[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks III » GamePlay » Cossacks III wishlist (Discussion underCossacks fans wishlist for C III)
Cossacks III wishlist
NowyDate: Tuesday, 26/May/2015, 7:45 AM | Message # 51
Marquis
Group: Users
Awards: 1
I proposed even 18 factions/nations in six different power tiers. Read my OP in this thread.

I  Dominant maritime, mercantile and colonial great power = Great Britain
2. Domiannt land great powers = France in West Europe and Russia in East Europe
3. Major powers in troubles = Austria and Prussia in Cenmtral Europe
4. Major powers in decline = Spain and Ottoman Turkey
5. Divided, dependent or emergent six factions = North and South Germany, North and South Italian, Polish and Egyptian
6. Five minor states = Batavia-Holland, Denmark-Norway, Sweden-Finland, Swiss-Helvetia and Portugal

These power tiers oould represent different power strength, different scenarios and balance for nations in the game.
These add more diversity and will be more enjoyable. These will be more realistic and will represent bigger variety of powers.
These 18 powers in the game will better recreate historical conditions from that epoc.

C I BTW included even 20 or 21 nations. However they were poorly balanced and not realistically recreated.
It would be fine include more realistic conditions and variable balance for nations in future Cx game. This is doable.

Message edited by Nowy - Tuesday, 26/May/2015, 7:56 AM

kirjasbeltranDate: Saturday, 30/May/2015, 7:37 PM | Message # 52
Viscount
Awards: 0
Suggestions for the morale: morale is less likely to decrease if you send at least two or more formations to attack an enemy formation. Morale does not decrease by merely sending your formation from one location to another even if they are in a different formation, or if you attack an ai controlled formation specially if you have at least two formations to use against one enemy formation... The more the number of formations specially if you want to fend off an attacking ai controlled formation, the lesser the chancess of your troops' morale decreasing. I cannot help but notice that my troops' morale decreases whenever i send them in a line formation to capture a neutral/ai controlled settlement or to fend off an attacking formation. In some instances, the ai controlled formation retreats whole my pursuing formationlooses morale even if i make them use their rifles, causing the ai controlled formation to shoot them, gaining the upper hand in the process and causing my troops to loose their morale and subsequently disband. 

As for the units display, i would suggest that they display the portraits of the units and the portraits of the commander units leading them(officer, drummer or standard bearer, at least if they are programmed to lead formations individually like on cossacks 2 as opposed to requiring the presence of both the officer and Either or both drummer and standard bearer in cossacks 1 and american conquest, at least if playing as european nations in the latter, or otherwise chieftain/shaman if playing as native american factions). This way, the player can easily identify which formation led by which commander unit is still intact, or not specially if a formation disbands from loosing too much morale, or if a drummber/officer/standard bearer commanding a certain formation gets killed in battle..

FtoomshDate: Saturday, 13/June/2015, 12:10 PM | Message # 53
Count
Group: Modders
First up. where should we submit suggestions to GSC?

Second point, we can all make big wish-lists but I guess we have to be realistic and in the final analysis accept what GSC give us and work with it; both playing-wise and modding-wise.

Third point, my suggestions will clearly reflect my C1 bias and more to the point my C1 OC Mod bias. I know some of these ideas have already been put forward.

My suggestions.

1. Large formations must be possible and bonuses be applied to formations as attack/defence bonuses and/or as morale bonuses.
(Note: Thus it will be necessary to use formations in most engagements. However, having certain troops still useful loose is good for some troop types like hussars for example).

2. Formations of formations must be possible. Another way to put this is it must be possible to form formations into armies.
(Note: This is actually possible in C1 but it has a bug such that formations with different march speeds (and not only different march speeds) end up misaligned after a movement.)

3. Cannon need to have a crew, be hauled by horse, and be limbered and unlimbered in moving and setting up batteries. Cannon with dead crew cannot fire. Crew without cannon can move to a crew-less cannon. Different gauges of cannon would be good e.g. six, nine and twelve pounders plus howitzers and mortars etc. as historically appropriate. Add in heated shot to create fires and buildings that will not only burn down but spread cinders to adjoining buildings and maybe cause them to burn down. Heated shot would require mobile furnaces or crude brick field kilns. Have defender bucket brigades if and only water is handy to the base.

4. Sappers who can do basic earthworks would be a good feature. The ability to make pontoon or other temporary bridges would be a good feature.

5. Defenders need to be able to fight from battlements with ranged weapons (top of defensive stone walls etc.) and attackers need to be able to use escalade (ladders) as a form of assault. Sappers also need to be be able to trench, tunnel under walls and blow them with gunpowder. For defenders crude mining of breaches and rubble with explosives should be possible.

6. Buildings should be able to be garrisoned. Log cabins and other buildings should provide no firepower unless troops are actually inside. (Unlike log cabins in C1).

7. Market trading needs to be moderated (nerfed) as it was in OC Mod. It should always be best to gather a resource directly rather than trade for it. Trading for resources should be a second best and more costly option. In particular, reverse trading to create artificially good trades MUST NOT be possible.

8. I would keep at least 6 resources as we had in C1. I would even be happy to see 8 resources as in Food, Wood, Stone, Coal, Iron, Lead, Gold, Saltpeter.

9. Since realistic ball and shot physics are mentioned, we would want to see realistic effects from enfilade fire (more effective) and realistic tactics like reverse slope tactics being possible.
(On the reverse slope your troops are sheltered from direct fire (muskets and cannon) but not from arcing / plunging fire like howitzers.)

10. A different implementation of sight range would be good. Ensure that buildings only confer a short sight range and that walls and fences essentially confer no sight range at all. Cannon towers, watch towers and walls would confer sight range if stocked with troops or lookouts. Troops of course confer sight range.

11. Initially require micro-ing of resource gathering but later allow upgrade for getting foremen who will ensure peasants are not idle. Also, allow general quatermaster orders for foreman such as "gather 10% more wood, gather 10% less stone" and foremen will organise this as close as feasible for player. Consider requirement for stocking and then cartage of building materials. This would mean a bunch of peasants cannot go to a new site and build by "pulling wood and stone out of their pockets".

12. Navy requires careful implementation and probably nerfing compared to C1. On the other hand adding in gunboats for rivers would be good plus keep troop transports and allow full formations to enter and exit them. Make draft requirements more exacting so ships cannot go up small rivers and in small lakes etc.

I could go on but I better end it there. Cheers.

kirjasbeltranDate: Wednesday, 15/July/2015, 5:41 PM | Message # 54
Viscount
Ftoomsh,

I do agree with sappers or any related units having the ability to build or rebuild destroyed bridges.. Bridges can be destroyed first in order to deter AI players from attacking the human player.. This element is similar to C&C RA 2/Yuri wherein bridges can be destroyed to prevent AI players from sending land based units to attack the human player, though in RA2/yuri, the human player is unsafe from aircraft, airborne units or units with the ability to hover over water(IE robot tanks) or even superweapons. If the ability to destroy and rebuild bridges is available in cossacks 3, human player is totally safe from attacks from AI opponents, unless the map has a shallow part where it is still possible for cavalry and infantry units to pass through that part to breach the player's base..

Other possible suggestions... every single unit has the ability to organize themselves into formations, including units that originally cannot organize themselves into formations, even including the mercenary units that are recruited from the diplomatic centre, except for the mercenary grenadier. what I do want to know though is how can more than one formation organize themselves into another formation

Next wishlist... cossacks 4.

Added (19/June/2015, 6:49 AM)
---------------------------------------------
suggestions for the units.. based on some of the units used by the same eight default nations from age of empires 3 that are also playable in cossacks, namely UK/England, Russia, Portugal, Ottomans/Turks, Spain, France, Germany, and the Dutch, since the Cossacks 1 and AOE 3 incarnations of these nations used a common unit(for example Strelets are used by both the cossacks 1 and AOE 3 incarnations of the russians). In addition, I would also suggest having cavalry archers for all, if not any of the nations that may be featured in cossacks 3

Units by nation:
Spain-Lancer(Melee Cavalry), Rodelero(Melee infantry)
British-Longbowmen(one of few units capable of destroying buildings)
Dutch-Ruyter(Ranged Cavalry)
French-Skirmisher
Russians-Oprichnik
Germans-Uhlan(Melee Cavalry), Doppelsoldner(Two-Handed Swordsmen),
Portugal-Cassador(Ranged Unit)
Turks-Abus Gun(Ranged and Siege Infantry, Capable of Damaging and Destroying Buildings), Spahi(Melee Cavalry)

Added (19/June/2015, 7:13 AM)
Skirmish Mode options:

in seleting a faction as a choice of playable and as AI opponents, a single faction cannot be chosen twice, for example, human player wants to play as the spanish, this nation cannot be chosen as an AI opponent, nor can the player fight against two different AI opponents, both as the spanish or even any other faction. another element taken from AOE 3

Added (15/July/2015, 5:41 PM)
How about additional commander units in cossacks 3, such as the trumpeter, flutist, and the british-exclusive bagpiper?

delihuseyinDate: Sunday, 11/October/2015, 4:24 AM | Message # 55
Noblemen
walls, fortifications ,maybe tunnels, engineers,so siege trenches. ammunition packs to the front
one of the better thing with cossacks was its nice historicall buildings.  As a Turkish fun I dont wanna see desert sand building on desert texture again please. Turkey is not a desert civilization. biggrin or will they add Turkey to the game  really??

DaddioDate: Monday, 12/October/2015, 3:07 PM | Message # 56
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
A very good point.

Do you have any pictures you could share that depict the buildings you would like to see?

Daddio

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

delihuseyinDate: Friday, 06/November/2015, 0:39 AM | Message # 57
Noblemen

its selimiye barracks. it was built for Nizam-ı Cedid corps late 18th century. it has been used as a hospital for British Troops during the Crimean war

Kilitbahir Stronghold. lt was built in 15th century and used for a long period.  lt was still in use during Gallipoli war

it was called Bab-ı Ali (Noble Porte or Grand Porte . l can say its main Government Centre of the empire

Navy Barracks it was built(or reconstruct) in 18'th century
Attachments: 9269414.jpg (180.4 Kb) · 7935664.png (570.8 Kb) · 7967549.jpg (54.0 Kb) · 1171515.jpg (38.0 Kb) · 0635691.jpg (248.2 Kb)

Message edited by delihuseyin - Friday, 06/November/2015, 1:01 AM

delihuseyinDate: Friday, 06/November/2015, 1:17 AM | Message # 58
Noblemen

Tersane-i Amire. A dockyard or shipbuildingyard. lt was built in 15th century. it has been repeired and reconstructed so many times

Sokollu Mehmet Paşa Medresesi. it was a educational institution (was built in 16th century)

Tophane-i Amire. its Cannon Foundry it was built in 15th century. it was reconstructed again in  1743
Attachments: 9005314.jpg (175.6 Kb) · 8383644.jpg (784.5 Kb) · 9697816.jpg (180.5 Kb) · 0460227.jpg (374.5 Kb) · 4590022.jpg (216.0 Kb)

DaddioDate: Monday, 09/November/2015, 5:18 PM | Message # 59
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Great examples.

But at this point I think the buildings have already been set. And I think they will a copy of the buildings in the original C1 BTW.

But you have a very good point. Possibly we could see some updates in future mods, or updates from the developers.

Daddio

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

adrianj30Date: Monday, 03/October/2016, 11:56 PM | Message # 60
Esquire
17th and 18th century flag bearers for every nation like in American Conquest for an example :- St George's flag for 17th century England recruited from the 17th century barracks and then the 1707 Union Flag for 18th Century England that can be recruited in 18th century barracks. If possible then mounted bearers would be a nice addition after all this is 2016 I don't see any reason why there aren't the historical flag bearers even American Conquest and Cossacks II series didn't make that mistake just keep up the great work guys thanks for releasing this game for us.

Forum » Cossacks III » GamePlay » Cossacks III wishlist (Discussion underCossacks fans wishlist for C III)
Search: