[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks III » GamePlay » Cossacks 3 is out (Disscusion)
Cossacks 3 is out
NowyDate: Monday, 25/May/2015, 8:22 AM | Message # 21
Marquis
Group: Users
Awards: 1
Quote "MR BUCI"
Nowy has pasimistic point of view. If GSC plan to release C3 in this year, that means they have huge work done and they are finishing their works.

I think that it wont be just C1 with remaked uniforms and building. I expect another gameplay, tactical battles as in C2, map variations as in C1, good balance between Infantry, Cavalry and artilery.

I would like to see Generals and marshals on the battlefield which gave bonuses with their presence, but this wont be very complex system, I would like to enjoy from the game and sacrifice some realizm.

This is because I lost illusions that they include some interesting features which exist in C2 game. Morale, fatigue and experience systems in C 3 probably will not at start. That mean blobbing mobs marching accros the maps to the enemy base, stuipidly fighting, even to the last man. Never get tired, waver, panic or runaway. Simple robot clones not a human behaviours.
This is not optimistic.

I expect another gamplay, tactical battles, squads combats, morale, fatigues, experience as in C2. I want to see big, regional maps, good balance between nations and units. I wish to see Generals in few ranks and their Adjutants which give bonuses with their presence and can represent better order of battle and better Army organization.

I want well organized squad combats and ships formations too.

I'm waiting for their trailers, I think they'll appear soon and afterwards renew our discussions  

Trailers and more screenshots are necessary.

Their marketing works very slowly. We have not seen any traillers yet.
Do they plan give more information for customers about their new game at last moment?
There are only few month to realise date.

Message edited by Nowy - Monday, 25/May/2015, 8:27 AM

MR_BUCIDate: Monday, 25/May/2015, 8:35 AM | Message # 22
Knight
Awards: 0
I see that Cossacks Fan Empire is rising again : )))

By the way, I remember that here was a guy from GSC, he asked us to like facebook page. Where is he, what can he say more about C3?

Added (25/May/2015, 8:35 AM)
---------------------------------------------
As for me, C2 was much attractive for me then C1, besides the shortcomings of C2 (few maps, few nations, absence of naval combats, few unit types)
In C1 war room there was hell, guys who played without cannons, walls, towers, only gathering huge crowded army and the battle ended in 10 minutes. Such type of game was C1 's monster son : ))))

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5fhMp3vQAjxUqY27WD3Tyg

NowyDate: Monday, 25/May/2015, 9:59 AM | Message # 23
Marquis
Quote "MR BUCI"
As for me, C2 was much attractive for me then C1, besides the shortcomings of C2 (few maps, few nations, absence of naval combats, few unit types)
In C1 war room there was hell, guys who played without cannons, walls, towers, only gathering huge crowded army and the battle ended in 10 minutes. Such type of game was C1 's monster son : ))))

Exactly!

That's why I prefer C2 than C1.

Wish to see some fine realistic features from C2 in new C3 game.

MR_BUCIDate: Monday, 25/May/2015, 10:22 AM | Message # 24
Knight
Perhaps you have not seen this screenshot yet
Attachments: 3655388.jpg (214.8 Kb)

NowyDate: Monday, 25/May/2015, 1:22 PM | Message # 25
Marquis
I have not seen this. That looks fine. Where do you get it?

It looks that fortified towns and roads could be in the game. However towers stiil are not in walls.

aiidiiDate: Monday, 25/May/2015, 3:09 PM | Message # 26
Count
Group: Checked
Awards: 3
All this talk from the developers about players modding the game and worthy mods being later included to the main game sounds like cost cutting.

Have they said anything how much will they pay for good mods?

I drink, therefore I am.

MR_BUCIDate: Monday, 25/May/2015, 4:14 PM | Message # 27
Knight
Here is the article, If you know russian

There's nothing promising about C2, C3 will be the remake of C1, they'll ignore Battle for europe mode too

DaddioDate: Monday, 25/May/2015, 4:18 PM | Message # 28
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
I am amazed that anything is even coming out of Ukraine at this time. A very unstable part of the world over there.

I just wish them all the luck in the world in even getting it out.

But looking at a similar post in Russian, the moderator is stating that all of the tools available to C2 developers will be included in the game.

Surlly someone will come forward with a decent mod?

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

MarshalDate: Monday, 25/May/2015, 5:19 PM | Message # 29
Count
Here is a post made by an admin from their forum, "We will do our best. C3 will be longterm fun game.

Game release, will be just a start."

So the game will be in development even after release.  I have some faith as I read more.

1st Prince de Wagram, 1st Duc de Valangin, 1st Sovereign Prince de Neuchatel, Marshal of France, Marshal Louis Alexandre Berthier

NowyDate: Tuesday, 26/May/2015, 10:05 AM | Message # 30
Marquis
Quote "aiidii"
All this talk from the developers about players modding the game and worthy mods being later included to the main game sounds like cost cutting.

Have they said anything how much will they pay for good mods?

I like your sarcastic humor, but I am more pessimistic in this case. We can not expect that they will pay for mods. wink

Worse that it looks that they rush their work. Improved some graphic elements, added few things and try call this is new game.
Lets customers do the mods themselves. They of course offer support, but I remembber C I and C II cases. There also were suggestions about modding. However their support was short at that times.

Hard to believe that they change their attitude to their customers or modders, especially when Ukraine is unstable part of the world over there. Daddido is right it is amazing that they try devlop the game at that time.

I wish them luck and give a chance.
However they should take into account players wishes and suggestions whcih could help them avoid their old mistakes.

Added (26/May/2015, 10:05 AM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote "MR BUCI"
Here is the article, If you know russian

There's nothing promising about C2, C3 will be the remake of C1, they'll ignore Battle for europe mode too

I have been read that article. There is nothing new. 

GSC PR Director Valentine Yeltishev cast markeing bla, bla, bla.

* they will do remake of C1 game with new 3 D engine for PC, Linux and Mac
* modern graphic in old gameplay style, simple copy of old C1 game
* they ignore C 2 Battle for Europe Campaign and few other things
* there will 12 nations and later they plan expand to 20 nations
* strange nation balance with few nations without 18th century technologies, but they will very powerful at start wink
* they put focus on tactics, but this speach souds quite strange with proposed nation balance and units behaviours
* grenadier hand grenades will destruct buildings again, then old bad idea will still exist!
* maps will not so big, units can cross all map in 7 minutes 
* five campaigns: France, England, Russia, Ukraine and Prussia
* map generator for random maps similiar to C 1 game
* they offer support for mods

Strange thing in the end. On GSC official site they annonced maps avaiablle for 10,000 units, but in this article they say that their engine allow player include 8,000 soldiers and 3 X 8,000 for three players. Probably 20,0000 could fight without troubles.
Where are true numbers I do not know.

They also show 4 screenshots known from GSC officail site, however with better quality.

That article only support my anxiety.

Message edited by Nowy - Tuesday, 26/May/2015, 8:25 AM

Forum » Cossacks III » GamePlay » Cossacks 3 is out (Disscusion)
Search: