[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks III » GamePlay » Cossacks 3 is out (Disscusion)
Cossacks 3 is out
MarshalDate: Friday, 19/June/2015, 4:26 AM | Message # 51
Count
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Quote domCossack ()
Regimental flag could do the job of identifying the unit type for when you're zoomed out without getting too confused of what is what. I don't think it necessarily needs to have a bearer (perhaps just an icon over it, like in some TW), but that would be cool, for sure.
I'm just suggesting this because I like realism and I don't like the TW system.  Also I want to get rid of player colors and use the Mark 1 Eyeball to make things more challenging and dynamic.  But really just having the two bearers would be awesome to me and a dream come true.

Me

1st Prince de Wagram, 1st Duc de Valangin, 1st Sovereign Prince de Neuchatel, Marshal of France, Marshal Louis Alexandre Berthier

NowyDate: Monday, 22/June/2015, 7:01 AM | Message # 52
Marquis
Awards: 1
Hmm I could accept fluit sounds and different drumms sounds, but what for add more figurines for fluit man or second flag bearer when they were not used by all nations at that period.

These features can not make the game more challenging or dynamic.
These features are too detailed for this scale of the game.
So, they are not necessary there.

MarshalDate: Monday, 22/June/2015, 9:11 PM | Message # 53
Count
On the contrary, the use of the flute increases moral and is something the officers looked to to sound orders in the heat of battle.  In-game they can increase moral and have and extra affect such as better melee or something.  The use of more standard bearers also had a similar affect.

1st Prince de Wagram, 1st Duc de Valangin, 1st Sovereign Prince de Neuchatel, Marshal of France, Marshal Louis Alexandre Berthier

kirjasbeltranDate: Thursday, 02/July/2015, 5:19 PM | Message # 54
Viscount
How about for a change, officer, standard bearer, drummer, trumpeter and the fife player be recruited as a five-person team ala company of heroes, is that possible? or they have to be recruited individually and all five must be present to organize a formation. I also cannot help but wonder why in cossacks 2, the officer, standard bearer and drummer can organize formations individually, and does not require the close proximty of each other. Any historical accuracy or inaccuracy to that?

Added (02/July/2015, 5:19 PM)
---------------------------------------------
A much better commander unit set could consist of the Officer, Standard Bearer, Drummer, Trumpeter and Flute Player. If playing as the British, we can have the Bagpiper and should be unique only to that faction.. 

Formations: In cossacks 1 and american conquest(european nations only),  officer and drummer(except for the 18th century version of the english that uses a bagpiper) must be present alongside each other to organize a formation of up to 196 infantry, while in cossacks 2, regardless of whether officer, drummer and standard bearer are all present, or only 2/3 of them are present but not the other, or otherwise individually and the other two are not present(the only exception is if playing as the egyptians wherein they only have the officer and drummer, wherein it does not matter if one or both of them are present), or otherwise, none of them are present(the only exceptions being the egyptian archers and spanish militia due to them being the only units who can organize formations on their own), they can all organize a formation of 120 men.. For a change, which I find better, a formation can be organized in a bigger one provided that officer, drummer, standard bearer, trumpeter and flute player(plus bagpiper if playing as the british in the new version of cossacks 3 and as well as cossacks 4) are all present, and formations cannot be organized if one of them has yet to be recruited. the officer is the only unit that is capable of organizing a formation.. since I mentioned that all commander units should be present, what I could suggest is that they will follow a 1:100 ratio wherein a single officer, standard bearer, drummer, trumpeter and flute player will lead a 100 man batallion, except that they cannot organize formations on their own. it would be nice if all 5 are present, then a formation of 500 men will be organized, or if playing as the british, 6 with the inclusion of the bagpiper, so there will be a 600 man battalion of infantry.. for the cavalry, we can have a ratio of at least 1:50, so the cavalry batallion can be 1/2 of the amount of infantry units. It is also possible to have units that organizes formations on their own without the presence of the officer, drummer, standard bearer, trumpeter and flute player, provided that they will follow the required number of infantry units, depending on who among the officer, drummer, standard bearer, trumpeter and flute player, IE spanish militia will organize themselves if there are already 360 of them,  similar to how you can organize a formation of 120 infantry units if an individual officer is present

Forum » Cossacks III » GamePlay » Cossacks 3 is out (Disscusion)
Search: