[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: EbelAngel  
Forum » General Talk » General Chat » Next Cossacks game based on Napoleonic Wars.
Next Cossacks game based on Napoleonic Wars.
NowyDate: Saturday, 23/October/2010, 10:07 PM | Message # 1
Marquis
Group: Users
Awards: 1
Former developer and publisher have not informed too much about new Cossacks games.

GSC have not declared that they will develop next Napoleonic Cossacks game in near future. They have not found publisher which could publishing this kind of game. What is more they was intent on doing STALKER 2 game.

CDV USA is actively seeking new titles to add to their 2011-2012 release schedules, but they have informed nothing about next Cossacks games.

Therefore there is a question is it possible that somebody can develop strategy game based on Napoleonic Wars and could it be new Cossacks game or next add-on for C2 BfE?

CichorDate: Saturday, 23/October/2010, 10:27 PM | Message # 2
Earl
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Quote (Nowy)
Therefore there is a question is it possible that somebody can develop strategy game based on Napoleonic Wars and could it be new Cossacks game or next add-on for C2 BfE?

Sad reality but nobody will want to realese new addon to game after 4 years. If nobody official wrote about Cossacks 3 remains only be patient and start praying.

I apologize for my english.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.kozacy.org/
http://forum.kozacy.org/

NowyDate: Saturday, 23/October/2010, 10:32 PM | Message # 3
Marquis
Sad but true.

Nevertheless I have got some ideas, suggestions and remarks in that matter, but have not seen any real proposals for game development which could include proper Napoleonic Warfare.

I am certain that there are many Napoleonic fans which still are waiting for good strategy game based on that period.

Realised in this year Napoleon Total War and many fans made modifications to this game have not fulfilled all theirs expectations. Therefore competitors strategy game should be developed in near future.

Could it be Cossacks game?

CichorDate: Sunday, 24/October/2010, 0:22 AM | Message # 4
Earl
Quote (Nowy)
Realised in this year Napoleon Total War and many fans made modifications to this game have not fulfilled all theirs expectations. Therefore competitors strategy game should be developed in near future.

Could it be Cossacks game?

No, it couldn't. Because Cossacks series (and relatives) were and are only for fun, never for people whom love realism. Because Cossacks 1 was "unofficial" continuation of Age of Empire series.

You forgotten about mass of people who want to see sequel of Cossacks 1 not C2. :P

NowyDate: Sunday, 24/October/2010, 1:05 PM | Message # 5
Marquis
That is bad and it was big mistake that Cossacks series (and relatives) games were so unrealistic.

I think that more realistic games have more fun. Never accept these crazy masses and killings which were core in C1 gameplay.
It is total unrealistic and really can not understand how people can find more fun there. Fast killlings, crowded masses which can fight like robots to the last unit are too childish.

Small kids sometime have fun when they kill all their toy soldiers, but real commander never kills too many people for fun. He usually take care of their soldiers, because it is importand for morale, and morale is main factor in battles and wars.

Therefore C2 is better game than C1. It is not perfect of course, nevertheless it include some kind of morale, fatigue and stamina effects. It is much modern game and have many different units which fight in formations. The roads and villages ideas are interesting too.

If C2 could be once more realistic, have implemented better tactic, historically accurate units, proper casualties ratio and balance, well prepered maps and real historically based campaings then it can be much better and have more customers and players.

Napoleonic period gave many opportunities for big battles, great campaigns and wars which could be testd even in computer strategy games.
Napoleonic warfare, wonderful uniforms, famous units and formatnions could have more fun than these crazy, unrealistic killings.

Therefore I prefer this period and more realistic strategy game, and even this based on C2, will be wellcome.

[hwk]poppenDate: Sunday, 24/October/2010, 7:43 PM | Message # 6
The master of Pike and shot
Awards: 2
well the only way to fix what you sad wasnt that great. is wrong. is to mod it. witch is what i tryed with c2, and it didnt go so welll. but with better models anamations and textures. in my mod. i believe my newest mod in ACFB will make it the most realistic mod right up there with the napolionic mod for FB

Non progredi est regredi

OC_DavoutDate: Sunday, 24/October/2010, 8:27 PM | Message # 7
Knight
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
Quote (|hwk|poppen)
well the only way to fix what you sad wasnt that great. is wrong. is to mod it. witch is what i tryed with c2, and it didnt go so welll. but with better models anamations and textures. in my mod. i believe my newest mod in ACFB will make it the most realistic mod right up there with the napolionic mod for FB

What are the was the reasoin why you dropped C2?

Other than map size I see absolutely no reason to drop C2 for AC or C1.

[hwk]poppenDate: Sunday, 24/October/2010, 9:33 PM | Message # 8
well. for one the lag, and the way no matter what way i packed it. when u select units. its just ugly. map size. couldn't ever figure out the auto fire thing. and another for the fact i can run AC with 15000 troops. no lag. i get lag with 400 to 600 troops in 2. and i have a very limited HD. i got a 60 gig. and tga files for new units take up about 5 gig. when BMP files only take up about 1. Cossacks 2 is a great game. dont get me wrong. its just FB is easyer on me. and the people helping me.

Non progredi est regredi

CichorDate: Monday, 25/October/2010, 1:01 AM | Message # 9
Earl
Quote (|hwk|poppen)
well. for one the lag, and the way no matter what way i packed it. when u select units. its just ugly. map size. couldn't ever figure out the auto fire thing. and another for the fact i can run AC with 15000 troops. no lag. i get lag with 400 to 600 troops in 2. and i have a very limited HD.

Nothing more, nothing less. I agree with you.

[hwk]poppenDate: Monday, 25/October/2010, 3:56 AM | Message # 10
thanks. i mean we all have our opinion. c2 just isnt then engine built for my kind of mod. battle maps with thousands and thousands of troops ust wont work on c2. love the game. just isnt for my mod

Non progredi est regredi

Forum » General Talk » General Chat » Next Cossacks game based on Napoleonic Wars.
Search: