[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » GamePlay » Problem With cannons ............!?
Problem With cannons ............!?
JMDate: Tuesday, 07/February/2012, 8:43 PM | Message # 31
Baron
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Okay, not a problem, so I need the patch01.gs1 file in the same folder as all.gsc and not replacing it.

Now, next question. EbelAngel said: Besides the artillery depot MD file you also need to change a line in the cannon . MD, which in this case is PUS.MD

What are the corresponding .MD files for the howitzer, mortar and multibarrelled cannon called?

Also, if I tire of this modification and want to revert back to normal, can I do that just by obliterating the patch01 file? Or do I need to keep an unaltered copy of all.gsc somewhere and replace it back in?

Thank you.

EbelAngelDate: Wednesday, 08/February/2012, 12:29 PM | Message # 32
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Quote (JM)
so I need the patch01.gs1 file in the same folder as all.gsc and not replacing it.

Correct

Quote (JM)
What are the corresponding .MD files for the howitzer, mortar and multibarrelled cannon called?

MOR.MD Howitser
MORBIG.MD Mortar
PSM.MD Multi barrel

If you are unsure about the confusing MD names, look up which is which is in ALL.GSC/TEXT/MDLIST.txt

Quote (JM)
Also, if I tire of this modification and want to revert back to normal, can I do that just by obliterating the patch01 file?

Correct.

Never change ALL.GSC, there is no need to do so, since the patch01.gs1 and or mods01.gs1,... will overwrite whatever is defined in ALL.GSC

JMDate: Thursday, 09/February/2012, 10:23 PM | Message # 33
Baron
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Okay, so I've got the file utility installed and I managed to unpack everything and find all the relevant files. OK so far.

In PUS.MD I found the following lines (and similar for the other artillery):
attack_radius 0 550 2000 - I think this is the range in pixels or whatever unit that it fires a solid shot
det_radius 0 550 10000 - can you explain what this means? Detection radius, I think, in which it is aware of the target?
attack_radius 1 0 550 - I think this is the range in pixels or whatever unit within which it fires grapeshot
det_radius 1 0 550 - correspondoing det-radius thing for the short range
add_attack_radius 0 32 - I don't know what this does; can anyone help?
attack_pause 0 350 - I think this is the recharge time between shots for solid ball, and if I decrease it the rate of fire should go up
attack_pause 1 1400 - I think this is the recharge time between shots for grapeshot, similar to above
search_enemy_radius 550 - don't know what this does. How does it differ from det-Radius?

Can anyone confirm these? I'm hesitant to zip it all up and make the mod file until I'm sure what I'm doing and get all changes sorted out.

Would you prefer that I started another thread and titled it artillery mod variables, or something like that?

Thanks a lot.

Message edited by JM - Friday, 10/February/2012, 4:08 PM

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 13/February/2012, 9:16 AM | Message # 34
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Hi, sorta answered your questions in the other thread you made.
(http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/forum/26-367-1

Just one thing, the first number, eg
ATTACK_RADIUS 0 550 2000 , the 0 refers to the weapon, the lines with 1 refer to the 2nd weapon as defined in WEAPON and WEAPONINDEX.

Forum » Cossacks I » GamePlay » Problem With cannons ............!?
Search: