Forum moderator: EbelAngel  
Forum » General Talk » Site Suggestions & Comments » Strange thing
Strange thing
CichorDate: Saturday, 19/March/2011, 5:58 PM | Message # 11
Earl
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Quote (Nowy)
It is interesting community, but when I made some remarks about HEW mod ACFB patch 4 game, which hwk poppen put on mastersofthefield forum, Gexozoid answered in that way that I can feel that he was not welcoming my remarks. Worse that he had not improved these “small glitches” in his mod. But maybe he is still busy.

Well, I have suggestion for you: start modding. It will be faster. Of course if you really need to fix something.

Quote (Nowy)
As I said before what the matter that few old Cossacks sites cased to exist or are suspended?

I only want to show you how looks polish community and answer: why our coutrymen are here second or third numerous group of visitors. Now is clearly?

Quote (Nowy)
I asked about activity on this site and this forum in the beginning.

I remember about it.

Quote (Nowy)
There were not only questions about solutions. There were many suggestions and remarks how to make and what needs improvements in these rts games. As we can see people like read these threads and it could mean that it is interesting and there are some members which like discuss and read about these things.

Ok, suggestions and remarks but who you think should making patches and mods? In my opinion people interesting that things are only 5%? Max 10% of all community. Rest of them wants only play, play and play without looking at history etc.

Quote (Nowy)
Therefore it will be very welcome to enter here official persons from publisher or developer companies.

Mhm...

Quote (Nowy)
There are few members which are moderators on cdv forum, and it could be interesting to know why any official persons from cdv and GSC didn’t write there something about their Cossacks and AC games. They could make some remarks even to these disputed on this forum players wishes and expectations. It could be interesting and very helpful.

Aha...

Quote (Nowy)
Are these official persons interesting in their games or did they abandon these games, their funs and players? Will they not get back to this fine series games and will not make any improvements there?

Still don't want to understand that they interesting now only steam version of C1? Lack of patches to win7 from them is best evidence.

Next evidence:
http://kozacy.org/cossacks/multiplayer-w-kozacy-2-oficjalne-informacje

"Multiplayer w Kozacy 2 - oficjalne informacje!
czw.
03/10/11

Oto oficjalna informacja w sprawie rejestracji kluczy, niezbędnych dla gry multiplayer - specjalnie dla portalu Kozacy.org, wypowiedział się szef supportu CDV Bill "Von" Smeed.

A więc, jakiś czas temu strona do rejestracji kluczy, mianowicie - www.cossacks2.com/key/english.php - przestała działać. Wywołało to sporą konsternację na scenie Kozaków. Wielu graczy zostało na lodzie, bo posiadając oryginalną, niezarejestrowaną grę... nie mogli grać na głównym serwerze multiplayer!

W końcu, po moich wielu pytaniach, rozmowach z przedstawicielami, uzyskałem ważną informację.
Oto jej treść... (kliknij czytaj dalej na dole)

Hi,
Unfortunately the games developer no longer supports multiplayer for this title, thus the reason the website no longer exists. Enjoy the single player or you can try to set up a LAN game with a friend.
Best,
Bill "Von" Smeed
QA/Community Manager/Tech Support
cdv Software Entertainment USA

Co oznacza tyle - GSC lub CDV (ciężko ustalić do kogo prawnie należała strona cossacks2.com) zrezygnował z rejestracji kluczy. Dlatego stronka zniknęła nagle z sieci. Skutek - nie można rejestrować nowych kluczy w grze multiplayer.
Najprawdopodobniej już nie będzie to dostępne."

In short, site Kozacy.org wrote mail to Bill "Von" Smeed sking about key registering site for C2. His answer is above. Result? If you tomorrow will buy new copy of game then you can only play with AI or try by hamachi, gameranger etc.

I apologize for my english.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.kozacy.org/
http://forum.kozacy.org/

Message edited by Cichor - Saturday, 19/March/2011, 6:12 PM

NowyDate: Saturday, 19/March/2011, 11:28 PM | Message # 12
Marquis
Group: Users
Awards: 1
Quote (”Cichor”)
Well, I have suggestion for you: start modding. It will be faster. Of course if you really need to fix something.

Don’t you know my opinion about modding?
I would like perfection work and have got so many ideas, suggestions and needs to improvements, therefore professional men are necessary there.

Quote (”Cichor”)
Ok, suggestions and remarks but who you think should making patches and mods?

The best for making patches and mods is professional team.

Quote (”Cichor”)
In my opinion people interesting that things are only 5%? Max 10% of all community. Rest of them wants only play, play and play without looking at history etc.

Strange words, where did you find these 5 or 10% ? Have you any investigation about that matter? I think that people in majority would like to play good games, and if they like historical based games, then good game also mean correct and accurate looking at history etc.

Quote (”Cichor”)
Still don't want to understand that they interesting now only steam version of C1? Lack of patches to win7 from them is best evidence.

Oh, they also offer C1 Back to War strategy game via AppUp, a netbook-targeted digital distribution platform developed by Intel.
http://www.gsc-game.com/

But it is only small step in right direction. I still wait for next steps with ACFB and C2. Improved game based on Napoleonic era will be welcome too. Then they could call it as their great success.

I knew that information and it was not so good information. Therefore I suggested to make little rumors about Cossacks games there. GSC and cdv should know that many players like these old games, but have also many ideas and expect improved or new rts games based on horse and musket era.
These companies could prepare something new for their old fun base, this way they can make money too.

Regards
Nowy

CichorDate: Sunday, 20/March/2011, 2:27 AM | Message # 13
Earl
Quote (Nowy)
I would like perfection work and have got so many ideas, suggestions and needs to improvements, therefore professional men are necessary there.

It will rather new game with new engine than mod or patch... Something like mission impossible.

Quote (Nowy)
The best for making patches and mods is professional team.

Hire them.

Quote (Nowy)
Strange words, where did you find these 5 or 10% ? Have you any investigation about that matter?

Where? It is only life and result of my observations. I'm sure that most of them want only to have fun without thinking about uniforms details, sounds of muskets, names of units or how should look tercio, etc. Try they skills against friends or unknowns people. Fun, fun and fun! Simple way to relax!

Quote (Nowy)
I think that people in majority would like to play good games,

Yes, people would like and love to play good games.

Quote (Nowy)
and if they like historical based games, then good game also mean correct and accurate looking at history etc.

"IF", yes, yes. But part of them like only C2 becasue it is diffrent than others RTS game. Another group like historical based game but without that all details, I wrote about it above. They want to see historical countries, units looking like historical. It is enough for them to have fun. Well... and we have small group like people from Masters of fields who love good games based on history. But they are only small group in community. Nothing more.

Quote (Nowy)
Improved game based on Napoleonic era will be welcome too. Then they could call it as their great success.

Don't you think that people have too many napoleonic games to choose. It is risk to realise one more now.

Quote (Nowy)
GSC and cdv should know that many players like these old games, but have also many ideas and expect improved or new rts games based on horse and musket era.

You want to now where to find C1 players ideas and improvements? Look at Mod1 to C1. All changes there including are ideas of players. I afraid that all that ideas concern only at improved multiplayer gameplay. People want to simple game even if it will not be historical. They look at number of health points units than uniforms. Faster they change strenght of attack than models of units.

Quote (Nowy)
These companies could prepare something new for their old fun base, this way they can make money too.

Now it is only dream. To prepare new game they should make new engine etc. find money for ad campaings, payments etc. It is not easy like it looks.

I lost.
What you want from us?
More activity at this site? Writing about ideas for mods (which most of them will never exist because of limits of game engine), about mapping about gameplay tactics, strategies, uniforms or history?
Or maybe you want from us to start massive walkout with letters, petitions etc. until they start working new game?
Or you try to said that you are sad because no one interesting Csx series? You want to express your feelings?

Message edited by Cichor - Sunday, 20/March/2011, 2:34 AM

NowyDate: Sunday, 20/March/2011, 7:04 PM | Message # 14
Marquis
Quote (”Cichor”)
Fun, fun and fun. Simply way to relax!

It is horrible that somebody could have fun and relax with these kind of games where only huge crowds placed in one place stupidly fight to the death of last man and where fast mass killings is typical way to victory.
It is crazy and can not be fun in long term for many people, because simple fast clicking and sending crowded masses only in few directions, which kills every one man on their road soon can be bore. Some hard core players of course still can play this games, but majority abandon them and go to modern games.

Therefore I prefer proper historical tactic, realistic combat, casualties ratios, good topographic maps, well chosen units which wore proper uniforms, have good statistic and balance. It can makes more realistic strategy, where player should more think how to win the war game. It can be more interesting and there could be prepared more mods and add-ons too, because more things there can be modable or can get make up, at last during short Napoleonic period were few army reforms and uniforms changed few times too. This way that kind of game can get more satisfaction, better fun and have longer live time.

Quote (”Cichor”)
Don't you think that people have too many napoleonic games to choose. It is risk to realise one more now.

Funny, it is a kind of question like this one – don’t you think that people have too many cars to choose. It is so risky produce one more now. Then why motor cars companies produce many new models every year, isn’t more risky than next computer game? Every company specialized in some kind of products normally try develop something new or even next models because they know that it make progress and gives money. If someone can not take a risk, this one lost money, because he lost his place on a market.

If someone lost market and still lost money then this one soon go into bankruptcy like cdv Germany did. It was sad case, and really hard.

If cdv USA or better say GSC Ukrainian company can not take a risk with next rts Napoleonic game then fine, let they try with next STALKER game. But they must remember that living with one series games will be hard.

Quote (”Cichor”)
People want to simple game even if it will not be historical. They look at number of health points units than uniforms. Faster they change strenght of attack than models of units.

I do not think so. There are many people which like historical based games, however it is hard to find really good historical game. Look at rumours about Total War series games. There were many complains about uniforms and historical accuracy in Empire TW. It was developer’s simple mistake and then they change their treatment and develop much better uniforms for Napoleon TW, however they do not improved few other needed things and this way do not recover all players trust.

Quote (Cichor”)
Now it is only dream. To prepare new game they should make new engine etc. find money for ad campaings, payments etc. It is not easy like it looks.

But it is their job, and interest to develop computer games, and when they take this risk, they should make something more then still develop only the one kind of STALKER games.

It is not enough to grow up basing only on one model products. They also should develop something different, maybe less popular, but more interesting for historical funs which can be loyal customers and that is the best way to make money.

Good business plan always include financing aspects, but in the beginning should show an interesting idea. Then they will can get money. If they will do nothing interesting, they will have not money.

Quote (”Cichor”)
What you want from us?
More activity at this site? Writing about ideas for mods (which most of them will never exist because of limits of game engine), about mapping about gameplay tactics, strategies, uniforms or history?
Or maybe you want from us to start massive walkout with letters, petitions etc. until they start working new game?
Or you try to said that you are sad because no one interesting Csx series? You want to express your feelings?

More activity of course is welcome.
It can help to make some kind of rumours about new game, which will be welcome too.
I am not so sad that some people lost their interest to Csx series, and I do not need to express my feelings about that matter.

Regards
Nowy

CichorDate: Sunday, 20/March/2011, 8:06 PM | Message # 15
Earl
Quote (Nowy)
It is horrible that somebody could have fun and relax with these kind of games where only huge crowds placed in one place stupidly fight to the death of last man and where fast mass killings is typical way to victory.
It is crazy and can not be fun in long term for many people, because simple fast clicking and sending crowded masses only in few directions, which kills every one man on their road soon can be bore. Some hard core players of course still can play this games, but majority abandon them and go to modern games.

For you it is horrible, for him it is only game. Way to "have fun and relax". You should accept it. You can't prohibit that kind of game because of that.
Csx 1, 2, AC are RTS-type games. Similar to Age of Empire or Starcraft where you eliminated masses of enemies to gain victory. In Csx was first game where you can recruit more then 400 soldiers, 8000! Giant number, twenty times more. In AoW limit change to 16000 and it is one of virtue game. People loved to make numerous armies and send them at enemies. It is that type of game and only new engine and gameplay maybe change it.

Quote (Nowy)
Therefore I prefer proper historical tactic, realistic combat, casualties ratios, good topographic maps, well chosen units which wore proper uniforms, have good statistic and balance. It can makes more realistic strategy, where player should more think how to win the war game. It can be more interesting and there could be prepared more mods and add-ons too, because more things there can be modable or can get make up, at last during short Napoleonic period were few army reforms and uniforms changed few times too. This way that kind of game can get more satisfaction, better fun and have longer live time.

It is what you want from developers. But you and people like you are small group. Developers want to earn money, small group of people never give them earn enough.
Today games are for masses, masses wants entertainment, entertainment it is synonym of simple gameplay. Masses give developers chance to earn money.

Quote (Nowy)
I do not think so. There are many people which like historical based games, however it is hard to find really good historical game. Look at rumours about Total War series games. There were many complains about uniforms and historical accuracy in Empire TW. It was developer’s simple mistake and then they change their treatment and develop much better uniforms for Napoleon TW, however they do not improved few other needed things and this way do not recover all players trust.

Total war series... I always thought that Tw series are then good when you play with mods.
Uniforms in Napoleon are better than Empire? In my opinion it was not simple mistake of developers. Empire is nearly 100 years (uniforms changing in time, right?), many countries and units. They never try to do ideal uniforms but similar. In Napoleon they don't have other choice than to do it right. In other case they will realised poor game.

NowyDate: Monday, 21/March/2011, 0:14 AM | Message # 16
Marquis
Quote (”Cichor”)
For you it is horrible, for him it is only game. Way to "have fun and relax". You should accept it. You can't prohibit that kind of game because of that.

I do not accept so simple and poor minded games, however never want to prohibit that kind of games. I only said that it is horrible, however there are some hard core men which still play it.
Csx games have many interesting things therefore I exploit them and try add something more which can make them more realistic and fun.

Quote (”Cichor”)
It is what you want from developers. But you and people like you are small group. Developers want to earn money, small group of people never give them earn enough.

How did you count this small group. I could say that it can be quite big group. Maybe it is more men than these old hard core players. Look how many replies and views on this forum had my thread about questions, suggestions and remarks to C2. It is much more than any threads about core game play had. Nevertheless let developer makes better marketing research, then they will know true numbers.

Quote (”Cichor”)
Today games are for masses, masses wants entertainment, entertainment it is synonym of simple gameplay. Masses give developers chance to earn money.

Excuse me it is noting personal, but your point sounds like communist speech. They always saw masses therefore they lost at last. I think that even individual man can be more important than masses, because men could be good customers and masses can be nothing else than many zero numbers. Therefore capitalists look even for one’s needs and try satisfy every possible demands of course they do it because they want to earn money.

This way communists produced simple cars for masses as like DDR Trabant and capitalists produced cars even for individual man demand as like Mercedes. Guess who won that marketing competition, who produced more cars, had more customers and earned money?

Computer games developers also should look at men’s demands then they can earn real money. These games not always must be as you said “for masses”. Sometime it is better sell less numbers of good games, than more numbers of poor games, because this last one can be short living and other companies soon can develop many similar games. Many different, but interesting products can be better profitable than simple, but poor product.

Quote (”Cichor”)
Uniforms in Napoleon are better than Empire? In my opinion it was not simple mistake of developers. Empire is nearly 100 years (uniforms changing in time, right?), many countries and units. They never try to do ideal uniforms but similar. In Napoleon they don't have other choice than to do it right. In other case they will realised poor game.

Then why Csx developers did not do it right, did they want to realise poor game?

I do not need ideal uniforms, but during 18 and 19 centuries uniforms changed many times, and were not so similar. Empire TW developers could better choose units and uniforms, but they spoiled many things there. Remember their polish winged hussars, or light and line infantry similar for every West European factions, etc? It was their simple mistakes. Nevertheless they get lesson and made units and uniforms much better in Napoleon TW.

Why Csx developers can not do it right? Soon or later they should do it right.

CichorDate: Monday, 21/March/2011, 1:55 AM | Message # 17
Earl
Quote (Nowy)
Look how many replies and views on this forum had my thread about questions, suggestions and remarks to C2. It is much more than any threads about core game play had. Nevertheless let developer makes better marketing research, then they will know true numbers.

It is not argument.
"Questions, suggestions, remarks and wishes to C2 BfE [ 1 2 3 … 6 7 8 ] posts 72 views 1528."
1528 is not big number. Part people are ther few or even several times.

Quote (Nowy)
Excuse me it is noting personal, but your point sounds like communist speech.

If for you my observations are communist speech, I'm sorry but that looks true.

Quote (Nowy)
I think that even individual man can be more important than masses, because men could be good customers and masses can be nothing else than many zero numbers.

It's good that you have that kind point of view. It is rather rarely today.

Quote (Nowy)
Therefore capitalists look even for one’s needs and try satisfy every possible demands of course they do it because they want to earn money.

Developers are capitalists, right?

Quote (Nowy)
Computer games developers also should look at men’s demands then they can earn real money.

Like politicians, they want to do better everyone.

Quote (Nowy)
Then why Csx developers did not do it right, did they want to realise poor game?

Because graphic engine in Csx is to primitive to show all details and simplifications are best way to facilitates work.

[hwk]poppenDate: Monday, 21/March/2011, 3:12 AM | Message # 18
The master of Pike and shot
Awards: 2
well. why dont we just email gsc and ask them? this is a pointless arguement here

Non progredi est regredi

NowyDate: Monday, 21/March/2011, 11:55 AM | Message # 19
Marquis
Quote (”Cichor”)
It is not argument.
"Questions, suggestions, remarks and wishes to C2 BfE [ 1 2 3 … 6 7 8 ] posts 72 views 1528."
1528 is not big number. Part people are ther few or even several times.

But it was much more posts and views than any game play thread had on this forum, of course except tech support questions. And I did not put it as core argument. It was only to show that your pervious statement about small group could be false. Therefore I postulated made better marketing research.
Quote (”Cichor”)
Developers are capitalists, right?

I did not assert that they are or are not, but they could be, and it is clear that they should think about their business in economical aspects. Also as like capitalists do it.

Quote (”Cichor”)
Because graphic engine in Csx is to primitive to show all details and simplifications are best way to facilitates work.

I and many other men do not need all details and total perfection, but basic and characteristic things should be well done. What a pity in many cases it was not well done in Csx games e.g. you can find wrong cut and colors uniforms there, as like this black uniform for Polish Voltigeurs, wrong positioned French Voltigeurs, Chasseurs, Mounted Carabiniers, Spanish Guerillas, Russian Cossacks, Guard units, are only wide, stone bridges, stupid hand grenades, but any fine Generals and Supreme Commanders placed on battlefield etc. I could show more bad things, but these can be enough there. If you need more let read again my mentioned above thread about question, suggestion … to C2.

Why GSC did many things with these simple mistakes like that?
Was it really simplification?
Was it really facilitate work, when they made so many simple and sometime even funny mistakes?
Was it so hard to do these things properly?
I think, that it was not.
Gex and Hawks in HEW mod made better historical research, and can change many things,
however their units and few other things still are not perfect too.

Quote (”hwk poppen”)
well. why dont we just email gsc and ask them? this is a pointless arguement here

You somehow answered yourself.
Didn’t you try ask on gsc forum and what you get in answer?

I sent few emails to gsc official persons long time ago and even get answer, but it was short and little bit frustrating answer.

Maybe they were too busy and now could be better time to ask them again.

CichorDate: Monday, 21/March/2011, 12:21 PM | Message # 20
Earl
Quote (Nowy)
It was only to show that your pervious statement about small group could be false.

But you don't have final evidance?

Quote (Nowy)
Was it really simplification?

From my point of view it is simplification.

Quote (Nowy)
Was it really facilitate work, when they made so many simple and sometime even funny mistakes?

Yes. If you try to facilitate work, then you do it. If you did something wrong, then nobody look at your mistake. Work must go on.

Quote (Nowy)
Was it so hard to do these things properly?

I don't know. But looking at computers games it looks like it is difficult.

Forum » General Talk » Site Suggestions & Comments » Strange thing
Search: