[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Forum moderator: [hwk]poppen, Ienzo  
Forum » American Conquest » Modding » Hawks European Warfare (HEW)
Hawks European Warfare (HEW)
NowyDate: Tuesday, 05/July/2011, 11:34 PM | Message # 21
Marquis
Group: Users
Awards: 1
Quote ("hwk poppen")
no i didnt post them. i suggest you do. becuase me and gx already have bad blood. i wouldnt want to anger him more

I'm sorry I did not know that you and Gex already have bad blood.
Only thought that you both are in the hakws clan and this way it will be easier to put my remarks about HEW mod.

I did not ask Gex myself and still will not ask because he is too touchy and do not want to discuss those remarks.

However it could be helpful in his work, but it looks that he lost these possibility to improve his mod.

Added (05/July/2011, 11:34 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Gex updated HEW mod at 15 June 2011.

Can somebody explain how this patch 4.1.1 is different to patch 4 realised in february this year.

[hwk]poppenDate: Friday, 15/July/2011, 7:55 PM | Message # 22
The master of Pike and shot
Group: Moderators
Awards: 2
it fixed objective flags and windmills

Non progredi est regredi

NowyDate: Saturday, 16/July/2011, 2:20 PM | Message # 23
Marquis
Nothing else?
Gex declared in February this year that
Quote (”HWK gexozoid”)
Patch 4 is the last patch, only next possible FIX that will come out is to fix thoes small glitches found in the patch 4.
gex"

What about fix to other small glitches found in the patch 4.

HEW mod was interesting however there were many bigger glitches and many mistakes and it will be good to improve it.

What a pity that Gex has not improved more things in his mod yet.

DaddioDate: Saturday, 16/July/2011, 8:09 PM | Message # 24
Marquis
Awards: 4
Lets be honest here.

No one else has accomplished as much as Gex has with any mod of ACFB.

He has created a wonderfully detailed and enjoyable mod of a game most have a banded.

We all who have played this game owe Gex a great deal of gratitude.

HEW is far far beyond interesting, as a battle game which is what the mod and the Hawks are all about it has set new standards in accuracy and enjoyment for those involved.

I can think of no other game ever produced or modded that is up to the standards to even compare to HEW?

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

NowyDate: Sunday, 17/July/2011, 0:09 AM | Message # 25
Marquis
Daddio I could partly agreed with your statement in case mods of ACFB, but lets to be honest here.

HEW mod could/should be much better improved.
There exist so many glitches and even mistakes that it can not be called as wonderfully detalied mod.
Maybe it has set new standards in accuracy, but it is still not so impresive.

There are many historical inaccuracy, poor warfare, few not well matched (chosen) units, skirmishers formations are organized and acted wrong etc.
I could put more examples but it looks taht Gex do not want to take it into account.
Maybe he has not time for improvements, has not enough knowledge or can not sovle all these problems.

He created quite fine mod, but still it is not marvellous. What is more he did not make it much better.

Quote ("Daddio")
I can think of no other game ever produced or modded that is up to the standards to even compare to HEW?

Sorry that was quite false statement.
Have you ever tested any mods for Napoleon TW? There are much more detalied and sometime more historicaly accurate too.

I do not want to be rude, and do not want to criticize too much, but sometime few true remarks can makes better than all these lovely hollow words.

Regards
Nowy

Message edited by Nowy - Sunday, 17/July/2011, 11:13 AM

[hwk]poppenDate: Saturday, 23/July/2011, 11:30 AM | Message # 26
there is only one reason the HWKS like Fight back HEW mod compared to NTW. 1, acfb can run on almost any computer
2 the unit numbers, i play all the total war, and i play HEW. yes NTW has good graphics. but you also have to take into acount the size of fb units, ill take 16000 solders on the field compared to 4000 in ntw

Non progredi est regredi

NowyDate: Saturday, 23/July/2011, 12:10 PM | Message # 27
Marquis
Yes, you are right. NTW has much better graphics which needs better system requirements. This game has some problems with units numbers and few other things which can spoil the fun.

HEW is old mod wich greatly improved ACFB, however it still has many glitches and mistakes.

I am interesting in HEW and waiting for improvements here as well as new mods or better next add-on to C2.
This last game have big potential, but anybody did not make new mods or new add-on which can show properly Napoleonic Wars.

It will be wonderful when someone can develope quite new game in Cossacks style, where we can use big unit numbers, corectly prepared formations, tactics, interesting maps and scenarios which will properly show geographical and historical background etc.

Message edited by Nowy - Saturday, 23/July/2011, 3:02 PM

[hwk]poppenDate: Saturday, 23/July/2011, 1:10 PM | Message # 28
are you saying no one made mods for cossacks 2, there are quite a few. including one of my own witch i havent had time to finish. im trying to get the source code for any of the cossacks, AC or Cossacks 2 games from GSC. but i dont have high hopes

Non progredi est regredi

NowyDate: Saturday, 23/July/2011, 1:35 PM | Message # 29
Marquis
I knew that there were few mods for C2.
There also were few not finished things too.
Therefore I said that anybody did not make (finish) new mods for C2 which can show properly Napoleonic Wars.

Message edited by Nowy - Saturday, 23/July/2011, 3:03 PM

[hwk]poppenDate: Sunday, 24/July/2011, 9:47 PM | Message # 30
ah. well im still on my adventure trying to get the source code for any of gsc's RTS games. so i can finally get the ball rolliong and program the new stuff we all need in the engines to make it fun for all

Non progredi est regredi

Forum » American Conquest » Modding » Hawks European Warfare (HEW)
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search: