[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: EbelAngel  
Forum » General Talk » Site Suggestions & Comments » Strange thing
Strange thing
NowyDate: Wednesday, 16/March/2011, 10:06 AM | Message # 1
Marquis
Group: Users
Awards: 1
This forum had 3421 members registred and total 242 threads created which had 1709 replies.
Statistically it looks that every second member never replied!

But in reality it is worse and I think that less men wrote there.
If we include that some users were very active and made few replies, it's mean that more members did not type there.

They only register on this site, but do not want to write any remarks about Cossacks or AC games.

Why people do not write there?

Nowy

CichorDate: Wednesday, 16/March/2011, 12:57 PM | Message # 2
Earl
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Why? Because they are here only for patches to Win7 or to modern graphics cards.

Part of them think that their english is too bad to write something. Look at our countrymen, It was my mistake to write one time in polish and they now write usually in polish. Thanks to gods, they writing only in comments, not at forum. They even not try to use dictonary, google translate, please for help friends, family or teachers to write something.

What about rest of them? You should remember that at this site most information are about modding, mapping, how to use tools to it etc. Few % of players looking for that kind hints and tutorials.
Another part of them are "young" players looking rather for tactics for example 5k 0pt than how to add new nation. What can find here people like [-UNION-]Fightera or [BRP]Balin? They could write very interesting things about Cossacks I gameplay but ... But it is not desire of this site.
From the very beginning you can find only informations about modding, mapping and help of still active person who now many things. People writing here of they need help with game or mods, that is all. Look at posts? Something else?
Todays Cossacks community is not united, cossacks.heaven is dead, cdv forum is not good for that kind place. For long time was lack of center of Csx life... In my opinion, true Cossacks life is now around LCN or Rush League. But there are not place for modding or mapping.

In my opinion? I want several posts than 1000 per month. Because most of that 1000 posts will be similar to spam.

Hmm... I wrote about bad english... biggrin If something will be not clearly ask me, then I try to explain what I wanted to say.

I apologize for my english.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.kozacy.org/
http://forum.kozacy.org/

NowyDate: Wednesday, 16/March/2011, 4:46 PM | Message # 3
Marquis
Partly I can agree with you. There are many people which were looking for help in some kind of support questions. There are also these which speak little English and some young players which looking for tactics, and veteran players which can not find something interesting there.

All they have some problems with writing here, but main problem is in interesting questions and information rather than someone’s writing skills and existing threads subjects, however it is important too.

But it does not matter that Cossacks community is not united and few other forums cased to exist. Cossacks life around LCN and other leagues are important only for hard core multi players. It is not so many people I suppose and there are another Cossacks worlds too.

This forum in majority was based on modding, mapping and scenario editing questions, and this is C1 & C2 information site. Therefore we could/should see more information about single and multi players and their wishes or needs for these kind of games.

There are not so many information about game play tactics, historical reality, scenarios and other things which could or should be implemented into the games based on historical periods.

Maybe it will be good put there some investigations about players wishes and expectations. Many members registered there and it could be interesting base to ask them about it.

And what about developers and publishers opinions and declarations about these games?

Occasionally we can find somewhere only short news, but it is still not enough. Maybe administrator and moderators from this site could ask them and write something more?

There more activity are well come to and of course similar to spam things are not well come.

PS
Someone could change links to official cdv C2 NW and BfE forums which are not actual on this site now.

Message edited by Nowy - Wednesday, 16/March/2011, 4:49 PM

CichorDate: Wednesday, 16/March/2011, 6:21 PM | Message # 4
Earl
Quote (Nowy)
Maybe it will be good put there some investigations about players wishes and expectations. Many members registered there and it could be interesting base to ask them about it.

Questionnaire? A long time ago were few.

Quote (Nowy)
And what about developers and publishers opinions and declarations about these games?

Actually they rather looks at Steam version of Cossacks than others.

OssDate: Friday, 18/March/2011, 2:39 AM | Message # 5
Count
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
Cossacks is not really a mainstream game like you see other games and such. There isn't a big fan base as it seems, but there are some pritty dedicated players still around.
Alot of players are polish or russian as cichor clarified, and Im sure they really don't want or interested in translating.

I grew up on playing cossacks as a kid and its in my vains so to speak. Long live Cossacks!!

CichorDate: Friday, 18/March/2011, 11:15 AM | Message # 6
Earl
Quote (Oss)
Cossacks is not really a mainstream game like you see other games and such.

Ten, nine years ago situation was diffrent. Then C1 was one of the better games...

NowyDate: Friday, 18/March/2011, 12:26 PM | Message # 7
Marquis
Quote ("Cichor")
Questionnaire? A long time ago were few.

Hmm, where I can find them because on this forum I found only one pull about [hwk] poppen mod for AC in thread what do you prefer for new models in my mod. Nevertheless key words in your statement was - long time ago.

Quote ("Oss")
Cossacks is not really a mainstream game like you see other games and such. There isn't a big fan base as it seems, but there are some pritty dedicated players still around.
Alot of players are polish or russian as cichor clarified, and Im sure they really don't want or interested in translating.

Cossacks is not mainstream game, but was quite popular, a specially in central and eastern Europe. Therefore we can see some Polish, Rusian or Ukrainian players there too. Nevertheless I can not understand why they come on this site where English language is in use? If they do not want or
interested in translating then what they are doing there? I think that they looking for information, but there is not so many good news and only short discussions, where they can find some interesting things.

Maybe they stand aloof and waiting, because these games needs many improvements and new mods or next game will be wellcome, however it looks that developer and publisher abandon these games and modders can not help too much.

Therefore here should be more discussions about things which could be changed or improved in these games.
It can be more interesting for members which like rts games based on historical periods.

Maybe little rumorous to cdv or GSC should be done too.

Nowy

CichorDate: Friday, 18/March/2011, 6:33 PM | Message # 8
Earl
Quote (Nowy)
Hmm, where I can find them because on this forum I found only one pull about [hwk] poppen mod for AC in thread what do you prefer for new models in my mod. Nevertheless key words in your statement was - long time ago.

Where? Today nowhere. At very beginnig Angel add few in row about what to add (more modding, mapping or informations about existing mods etc.), about new mod to C1, about site design, and 2 or 3 others. That questionnairies were below shoutbox.

Quote (Nowy)
Nevertheless I can not understand why they come on this site where English language is in use?

I don't now how it looks somewhere else but Polish community I know well.
Two greatest sites:
www.kozacy.in4.pl
www.cossacks.sztab.com
are dead. Why? Only few active people, second one with lots of spam. Someone who search for resolve his/her problems never find it because they stopped near 2006/2007. Then problems with todays graphics card or win7 not exist. From polish sites only www.c1c.pl (or rather www.kozacy.org now) offer help and advices. It's only one polish site with possibility to download necessary patches. But... in google this site is on second page after wrote word "Kozacy" (in english mean cossacks) from other hand two sites above are on first googles page.
Well... What next? If I saw two first site are completly waste of time (there was another one at first page but information there was only about C1:EW added 8 years ago! It doesn't matter) I try to find what I need but in english. From all sites about cossacks this one is only one with solutions, patches etc.

Quote (Nowy)
If they do not want or interested in translating then what they are doing there? I think that they looking for information, but there is not so many good news and only short discussions, where they can find some interesting things.

They don't want to read about how to change background in main menu or about greatest Gameshell players. They need only solutions.

Quote (Nowy)
Maybe they stand aloof and waiting, because these games needs many improvements and new mods or next game will be wellcome, however it looks that developer and publisher abandon these games and modders can not help too much.

Abadon... Good word. But they interesting their game - Cossacks. But it looks like only STEAM version. ;/

Quote (Nowy)
Maybe little rumorous to cdv or GSC should be done too.

Like polish nation in Civilization series or please for realise Dungeon Keeper 3?

OssDate: Saturday, 19/March/2011, 3:45 AM | Message # 9
Count
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
Master of the field is pritty active sometimes. They are always welcoming a new face and ready to play a game. They are great!!!

Yeah cossacks was really popular back in the day because it allowed so many units in battle and the nations were so unique.
Its still an awsome game to this day in my opinion and is always in my heart.

I bet if half the people were active in this forum then we would have a very thriving forum, but for the most part forums are mainly about people coming together who enjoy the game, discussing about it, and coming together to mod the game to make it more fun!

I havent seen angel in a while. Maybe shes busy at the Motel.

NowyDate: Saturday, 19/March/2011, 3:25 PM | Message # 10
Marquis
Quote (”Oss”)
Master of the field is pritty active sometimes. They are always welcoming a new face and ready to play a game. They are great!!!

I got mixed feelings about mastersofthefield.com site. It is interesting community, but when I made some remarks about HEW mod ACFB patch 4 game, which hwk poppen put on mastersofthefield forum, Gexozoid answered in that way that I can feel that he was not welcoming my remarks. Worse that he had not improved these “small glitches” in his mod. But maybe he is still busy.

Quote (”Cichor”)
I don't now how it looks somewhere else but Polish community I know well.

As I said before what the matter that few old Cossacks sites cased to exist or are suspended?
I asked about activity on this site and this forum in the beginning.
Quote (”Cichor”)
They don't want to read about how to change background in main menu or about greatest Gameshell players. They need only solutions.

You wrote that “they need only solutions” and this is very disputable suggestion.

I can agree that someone could have some problems with English language or is little bit lazy in translating, but look at threads replies and views on this forum. There are some threads where we can find longer discussions about modding, mapping, historical reality, comparing engines and many needed improvements. Many were quite popular.

There were not only questions about solutions. There were many suggestions and remarks how to make and what needs improvements in these rts games. As we can see people like read these threads and it could mean that it is interesting and there are some members which like discuss and read about these things.

It needs some intellectual skills and participation these men which know something about Cossacks games and those historical periods. Therefore it will be very welcome to enter here official persons from publisher or developer companies.

There are few members which are moderators on cdv forum, and it could be interesting to know why any official persons from cdv and GSC didn’t write there something about their Cossacks and AC games. They could make some remarks even to these disputed on this forum players wishes and expectations. It could be interesting and very helpful.

Are these official persons interesting in their games or did they abandon these games, their funs and players? Will they not get back to this fine series games and will not make any improvements there?

Message edited by Nowy - Saturday, 19/March/2011, 3:29 PM

Forum » General Talk » Site Suggestions & Comments » Strange thing
Search: