Forum » Cossacks II » Modding » @Bzik
@Bzik
EbelAngelDate: Monday, 30/January/2012, 11:36 AM | Message # 71
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Hi

I'v downloaded your cavalry pack.

Just letting you know that this week I will still be a bit busy, but I should have more time again from next week on.

Hope all is well with you.

Best regards.

EbelAngel

BzikDate: Sunday, 05/February/2012, 7:56 PM | Message # 72
Baron
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
Hello,

Thanks, Im fine. Another milestone reached - here is last big pack with original BTW units. I need only to solve problem with those blue clothes of few units, I think about it when all other units will be ready.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?8jc7cf1yfj4cjcs
Oh, one thing about naming: PeaWes - western Europe peasants, PeaGer - german states peasants, PeaSou - southern countries(Spain etc),
Right know I extracted bmps of OCmod flagbearers - its more than 2Gigs:) I play with this files during week.
Drop a line when you find some time to mod.

Take care!

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 13/February/2012, 9:22 AM | Message # 73
Site Administrator
Hi, I still havent gotten back to modding yet. Can't seem to load up my batteries to do so, which often happens after a break from it.

But I will get back to it.

If you have questions, dont hesitate asking tho, I check the site, just havent gotten myself back into modding yet.

BzikDate: Wednesday, 15/February/2012, 4:01 PM | Message # 74
Baron
Hello

Im curious about one thing - in weekend I tried to play C2 with friend through LAN. There was some lag issues both in battle mode and skirmish (when more troops were created). My friends comp specifiations are similiar to mine but his son installed there lot of games etc, so his HD is one big mess. What are your experiences in this matter? Do you had some smooth games via internet with lot of units? In my view succes of mod is strictly connected with multiplayer, the idea of combined features from C1+C2+AC is brillant and perspective, but If multi wont work at least just like in C1, the mod die quickly.

Next thing - I thinked a little about changes in gameplay. Thruth is, the more changes, the more chances that old guard leave it and stay with good ol familiar C1 or C2. Some balance needs to be find here, to add something chalenging while keeping cossacks series spirit. One of things I came out is that game have a lot of units, but in competitive games only few of them are used. Its a big waste, but its forced by "economy" of gameplay, so you wont produce Kings musketter in France, because you loose the game, being spamed with tons of other units. My idea is to balance all units creation time and cost. Generally, lets say average infantry HP is 90, average horseman HP is 270. So horseman production time will be three times longer, not more, you can have in same time 10 riders or 30 pikers. We can add some slight differences in production time between light units and heavy (e.g cuirassier will be produced 20% slower than hussar or something like that). What makes real difference is cost of creation and maintain. So infantry will be cheap in production and maintain, while cavalry will be both costly. So if player have good economy and can afford riders, so he can choose between them. he can choose dragoons, cuirassieers or kings musketter - each of them have other characteristic and role on battlefield.

Same thing with base building. Right now its written in stone, everyone is building in same sequence. I thinked about more free gameplay. So in some moment of game, you have to choose what kind of units/strategy you want - for example military buildings: you can choose between second barracks or first stable or diplo or first artdepo (same prices for all of them). Some may choose to build stable, camp for some time while growing economy and then produce expensive horse units, some may build diplo + additional Town Hall (early rushing/economy development splitted strategy) some may build second barracks and create more regular units for early strong attack/map conquest. You get the idea? I recently read article about starcraft and spotted this idea of balancing chances of win by every particular strategy, but same time posibilty to counter it. Its IMO step in right direction.

Regards
Bzik

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 20/February/2012, 1:39 PM | Message # 75
Site Administrator
hi Bzik,

I have some most unfortunate news. This weekend my computer broke, so today I brought it to the shop to see if it can be repaired.

In the meanwhile I'm on my laptop which doesnt have anything installed and isnt geared towards modding either.

Hopefully they can fix it without me having to reinstall everything. I do have most things backed up on dvd roms.

Untill they let me know if it can be fixed I cant really do much. I hope it doesnt take too long.

Regards

E.A.

EbelAngelDate: Tuesday, 21/February/2012, 1:02 PM | Message # 76
Site Administrator
bzik,

I just managed to install Cossacks 2 on my 64 bit laptop with integrated video card while my other computer is still in for repairs.

I'm not sure why i never tried this before, probably because everyone said it wouldnt work on a 64 bit edition and the game doesnt run with an integrated video card. Anyways, it works just fine.

I'v been busy downloading backups and I'm in the process off reinstalling everything ( tools, etc...)

My latest back up version is 1.2.1.5, which means everything after I no longer have.

That means the musketeer pack and the cavalry pack from post 68 and post 70 you pasted links to I no longer have. I tried to download them today but those links are no longer active.

Could you please reupload those 2 for me so I can download them.

I think I have everything else ( the last unit packs link was still available)

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

E.A;

BzikDate: Monday, 05/March/2012, 2:12 PM | Message # 77
Baron
Hi,
This is pack, hope its those files:)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?lvi1dss848aznfo

I thinked lately about this mod. Its still lot of work, loooot of graph converting and md work, and in upcoming month or two I will be really busy (Im changing old attic in my house to apartment) so I can afford only few hours small sessions from time to time.
You started fixing original C2, maybe it will be better at this moment if I help you with "original" mod/patch for C2? As I see you done already lot o work on this and its should have priority and should be released as soon as possible. If you can put to work all features lik random map and make all corrections to old gameplay, in next step it will be relatively easy to make C1 conversion. C1 hardcore fans still playing in C1 BTW and still will be, but in meantime some C2 gamers will have fun with this mod/patch.
BTW - you want to change C2 gameplay to C1 similiar (random map, upgrades, resources) right? As you know it was one of reasons (if not only one) that C2 isnt popular among old cossacks fans.
So what do you think? C1 conversion is literally hundreads hours more work, but in that way or other some features need to be done earlier, even for C2 gamers only.

Take care!

Added (05/March/2012, 2:12 PM)
---------------------------------------------
About stacking:

And RECTANGLE refers to "RectDx, RectDy, RectLx, RectLy (x, y, width, height)", It could mean that it creates a "box" around the unit, but its very well possible that its only for interface, eg, when you click on the map with a mouse so it knows at which point which unit is selected

Indeed, if you set those values high, the "box" is bigger so you can tick formation clicking even far from formation.

ZPoints probably refers to height, I dont think that will help much, I just noticed that C1 units have 27 on average where C2 units have 33.

Tried different values, didnt noticed any changes ingame.

For example GEOMETRY has 3 integers which refer to "Radius1, Radius2, MotionDistance(Speed for units) & Distance between buildings (!)"

With first two integers you can change how many free space particular unit needs around, but its not apply to formation as a "independent unit". Needs to be checked in which files formation values are stored. What interesting from those 3 values you can change speed of unit and new speed works also in formation for particular units, so if you speed up only soldier, flagbearer will be slower in marching...

EbelAngelDate: Saturday, 31/March/2012, 12:49 PM | Message # 78
Site Administrator
Hi,

so I finally have my computer back who broke down.

Most unfortunately and as I feared it was the harddrive, so I have a new harddrive in it now, which ofcourse means I will have to reinstall everything over again ( OS, software, tools, programs, dependencies, data files, etc...)

This will take me days, at this point I'm not really in the mood to do that all. I will do it gradually when I feel like doing it.

Hope all is well with you.

HarissonDate: Tuesday, 01/January/2013, 4:02 AM | Message # 79
Noblemen
Group: Users
Hi guys, are you still working on this mod ? Have you something new or something else ?
It's realy nice what you did with C2.

EbelAngelDate: Tuesday, 01/January/2013, 7:06 AM | Message # 80
Site Administrator
I have most off it on backups somewhere I think , but havent found any motivation recently to continue with this. Been rather busy aswell past year with other things.

Forum » Cossacks II » Modding » @Bzik
Search: