[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: EbelAngel  
Forum » General Talk » Site Suggestions & Comments » Strange thing
Strange thing
NowyDate: Tuesday, 19/April/2011, 3:09 PM | Message # 31
Marquis
Group: Users
Awards: 1
GSC earned quite fine money on C1 series games, but later they made faults when they produced too fantasy games. They made too many mistakes there, have no time to improvements but tried sold AC and C2 which had some problems. There were also poor marketing, problems with publishers companies and ignoring old funs community. This way their RTS games lost market place and HoAE achived poor sales.

Then they developed FPS Stalker games which help them grow their economy, but I do not think that they can live with only this one series games.

They should develop also other kind of games and it could be RTS games. It could give them more money and it could be less risky when they will produce few products and not only the one type of games.

If they can not take a risk now, they should find someone elese who help them. Meanwhile they could prepare patches, mods or addons to their old and famous games. It needs not too much cost investment and can bring back customers attention to their RTS games. This way even with little money they can return to RTS games and can find investors which give them more money for new products.

peteDate: Wednesday, 20/April/2011, 2:39 PM | Message # 32
Count
Group: Modders
Awards: 0
Quote (Nowy)
GSC earned quite fine money on C1 series games, but later they made faults when they produced too fantasy games. They made too many mistakes there, have no time to improvements but tried sold AC and C2 which had some problems. There were also poor marketing, problems with publishers companies and ignoring old funs community. This way their RTS games lost market place and HoAE achived poor sales.
Then they developed FPS Stalker games which help them grow their economy, but I do not think that they can live with only this one series games.
They should develop also other kind of games and it could be RTS games. It could give them more money and it could be less risky when they will produce few products and not only the one type of games.
If they can not take a risk now, they should find someone elese who help them. Meanwhile they could prepare patches, mods or addons to their old and famous games. It needs not too much cost investment and can bring back customers attention to their RTS games. This way even with little money they can return to RTS games and can find investors which give them more money for new products.

You make some good points Nowy, but I think the traditional RTS games are long gone sad

NowyDate: Tuesday, 26/April/2011, 10:16 AM | Message # 33
Marquis
Hm, forgive me my ignorance, but I found next strange thing on this formu.

Before Easter holidays there was thread about IG mod. Now it disappeared. What goes on there?
Somebody deleted ALL this thread! Why?

If there was controversy with this mod you could blocked or deleted only link to download this mode, but other posts could be still active there.

Maybe somebody would like to discuse about this mod problems there, isn't it.

CichorDate: Wednesday, 27/April/2011, 2:29 PM | Message # 34
Earl
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
Quote (Nowy)
Hm, forgive me my ignorance, but I found next strange thing on this formu.

Yes?

Quote (Nowy)
Before Easter holidays there was thread about IG mod. Now it disappeared. What goes on there?
Somebody deleted ALL this thread! Why?

It is true. Why? Because that mod was realised about year ago with copyrights infringement. Since last time situation not change, then all thread was deleted.

Quote (Nowy)
If there was controversy with this mod you could blocked or deleted only link to download this mode, but other posts could be still active there.

Heh, you well know that internet is huge network. If you allow to alive only title of mod here, then hundreds people find that mod with links to installation files somewhere else after that will work grapevine. But what about copyrights to part of mod?

I apologize for my english.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.kozacy.org/
http://forum.kozacy.org/

[hwk]poppenDate: Wednesday, 27/April/2011, 11:09 PM | Message # 35
The master of Pike and shot
Awards: 2
the reason me and daddio shut down the thread was becuse we all warned whitecrow once. and me and daddio being in the HWK clan. we asked gex ( also the hwk, maker of HEW) if he gave premission for the use of his copywrited graphics. and he did not give the premission. so we closed it for copy write infrengement and the cossacks world will NOT support illiegal items being posted here

Non progredi est regredi

NowyDate: Thursday, 28/April/2011, 0:34 AM | Message # 36
Marquis
Hm, I didn't know about this copyrights infringement.

If I well know Gex gave permission under few condition. Really I don't know how this things were solved or not.

I can understand that the cossacks world will not support illiegal items being posted here, but can we discuse there about this mod or not?

[hwk]poppenDate: Thursday, 28/April/2011, 1:37 AM | Message # 37
no, becuase its giving support. and that will not work eather

Non progredi est regredi

NowyDate: Thursday, 28/April/2011, 11:53 AM | Message # 38
Marquis
Quote ("[hwk)
poppen"]no, becuase its giving support. and that will not work eather

Really?
Even when somebody will give advice to White Crow that he should have Gex permission or should erase Gexozoid graphics from his mod?

Quote (" Cichor")
Heh, you well know that internet is huge network. If you allow to alive only title of mod here, then hundreds people find that mod with links to installation files somewhere else after that will work grapevine. But what about copyrights to part of mod?

Cichor I do not want to go to sites which support illegal items. Can you give on kozacy.org that mantioned above advice that White Crow should erase Gex graphics? I suppouse this way his mod could be quite legal item. Then we will can discuse about his mod on this forum.

[hwk]poppenDate: Thursday, 28/April/2011, 11:56 PM | Message # 39
yes really, evne when someone says something. gex gave him gidelines and he didnt follow them. thus. he didnt re post the mod. ive talked to gex directly

Non progredi est regredi

NowyDate: Monday, 20/February/2012, 11:29 AM | Message # 40
Marquis
On cossacksworld still register new memebers, but they still do not write too much there.

Worse that I can not see any news about Cossacks games. Modding section is not so active too.

It is strange thing that anybody have not any news.

Added (21/August/2011, 2:24 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Hurray 5017 members registred!

It is quite fine result for cossackworld site which is dedicted to these old rts games.

But it is still strange that here were 280 threads created which have only 1909 replies.

It could mean that members on this forum are not so active writers.

They even have not so many questions, suggestions and remarks to Cossacks style games.

Worse that short time ago gscfancom put on youtube History of Cossacks footage and it have not many remarks on cossacksworld.

Hey people what goes on here?

Do you like these games or can not you write something interesting about these fine games?

Added (20/February/2012, 11:29 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Hm, 7002 members!

It's quite fine fesult, however they still are not so active on the forum.
Only 341 threads and 2294 replies.

Where is the problem in such case?

Message edited by Nowy - Monday, 20/February/2012, 11:35 AM

Forum » General Talk » Site Suggestions & Comments » Strange thing
Search: