AM)
P.S.S: I have confirmation on my end that the information is stored on the map itself. I have made a test map on vanilla version of the game and then changed dip files after that. When I play the map only the original 3 upgrades can be done. But in the editor 2 new additional upgrades are already present when bringing a village to life in a completely new map.

Modifications in the Dip files are not retroactive for already installed maps. They only work on maps created after modifications. However, already installed maps still work ok.

I drink, therefore I am.

Message edited by aiidii - Monday, 30/September/2013, 8:18 PM

EbelAngelDate: Sunday, 03/November/2013, 1:16 PM | Message # 10
Site Administrator
Quote aiidii ()
P.S.S: I have confirmation on my end that the information is stored on the map itself. I have made a test map on vanilla version of the game and then changed dip files after that. When I play the map only the original 3 upgrades can be done. But in the editor 2 new additional upgrades are already present when bringing a village to life in a completely new map.

Modifications in the Dip files are not retroactive for already installed maps. They only work on maps created after modifications. However, already installed maps still work ok.

Interesting.

Forum » Cossacks II » Modding » Village upgrades order in editor (?)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: