[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: [hwk]poppen, Ienzo  
Forum » American Conquest » Modding » MY AC modding archive (links to my past mods and files)
MY AC modding archive
ecwp1981Date: Friday, 11/November/2011, 1:10 PM | Message # 1
Esquire
Group: Modders
Awards: 1
Hi there everyone, I am Elvin and I used to be part of the team of modders of AC from back in the very early days with Gex, Phoenix and Buc and has done mods with them on The GameHeaven.

Anyway long story short, I was going through my website yesterday and found that most of the knowledge base and research I put online has been lost either due to the hosting companies shutting down without notifying me or simply non existent. And all that is left are the files and work which I have done over the years with AC modding.

Therefore I have decided to upload my research and work onto a temporary "docking" space I have on my webspace (which isnt AC related)

Some of you might find these familiar such as the Musket and Sword mod by Bucaniere and the Last Samurai Mod by me.

Also with these are several GPs (Graphic Packages) which I have converted over from AOE,AOK,Diablo,Legion,Chariots of War,Spartan.

I have mashed AOE,AOK,Legion and Chariots of War into a single mod called Empires but have not gone round to testing the entire concept. Perhaps someone would like to carry on from where I left off.

I will be on this forum to advise and help with the modding and mechanics of how some stuff work so do feel free to add me on msn or pm or simply reply to this thread smile

Here are the goodies:

The Last Samurai Mod

The Last Samurai Mod is inspired by the Movie of the same name. Having extracted the sprites from Shogun Total War 1, I have managed to incooperate them into AC and you are able to re-enact the feel and scenes from the movie smile

For future referrence, maybe someone would like to update this by porting Shogun total War 2 units over??? wink

Musket and Sword Mod

This mod has been done by Bucaniere back when we were still modding. I have ran it in the past but have forgotten what it is about as I have not touched it since 2005 lol. perhaps someone like to find out?? wink

This Is SPARTA!!!

Well, basically what it says in the title. Persians and Spartans/Greeks GP are packaged in this should anyone want to make a epic battle mod of the 300 vs the millions of persians wink Only the GPs are done. no MDs or NDS done yet wink

The Sin War

This was one of our aspired projects which was to port diablo over to the ACFB engine to recreate the SIN WAR. As usual, only GPs are available. no MDs or NDS developed yet.

Empires Mod

The Empires mod consists of units and buildings from AOE, AOE:ROR, AOK, AOK:expansion, Legion, Chariots of War. It is through this mod that I have learn how to understand what the code in the MDs mean and what they control. This project is about 70% done. If anyone wants, feel free to build upon it and see it to the end smile

I have also converted Rise of Nations' buildings into ACFB format as I think they are nice and worthy of being ported over. I am still looking for the files which I have extracted at the moment and will post these up once I get them.

some screens of the empires mod:

Message edited by ecwp1981 - Friday, 11/November/2011, 1:11 PM

EbelAngelDate: Friday, 11/November/2011, 1:28 PM | Message # 2
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Thanks for your post Elvin.

You forgot to mention the GP Regenerator tool you kindly supplied me. I'v uploaded it to the download section ( http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/load/gp_regenerator/1-1-0-385 )

Thanks again for your time digging up these files from under the dust

E.A.

CichorDate: Wednesday, 16/November/2011, 5:38 PM | Message # 3
Earl
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Thanks a lot ecwp1981! Now, I can rest in peace. smile

What about copyright? Will it be okay if I add something new to for example Musket and Sword Mod?

I apologize for my english.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.kozacy.org/
http://forum.kozacy.org/

ecwp1981Date: Thursday, 17/November/2011, 12:18 PM | Message # 4
Esquire
Yup you are free to use any of the resources as we do not own any rights to the work we have done. most mods are just making use of and improving upon what GSC/CDV has done in the past smile

Just remember to update the credits and that would be fine smile

[hwk]poppenDate: Friday, 18/November/2011, 0:00 AM | Message # 5
The master of Pike and shot
Awards: 2
everytime i download musket and Sword it stops half through and says unexpected end of archive. could u up load it to filefornt or something
\

Non progredi est regredi

CichorDate: Friday, 18/November/2011, 0:27 AM | Message # 6
Earl
Awards: 4
Quote (ecwp1981)
Yup you are free to use any of the resources

Ok. Thanks a lot! biggrin

Quote (|hwk|poppen)
everytime i download musket and Sword it stops half through and says unexpected end of archive. could u up load it to filefornt or something
\

I had same problem, try use one of download accelerators.

I apologize for my english.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.kozacy.org/
http://forum.kozacy.org/

Message edited by Cichor - Friday, 18/November/2011, 0:28 AM

ecwp1981Date: Monday, 21/November/2011, 12:42 PM | Message # 7
Esquire
hmmmm I have passed a copy over to ebel I think she will be hosting it on this site as well as an alternative download site. I might ask her if she will be hosting the files as well.

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 21/November/2011, 1:13 PM | Message # 8
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Last Samurai
This is Sparta
Empire Mod
Musket And Sword
Diablo Characters

TQMDate: Saturday, 03/December/2011, 9:36 PM | Message # 9
Noblemen
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
Hi, what tools do they use to convert other games graphics to GP graphic?

IenzoDate: Monday, 03/December/2012, 10:48 AM | Message # 10
Viscount
Awards: 2
OH GODS I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THESE MODS.

Ebel, I'm afraid your links do not work. However, whatever mercy was left in the universe left the original links of ecwp1981 okay. I'll catalog and screenshot them for the download section and use your updated links at a later time.

Also, Elvin, how does "musket_and_sword_mod_final.rar" work?
files include:
-"setup.isn"
-"data1.cab"
-"data1.hdr"
-"data2.cab" (file manager says this file is broken)

Are these archives? I don't recall where this is used.

Thanks.

Update your Cossacks and American Conquest Icons to a more modern look!
Ditch Windows, use Linux and still use the best RTS game in the world Cossacks!

Forum » American Conquest » Modding » MY AC modding archive (links to my past mods and files)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: