[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: [hwk]poppen, Ienzo  
Forum » American Conquest » Modding » Hawks European Warfare (HEW)
Hawks European Warfare (HEW)
deli_huseyinDate: Tuesday, 01/March/2011, 0:19 AM | Message # 11
Baron
Group: Users
Awards: 0
sorry for late reply..yes the game works fine without a mod.and game works fine wtih your mod too..

.I ve downloaded a russian version of this mod it calls awar version I think anyway it never worked..and GEx version ? game didnt work with this mod too.
but I cant download the patch 3 from that page ..anyway ur mod is really nice..wonderfull unit animations. I like that Turkish muskeeter smile it looks very realistic..
and should I download patch 3 or only patch 4 ??

[hwk]poppenDate: Tuesday, 01/March/2011, 1:01 AM | Message # 12
The master of Pike and shot
Group: Moderators
Awards: 2
ONLY patch 4

Non progredi est regredi

NowyDate: Friday, 11/March/2011, 10:03 AM | Message # 13
Marquis
Awards: 1
[HWK poppen] thanks that you added my remarks to HEW mod to the HWK forum.

Gex quickly replied,

Quote (”HWK gexozoid”)

REPLY FROM GEX!
"Didn't find a single point viable, and most of them were preaching history of the facts well known long time before.
For limber there is a nice instrucion on how to use it in the readme where you can point him to read it and learn it for the rest its all stuff i know or has been known but not used. HEW is an interpretation of Napoleonic period and thats what it is. Most points are from a person who hasnt much followed the development of the entire mod in detail.
Only viable point I did find is the AI for SP. Not even the balacing for SP was good cause there are REASONS why cavalry cost that much or why infantry cost that much. All done for a reason. But the AI part wont be done unless someone offers to create the AI by themselves which is not likely.
Patch 4 is the last patch, only next possible FIX that will come out is to fix thoes small glitches found in the patch 4.
gex"

but his reply was little bit irritate that I took a rest for a while and answer today.
His statement was illogical because he wrote that he didn’t find, a single point viable in my remarks to HEW then what will be fix there.
He wrote
Quote (”HWK gexozoid”)

only next possible FIX that will come out is to fix those small glitches found in the patch 4.

Nothing about bigger improvements which can make more interesting game play.
Did he lost interest to makes more improvements to his mod?
Does he forgot that many small faults can makes serious troubles sometimes?
This way his HEW mod can lost attraction. It is little bit strange thing, but it is his choice.

I want to clear here that my intention was not preaching history of the facts well known long time before, but to show some examples where every clever boy can find not only small glitches, but also bigger faults in this mod. I didn’t want to be rude, therefore made that soft suggestions about needed improvements there. I didn’t think that all of these points can be or should be done, but many things could be improved as like this spoiled artillery transportation, units maneuvering, tactics, formations strength, units selection and placement. Even balancing could be changed, because it can improve game play.

Think that someone who want to play historical based game this one would like to see and test more historically accurate things there.
If HEW is an interpretation of Napoleonic period it could include more accordance with Napoleonic warfare, proper ratios, proportions, scaling and ideas based on historical facts.

Instead discus or rethink my points Gex wrote

Quote (HWK gexozoid)
there are REASONS why cavalry cost that much or why infantry cost that much. All done for a reason.

Then what a reason there were? What a reason that small foot formations in his mod for infantry, sappers, gendarmes and skirmishers included 30 men.
It is 30% of basic infantry formations and it can be historically inaccurate proportion. This small foot units serviced mainly as companies which included about 80-140 men, when basic infantry battalions included nominally 600-1200 men. Gendarmes formations were even smaller formations than infantry companies. Sappers in the game even built fortifications individually, then what a reason for 30 men in these formations.

To make them more resistant on enemy attacks? Funny, tell me where and when these small companies can withstand battalions frontline attacks. Historically they formed much smaller formations, used extended order, hided behind terrain obstacles and fortifications, then they can fought. And that was my statement in my pervious remarks to HEW. Therefore I suggested include 15 men companies as small foot formations in the game. It is better and more accurate proportion to bigger infantry formations which have 100 men in the game. In Cossacks games are 15 men small formations for what’s reason too. However in C2 basic infantry formations have 120 men and it is too many soldiers there.

I could clear more my pervious points where I suggested to improve many things in HEW, but if Gex wouldn’t discus these questions it’s fine, let he do whatever he likes, but he lost possibility to makes many things better.

HEW mod is quite interesting, however it is not perfect and so many mistakes we can find there. Many things could be improved, but Gex choice is only fix those small glitches.

Regards
Nowy

PS
I have read patch 4 spec and HEW readme and have made some tests before I have made my pervious remarks to HEW. Therefore I can said that many things still needed improvements and artillery and new limbers put in patch 4 operated worse.

Added (11/March/2011, 10:03 Am)
---------------------------------------------
Hm, it looks that HEW mod in not so popular there and nobody want to discuse more about this mod on this forum.

Hey hwk poppen do you know something about these Gex annouced fix small glitches?

Message edited by Nowy - Thursday, 24/March/2011, 12:58 PM

[hwk]poppenDate: Saturday, 12/March/2011, 1:03 AM | Message # 14
no clue yet

Non progredi est regredi

Oberst_FuchsDate: Wednesday, 23/March/2011, 11:35 PM | Message # 15
Knight
Group: Checked
Hi,

I saw in HEW, 2 units which seems converted from cossacks2 (g2d) into cossacks1(gp). Turk mounted musican and Heavy camelrider.
Does anyone here has the knowledge and is able to explain how it works? Which tools except the tools from this side do I need?
Thanks for an answer.

[hwk]poppenDate: Thursday, 24/March/2011, 0:45 AM | Message # 16
there not from cossacks

Non progredi est regredi

NowyDate: Thursday, 24/March/2011, 12:45 PM | Message # 17
Marquis
Awards: 1
Hmm, they looks like they are form Csx.
Few buildings as like Polish TC and sappers build redubts alos looks like form C2, Austrian buildinds looks like from C1/
But I'm not expert in that matter.

[hwk] poppen have you asked Gex about anoused him fixes of small glitches and about these REASONS which were mentined by Gex?

Three posts above I have had made an explanation why I made my remarks to HWK there and ask next few questions too. Any aswers will be there?

Regards
Nowy

Message edited by Nowy - Thursday, 24/March/2011, 1:00 PM

[hwk]poppenDate: Friday, 25/March/2011, 1:35 AM | Message # 18
no i didnt post them. i suggest you do. becuase me and gx already have bad blood. i wouldnt want to anger him more

Non progredi est regredi

Oberst_FuchsDate: Friday, 25/March/2011, 5:15 PM | Message # 19
Knight
Group: Checked
poppen, are you absolutly sure?
these two units looks for sure absolut identic.
all the details...... and..... the shinny color which is fully different to the units, gex normally implement in his mod.

[hwk]poppenDate: Saturday, 26/March/2011, 1:38 AM | Message # 20
im sure. i asked

Non progredi est regredi

Forum » American Conquest » Modding » Hawks European Warfare (HEW)
Search: