[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Daddio, Cichor  
Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » GSCUtil - "Invalid or corrupted file!" (can't open GSC or GS1 file with GSCUtil)
GSCUtil - "Invalid or corrupted file!"
ivenendDate: Friday, 21/October/2016, 6:43 AM | Message # 1
Knight
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
I installed the GSCUtil according to the guide on the site, but when I try to open a GSC or GS1 file, a little window appear and it says that "Invalid or corrupted file!"

What's wrong? I have made a poser unit model and want to import it into Cossacks 1 and/or AC, but the first step frustrates me...

Can anybody help?

Message edited by ivenend - Friday, 21/October/2016, 6:44 AM

EbelAngelDate: Friday, 21/October/2016, 7:20 AM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
I replied here:

http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/forum/26-189-4696-16-1477030762

ivenendDate: Friday, 21/October/2016, 8:47 AM | Message # 3
Knight
Quote EbelAngelSorry about the spam protection, but we had quite a few hard learning spammers lately, they left me no choice. Try the 'choose alternate decrypting algorythm : scheme01". Although I think thats for the russian version of the game. Worth a try. I got a feeling it has something to do with the language. What language is your OS in, is that chinese?

Unfortunately selecting scheme01 doesn't help.

Yes, my OS is in Chinese. Is that cause the problem?

P.S please notice that though my OS is in Chinese, my Cossacks/AC is in English. And I having the "Invalid or corrupted file!" issue when I open both GSC/GS1 file from the game itself or from mods.

P.S.2. my OS is Win8

Message edited by ivenend - Friday, 21/October/2016, 8:53 AM

EbelAngelDate: Friday, 21/October/2016, 10:29 AM | Message # 4
Site Administrator
Try this one:

http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/CI/CI_GSC_Viewer.rar

This is the older extracter. You may have more luck with it, i'm not sure, I never really used this one.

ivenendDate: Friday, 21/October/2016, 10:34 AM | Message # 5
Knight
Oh yeah, this one works! Thanks a bunch!

EbelAngelDate: Friday, 21/October/2016, 10:40 AM | Message # 6
Site Administrator
Quote ivenend ()
Oh yeah, this one works! Thanks a bunch!

Cool!

I also have the older generator to go with this, in case you have problems generating 'mod' files with the gsc utility. Just let me know if you need it.

ivenendDate: Monday, 24/October/2016, 4:27 PM | Message # 7
Knight
Hello, EbelAngel (and other modders)!

I just found a tutorial about how to add unit graphic into AC here: http://swordandarrow.ucoz.com/index/megapack/0-17 , which is extremely helpful for me.  smile

May I ask that is importing Poser unit model into C1 similar to importing into AC? Or is there a particular tutorial about adding unit into C1?

P.S. and a silly question, which one is easier? Modding C1 or Modding AC? 
Also, is there any modder still making C1 or AC mod thesedays?

Message edited by ivenend - Monday, 24/October/2016, 4:29 PM

EbelAngelDate: Tuesday, 25/October/2016, 10:25 AM | Message # 8
Site Administrator
Quote ivenend ()
Hello, EbelAngel (and other modders)!I just found a tutorial about how to add unit graphic into AC here: http://swordandarrow.ucoz.com/index/megapack/0-17 , which is extremely helpful for me. smile

May I ask that is importing Poser unit model into C1 similar to importing into AC? Or is there a particular tutorial about adding unit into C1?

P.S. and a silly question, which one is easier? Modding C1 or Modding AC?
Also, is there any modder still making C1 or AC mod thesedays?

Modding C1 and AC are very similar. Perhaps C1 is a little bit easier, AC has a few more options, but hardly 'more difficult'. There's a bit of information about unit/building adding here, although it's more for a building/cloning one.
http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/index/unit_building_modding/0-185

Just ask if you get stuck somewhere.

ivenendDate: Tuesday, 25/October/2016, 11:40 AM | Message # 9
Knight
Thanks, Ebel! Could you please upload the older generator you have mentioned in #6? smile Just in case the GSCUtil doesn't work for me, though I haven't come to the step of packing .GSC yet.

ivenendDate: Tuesday, 25/October/2016, 4:13 PM | Message # 10
Knight
@EbelAngel

I stuck with something.

In the C1 modding.rar, there are the bmps I want to pack it in GP, however, though I choose the cossacks1 palette, I got things like this, the colour is totally wrong(ignore the size, which is because I forget to set 1/4 size):

Also, in the tutorial, the MegaPack is looks like this:

While my megapack looks like this:

EDIT:

actually, when I use the "1" and "2" from the "FOR AC" folder, this is what I see in the GpView(the left one is I chose the first palette in the megapack, the right one is I chose the second palette in the megapack):

when I use the "1" and "2" from the "FOR Cossacks" folder, this is what I see in the GpView(the left one is I chose the first palette in the megapack, the right one is I chose the second palette in the megapack):

And it seems that "FOR AC" or "FOR Cossacks" only affects what I can see in the GpView, it would not affect the result from megapack.

Edit Again:

I solved the problem, this is how I work it out, but perhaps you have better ways?
Attachments: C1_modding.rar (262.4 Kb)

Message edited by ivenend - Wednesday, 26/October/2016, 4:47 AM

Forum » Cossacks I » Modding » GSCUtil - "Invalid or corrupted file!" (can't open GSC or GS1 file with GSCUtil)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: