[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks III » GamePlay » Cossacks 3 is out (Disscusion)
Cossacks 3 is out
DaddioDate: Wednesday, 20/May/2015, 0:11 AM | Message # 1
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Well it seems that Cossacks 3 is coming out this year.

http://www.polygon.com/feature....stalker

It seems to be a remake of C1.

The preveiw pictures seem to support this theme as the units look very much like the orginals.

I created this thread for discussions and and impressions.

Perhaps Angel will create a new board relateing to C3 and place this thread there?

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

Message edited by Daddio - Wednesday, 20/May/2015, 0:15 AM

DaddioDate: Wednesday, 20/May/2015, 0:14 AM | Message # 2
Marquis
I was very surprised to see it as a remake of C1.

This seems to be a step backwards. But I am still very excited about the game getting a new lease on life.

Bring on the multi barrels!

I do seem to see roads though in the pictures?

Perhaps it will be a mix of C1, with some C3 features. We can only hope!

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

Message edited by Daddio - Wednesday, 20/May/2015, 0:27 AM

MarshalDate: Wednesday, 20/May/2015, 3:31 AM | Message # 3
Count
Group: Users
Awards: 0
The modding tools mentioned in the Polygon review is what makes this game for me.  I just hope they give a manual along with it as I saw a game were the developers forgot to give a manual lol.

1st Prince de Wagram, 1st Duc de Valangin, 1st Sovereign Prince de Neuchatel, Marshal of France, Marshal Louis Alexandre Berthier

NowyDate: Wednesday, 20/May/2015, 9:51 AM | Message # 4
Marquis
Awards: 1
Good message for weeks. GSC officaly announced their new title Cossacks 3.

Evgeniy Grigorovich in Polygon exclusive intervew said " they decided to do remake of the first Cossacks with all its original gameplay".
We can see few screenshots in GSC site too. It is fine.

However I am not so happy. It looks that they can do the same mistakes again as they did in C1.
They choose too big game timeline XVII-XVIII centuries. This is 200 years with different units, weapons and tactics.
These long eras needs lot of work to achieve good effect.

If they think that they can refresh little bit graphics, slightly improve landscape, implement classic gameplay and call these as new game it is not good. I like classic real time strategy games, but these things which they showed, do not make a new game. Sorry, that looks like new mod.

They announced such features.
Five single player historical campaigns through 200 years, this looks quite funny.
12 nations with 70 types of play units, these mean only 6 units for one nation!
140 historical buildings, that mean only 12 buildings for one nation.
Grandiose battles of up to 10,000 units on the map.
What is this? Clone units and buildings again?
Will these things spoil the fun again?

When I see these screnshots on GSC official site, that looks like old bad things.
They refreshed old buildings, add some new graphic elements, but these are not fine.

We can see all these old mistakes.
Crop plant inside the town with windmill in the centre.
Church and other few buildings bigger than crop plant. Village houses close to town centre.
Then refreshed buildings allow create incorrect town, villages and fortifications etc.
Horrible Megalopolis with chaotic buildings and individual towres will be possible again.

We can see crazy multi barrels and cannons with only one gunner.
Ten years old C 2 had much prettier cannons with four artillerymen.
We can see old style infantry squads with 15, 36, 72, 120 and 196 men. C 2 had simpler formations.
Stupidly build towns buildings and crop plant. C 2 had prettier buildings, however too big and too detailed.

They of course improved few things in C 3. For instance.
Prepared nicer landscape, various trees, better ground elevations etc.
Implemented cavalry squads. Now famous Polsih winged hussars can stay in formation.
Add few mounted officers. Hopefully there will be mounted Generals and their Adjutants.
Add supply two wheel carts and four wheel wagons. However I don't know why these vehicles are drawn by pack horses.
Maybe these are early units.

I wonder is it really hard implenet some new indeas?  For instance.

Town Centre as complex buildings, town hall and few town houses build together.
Village with windmill close to bigger crop plants. Few buildings for animal husbandry.
More types of units, more Generals in few ranks and their Adjutants. Better formations.

New game should include:
Correctly build towns, villages and fortifications.
Various crop plants, animal husbandry as main food production outside of the towns.
Complex Army organization, realistic battle tactics. Morale, fatigues and road system.
Formations with officer, flag bearer, drummer or trumpeter and eventually Generals and Adjutants.
Order of battle and properly recreated combats are must.

Infantry squads would be better with 12, 72 and 120 men. They can represent company, battalion and regiment.
Higher level or groups of formations needs Generals in few ranks and their Adjutants, then Brigades, Division and Army Corps
could be possible in the game.

Only graphic improvements are not enough for new RTS game.

Do not think that I criticise them too much. I like Cossacks and want to see new good game.
So, could be their adviser or beta tester.

Message edited by Nowy - Wednesday, 20/May/2015, 10:45 AM

BargergoDate: Wednesday, 20/May/2015, 3:27 PM | Message # 5
Noblemen
Nowy
There is a sub-forum on the Cossacks 3 for suggestions: http://www.cossacks3.com/forum/index.php?forums/suggestions.7/
I think you should post there, so that the devlopers can see your suggestions.

Message edited by Bargergo - Wednesday, 20/May/2015, 3:28 PM

MarshalDate: Wednesday, 20/May/2015, 4:30 PM | Message # 6
Count
Ok, I understand all that you are saying Nowy and I agree with you 100%.  There is one feature that in my opinion makes up for all this, "Most importantly, full mod support will be baked in at launch. Grigorovich says the plan is to distribute Cossacks 3 with an editor, one that includes the same in-house tools the team used to build the game. They’ll be powerful enough, he said, to practically rebuild the game from scratch.
"We will give modders lots of simple mechanisms to tweak the game, add new content, redesign interface, AI, change balance and gameplay or even make a completely new game with goblins and orcs.
"We will support popular mods, as well as give them official status and provide mod makers with help, making their work better and smoother
."  He also said, "At some point after release, the team plans to support a total of 20 unique nations, and increase the unit count beyond 8,000 — the number originally supported by the first Cossacks at release".  I think that in making the game wide open to would be modders will allow us to make the game the way we want it to be.  We will have to work but now at least we have a game that the devs give full mod support to and a game that works with modern OSs.

Just my pair (cents).

Me

1st Prince de Wagram, 1st Duc de Valangin, 1st Sovereign Prince de Neuchatel, Marshal of France, Marshal Louis Alexandre Berthier

DaddioDate: Wednesday, 20/May/2015, 10:54 PM | Message # 7
Marquis
Lets not complain about a game we haven't even seen yet?

I would be disappointed in a C1 game with just better graphics as well. But We do not know that this is the case yet.

We have been asking for this for many years, Lets give it a chance, make suggestions, and see what happens.

If you don't want to buy it then don't.

Good gaming all,

Daddio

NowyDate: Thursday, 21/May/2015, 8:05 AM | Message # 8
Marquis
Awards: 1
I am not complain about the game which I have not seen yet.

Only expressed my feelings about this situation which we can see.

GSC informed that they get back and work under new game in December last year. Then was long silence.
We did not know what a game they will realise. However Cossacks fans believed that it could be next Cossacks 3 RTS game.

Then GSC team cast next information, short interview in Polygon and few screenshots after five month. That's all what they showed for community. That's was clear poor marketing in this case. Worse that it looks that they can make the same mistakes as they did in C1 game. These few screenshot evidently showed these things which I pointed here in my post.

So, that was not complain about the game. That was anxiety that they could make old mistakes.
As you can see I was right, they can make old mistakes again. Hopefully they will not do these mistakes in realised game.

I am old Cossacks fan which wish them luck and want to buy next Cossacks RTS game. That's why I started Cossacks 3 wish list.
They shoud know what Cossacks community think about their future game. They should know what customers want to buy.
It also could help them avoid simple mistakes. If we will only waiting for next Cossakcs game, they can realise next game with slightly improved graphic and some other elements and these things do not look good.

Great sentiment for C 1 or C 2 is not enough to buy new game. People can buy many video games.
New Cossacks RTS is well come. However GSC team should not do these old mistakes which we can see in their screenshots.

Message edited by Nowy - Thursday, 21/May/2015, 8:09 AM

MarshalDate: Thursday, 21/May/2015, 2:12 PM | Message # 9
Count
Maybe they should have made a new American Conquest instead, that would have shown a different approach.  I think.

aiidiiDate: Thursday, 21/May/2015, 10:58 PM | Message # 10
Count
Group: Checked
Awards: 3
Never in a million years would I think to one day agree with Nowy. Live and learn.

Will still give it a try of course. "Ahoy, mateys!"

I drink, therefore I am.

Forum » Cossacks III » GamePlay » Cossacks 3 is out (Disscusion)
Search: