Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Modding » @Bzik
@Bzik
EbelAngelDate: Thursday, 12/January/2012, 4:07 PM | Message # 61
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
COMMAND CENTER

There is actually a command center MD in C2, but it has no graphic.
It is mainly used for battle maps, and troops from formations that are disbanded will go there and gather around it. Adding a graphic to it, shouldnt proove to be too difficult, just need one.
It's main MD string is GLOBALCOMMANDCENTER and or COMMANDCENTER.
This defines where troops will go to. Ofcourse you can add these strings to a 'general' unit aswell, I'v tried it already, and then troops will rally to the nearest 'general' with such string. A 'mobile' commandcenter if you like.
As to the AC idea off removing tents and replace them somewhere else, i believe that is the "UNCONSTRUCT" string that is used ( from NDS?) Should test it.
'HEALING' is not a zone but a weapon ( at least on priests it is "WEAPON MEDIK". So not sure if there is something similar that can be a "zone", but if I remember well, in Alexander, there is something that set's a "healing' zone around a unit. Mostlikely this is a UNITABILITY, which would mean, if it was setup, it would not be automatic, but the player would have to hit a button in the interface to "enable" the healing zone. Again, I so need to investigate the UNITABILITY editor properly, but as I'v said before its a complex one. But surely there's additional functionality to be found there.

MERCENARY BROKE FORMATION
Once a "mercenary" formation would have broken, they would rally towards the nearest GLOBALCOMMANDCENTER, because they really are just normal troops, untill you run out off the resources required to maintain, which is defined by the NAEMNIK string in the MD. But once they have turned coat against you into the neutral color, there is no way off getting them back.(unless its a scripted event in a mission, but not in regular gameplay)

MILITA SQUADS
I dont see a problem with this one, this just needs to be properly setup in the [OFFICER] section in the NDS ( and possibly check if such a 30 -unit size formation exists in the orders.lst, but I believe it does, and if it doesnt, lets just add it. We will have to revise that file anyway, the largest formation in there is 196 (carried over from C1), I already added a 324 (or was it 320,lol), cause I nicked it from Imperia, just to ese if it would work, it did.

Cavalry with lances more efective aginst pikemans than sword fighting cavalry. Same against cavalry with swords.

Sure, thats just some MD balancing in terms off weapon damage. You can go nuts on that as far as Im concerned.

Posibility to increase size of formed squad by adding additional soldiers, e.g. from 120 to 240.

Don't think that's possible, at least I have never seen it beeing done on the GSC engines. Once you choose a size, that seems to be what it is. Then again there is a "reinforce" button, but I dont think it has extra functionality towards it, all it does as far as I'm aware is fill up lost units.

Experience points - shot accuracy bonus points for shooting units (based on killings by shoot or aggregate of all made shoots)?

If I got it right, this is done by using the SKILLDAMAGEMASKBONUS. It uses some kind off factor to determine how much damage value is to be added ( think its a factor off 0,20). I believe that the 'MASK' refers to which weaponmask( kind) the bonus damage is to be applied. If you want it to be applied only to a certain type off weapon, then it needs to be declared in the MD for that particular weapon type ( We need a list off all weapons (kinds-types) in C2.!)

ROADS builded by peasants - fast transport of troops to frontlines or packhorses from mines.

Peasants build MD's, regardless of what it is. Roads are not MD's, they are handled differently by the engine. But say, you would set up an MD with a road graphic, as if it was a "wall", then you still havent got the units-soldiers walking on it and recognize it as a "road" to walk on. I suppose you could setup POSPOINTS ( position points) so that units would "stand" on the 'road', but then they are still not walking on the road, they would move to those position points and stand still.
Somehow I dont see this working out.

- CANNON BATTERIES,
&
Maybe also adding reworked redbout for battery size (those are in C2 editor)?

Well, they have no build stage those redoubts, I did look at them the other day, merged the different frames into one ;in order to see if I could cut them into some "buildstages" but didnt really get a satisfactory result out off it.

Pikemans maybe more damage (historically

Sure, MD editing , innit.

- RED ZONE automatic firing (or adding autofire option on/off just like melee/only shoot).

There is, press CONTROL +A +T. All units are in fire mode now, any unit that comes within the ENEMY SEARCH/ATTACK RANGE declared in the MD will get fired upon.
Ofcourse the red, yellow and green zones can be modified aswell.
What you have to consider however is that in C1, there is no such thing, every unit will fire at the enemy as soon as it enters its range declared in the MD. There is also no DAMAGEFALL ( decrease) in C1. Nobody ever complained about firing in C1, but for some reason in C2 they play without hotkeys and then complain about firing options. Not sure why. Maybe I'm missing something here. Am I?
In my own experience, I always thought the auto attack option in C1 was sometimes annoying. I used to always set all units on no attack, untill I wanted them to attack. For example, say a cannon shoots in to your units, they will run off to go attack that cannon if they are on autoattack, ofcourse they get slaughtered in the process. If you set them on no attack they stay nicely in position but you are aware off it happening because there has been an attack sound, and then its u p to you to choose if you wish to retaliate on it or if it was a distraction.

I'v seen players exploit autoattack aswell, they would send a fast horse towards your units, luring your units away into his side off the field and then shoot those lured away units with his soldiers.
There's much to say about auto attack / no attack, I dont think 10 lines will cover it.
Above all, rather than theoretic discussion about it, we need to fully understand the weaponsystem that is in place now, then we can speculate on changing it ( I don't entirely understand it yet, not sure how and which MD strings ( and any other files) inter-relate with eachother.
For example, when I was testing on the interface a while ago, I suddenly had the option of a squad that was using melee attack on the 2 front rows while I could let the 3rd row fire upon those enemies that were attacking in the first rows.(normal setting is either melee or rifle). A combined melee-rifle attack if you like. Not sure anymore how I did that, but I will need to check those files again.

BROKEN FORMATION - speed of comeback depending on experience of each soldier (so rookie without kills will be wandering a little longer).

I think there is an MD string that defines how long they will run around on the field ( PSIXOZ?) but dont think you can attach that to "experience"
Unless...you would give the ability to "upgrade" units that have gained a certain amount off experience into " experienced" units by using the Change MD ability ( which turns a unit into another unit( MD) and then have in that second MD a different PSIXOZ setting.(does this make sense?)
The CHANGEMD ability works allright, I'v tested it before, its like this:
You have a unit ( eg an officer), set up the CHANGEMD ability, a button appears in the interface on that officers, click on the button, and that unit changes into whichever unitMD you have it setup to be.If you were to use the same graphics for both MD's you wouldnt notice it graphically but it would have different stats if you want it so in the MD.( Again, that UNITABILITY EDITOR, meh,...)
Either way, it would not be an automatic process, the player would have to upgrade the formation/unit manually by clicking on that button.
Possibly there are otherways to go about this, but I cant think off anything else right now.

- Archers - long range, but same as with muskets - accuracy depends on range of shoot

Sure, MD editing, innit.

- STACKING!!!! Need to check if its possible to add blockpoints to units, so tighest formation - no pass, normal formation - ony two formations can stack one on other (pikes can come through muskets to cover them, or vice versa, musktes to make shoot between pikes)

Good, you go ahead and try that ;-)

If everything fails there is always Friendly fire option, but still it didnt solve stacking of pikes etc.

I think we should turn that on, it needs a line in the MD aswell if i recall correctly"FRIENDLYFIRE".
It will make people think twice before stacking units.

- CAPTURE BONUSES

Well we would have to test that MD string UMS_PRICE if that actually works, but I think its on killing an object, rather than capturing.
JUst watch out with capturing, I have bad memories about this from C1.
I dont mind a bit off capturing, but I'v seen too many noobs, who quickly build a diplo and then raid the map with sich cossacks, they dont even have a proper army, just quickly raid, no skills whatsoever
Or like when you start a map, with ukraine, you send your peasants to the opponent nearby and you will capture his peasants with your peasants because ukrainian peasants cant be captured in C1, instant kill on the opponent before he has build 2 or 3 buildings. On top off that you get a second nation to build. Funny..., yeah sure..., but im sure thats not how the game was intented to be played.
I'm just saying, capture should be balanced.

- ADDITIONAL WINDOW IN TOWN CENTER (or ACADEMY?)

A bit like in C1 when you press CTRL +I (?) in game you get statistics on resource usage, etc...?
NOt sure if thats possible, need to look it up if it has been disabled.
Else I can see if the academydesk.xml ( that window that loads into the Academy now if you declare DIPLOMAT string in the MD) can be changed or if extra functionality can be added.

I dont use it, but I can see that some people like extra information.

- MERCENARY SHOOTERS/PIKERS

MD and NDS editing +NRES.dat, innit, shouldnt be too hard, just abit off work.

- FEAR FACTOR - maybe we can add some new factors? Like fear of bayonets higher for 17century units or fear of cannonball, higher for unshielded units?

There's a whole bunch off "FEARxxxxx" strings in the MD's. I'm sure something can be done with it but I never experimented with them.

- TOWN HALL limits - what do you think about limiting TC to one city (so in order to build next TC, player should build at first all required buildings like academy, church etc., then he can create another precint or some outpost town)

Well you know how requirements to build a building are setup now, in the NDS under [ACCESSCONTROL]. If say a player needs to build an x amount off buildings, where for example a fortress is the last in the row before he can build the (next) townhall, then it would also mean that the very first townhall can't be build untill the fortress has been build.
It would turn into an impossible loop, unless, you would make a "second" townhall building MD,one that can only be build after the fortress in the example.
But that could potentially give problems with the victory condition " Destroy Townhall's, I'm not sure if the secondary townhall would be recognized as a townhall, unless there is an option to set it up in the UnitTypeGroup.xml ( editor).
Needs testing.

- STOREHOUSE

MD job, RESOURCEBASE string if I remember correctly.

- ACTIVE EXPERIENCE BONUS SYSTEM - squad bonus is sum of single units experience (kills?)

No idea, it could also be the average, though it depends which experience system.
Remember, as I'v said before , there's more than one system.

- Creating formations in zone around officer.

Hmm, probably if you were to add COMMANDCENTER string to the officer? Needs testing.

--#post60
1. Cannons with invisible crew

I'm pretty sure they can be added, its just, we could be limited to the current "Pusxxxx.MD" units in terms off graphics.
Because you would need some kind off animation for the crew to "load the gun, etc....)
Again, setup in ComplexObjects.dat (or was it helpers.dat)

We can use dragoons from AC (17 and 18 century) and even OC mod have english dragoon with sabre

Sure, why not, as long as the units are present in one off the GSC game's there is no problem ( e.G no units from Rome Total War,... as one would need permission from them to use those, I only have permission to mod within the range off GSC games).

We can experiment with changing colours etc.

Sure why not.

but I figured out that we can try to change size of bmps in photoshop, and then convert to g17

Yes, I hope you have figured out how to use the "automate-batch-actions' features for something like this , cause manually its a bit insane.

And last thing - I found interesting bug list on cdvusa forum, propbably you read it

Do you have a link to that post?

1. "Don't know it it has been mentioned yet, but I want to be able to man fortifications!
It is so annoying having to reman a squad you position near a fortification to defend it from grenadiers, man the fortifications!

Theoretically its possible, I have seen manned walls in Alexander by the use off POSPOINTS string in the MD.(x adn y coordinates). Doesnt AC or one off the Mods in AC have this aswell?.

50 seconds with something its historically correct.

I'm sure its historically correct, but dont forget that the game is an abstract off reality. If you would implement 50 seconds as "real time", then it would also mean that you relate the game to the real time a day has.
It would mean a battle can take hours. EG, building a barrack would take days....
You cannot expect people to play a hole day.
You have to find some balance between reality and the game.
What is probably a better way is, that for example:
if unit A had a historical reload time off 60 seconds and unit B had a historical reload time off 30 seconds, then in game the reload time off unit B should be half of the reload time of unit A, regardless off the factor real time seconds-ingame time that is used. (Does that make sense?)

When there is a choice to be made between historical accuracy and playability, I will always choose playability.

PS. I checked new mod pack - asking just in case - you stil working on grenadiers md's, because when I tried them they do lot of wierd things:)

I know, that's what I meant with there will be a lot more work to get them to work properly. All I did was fixing the non working rifle ( it didnt recognize the C1 SHOTFOG Weapon, I used SHOTFOGPISTOLSTARTSLABII) , then they fire and you see smoke, but indeed I noticed they were behaving a bit weird, flickering around as if they were to moveinto a charge state constantly....
A proper analisys of the entire grenadier MD file is needed, it's one off the most complex units.
I will maybe look into it today.

Geez, there is thousand of things to try but we only have 24 hours/day...

My thoughts exactly...Remember I told you converting C1 stuff into C2 would be a lot off work....

PS2. One last question - do you think its possible to calculate squad shot power/melee by average of every single units in squad?

I have absolutely no idea.

Got your Baddog Icons. will add them today.(and look into the grenadiers)

EbelAngelDate: Thursday, 12/January/2012, 4:27 PM | Message # 62
Site Administrator
EDIT:
Forgot to say:

Before you do this:

STACKING!!!! Need to check if its possible to add blockpoints to units, so tighest formation - no pass, normal formation

and
but I figured out that we can try to change size of bmps in photoshop, and then convert to g17

Please experiment first with following MD strings:

RECTANGLE
GEOMETRY
ZPOINTS

There is a small change that one off these 3 strings holds a solution to the 2 above things you want to achieve.

EDIT2:

I seem to miss the EngPike icon from Baddog, or am I beeing blind? Just dont see it in there. Could you check please?
Thanks!

I just realized that if you doubleclick in gigapack on the grey zone in the visualization section, you get a pop up box to choose the background colour.
Not sure if it could help much in terms off making icons ( in case you want to add AC dragoons , because there are no graphics for those, are there?), there's zoom function but that doesnt really seem to help much.
Just thought i'd mention it, you never know if its any use later on.

Message edited by EbelAngel - Thursday, 12/January/2012, 5:27 PM

BzikDate: Thursday, 12/January/2012, 7:31 PM | Message # 63
Baron
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
If you want it to be applied only to a certain type off weapon, then it needs to be declared in the MD for that particular weapon type ( We need a list off all weapons (kinds-types) in C2.!)

Yes, just imagine - units gain bonuses in certain areas - if same unit shoots efectively, becomes more accurate shooter, if involve into melee fight, becomes better fencer.

Roads are not MD's, they are handled differently by the engine

BTW, do roads are present in random mode you working on?

The CHANGEMD ability works allright, I'v tested it before,

That is nice feature to use, didnt know about it - need to think where else we can use it.

JUst watch out with capturing, I have bad memories about this from C1.
I dont mind a bit off capturing, but I'v seen too many noobs, who quickly build a diplo and then raid the map with sich cossacks, they dont even have a proper army, just quickly raid, no skills whatsoever
Or like when you start a map, with ukraine, you send your peasants to the opponent nearby and you will capture his peasants with your peasants because ukrainian peasants cant be captured in C1, instant kill on the opponent before he has build 2 or 3 buildings. On top off that you get a second nation to build. Funny..., yeah sure..., but im sure thats not how the game was intented to be played.
I'm just saying, capture should be balanced.

Yes im aware of that. 99,9% of multiplayer NO PT C1 games Ive seen was based on same scenario - pike squad in one side of screen, light infantry+ archers in other and voila, who is faster clicker, wins. Boooring, no thank you:) I alwyas seen C series more as chess than Wolfenstein 2D shooter.
Thing is, in C2 you can force enemy to flee without even close encounter, so early unprepared rushes becomes history.
Secondly, if we allow to garrison troop inside buildings hussars or other fast cavalry wont be able to capture them.

Do you have a link to that post?

Here you go:
http://forums.cdvusa.com/showthread.php?t=46534

I'm sure its historically correct, but dont forget that the game is an abstract off reality

Hehe you didnt understand me. I was quoted guy who was pissed of 50 sec long reloading time implemneted by GSC. My point was also to find gameplay balance for that. And dont woory, I like details, but Im not historic freak who dress in Uhlan clothes before sitting to computer and firing C2 campaign:)

I seem to miss the EngPike icon from Baddog, or am I beeing blind? Just dont see it in there. Could you check please?

Yes, in my files I dont have any graph for this unit. Need to look out for him.
I know that baddog icons are worst in quality, but its fault of samples. I dont have any gifs of baddog units, and as far as I know there isnt any.

BTW I have all gifs of AC units with exception of Russia, Germany and Netherlands. Do you have them maybe?

EbelAngelDate: Thursday, 12/January/2012, 8:02 PM | Message # 64
Site Administrator
Quote (Bzik)
BTW, do roads are present in random mode you working on?

No, I'm not sure if that is possible, but then again I havent really tried. I can call on other objects from within the editor though ( statues, buildings, user created samples,...) so not saying its impossible, just havent tried it.

Quote (Bzik)
Hehe you didnt understand me.

Oh, must have read too fast... ;-)

Quote (Bzik)
BTW I have all gifs of AC units

Oh, where did you find those then?
I thought there were none whatsoever. Good news then.

so...
Quote (Bzik)
Do you have them maybe?

No I dont.

2 changes:
- added your icons ( except EngPike)
- analyzed the Austrian Grenadier ( details in Grenadier.xpp) and implemented changes on AusGren18( baddog)
You can test it,grenades work, lineshooting,...
except for a fluke in the #REST or #PSTAND animation i must have made ( sometimes the graphic dissapears). I will look into this tomorrow and fix it.
Once i get it fully working, then we can add the changes to all grenadiers.
This reminds me, that for the pikes, we havent done the changes we did when we compared the Russian Pike from C2 with the EngPike from baddog. It needs some lines added in the other C1 pikes.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21175128/1.2.1.4+FILES+BZIK.rar

EbelAngelDate: Thursday, 12/January/2012, 8:10 PM | Message # 65
Site Administrator
Copied that bug list from cdv forum, because I almost went blind reading all that blue!! wacko

Code

BUGS:

1)INFANTRY:
1.1) Prussian Pioneers not being able to produce powder kegs.

1.2)
a) Enemy and friendly units/formations turn green and revolt.
b) The parting of the red sea bug.
Quote:
Explanation of bug 1.2b:
After the 1.1 patch has been installed there have been several instances where my units, that have been straddling a road to block any access, have opened and parted like the red sea and let through the enemy('s) formation(s).

On reaching my home base this unit cannot be attacked or destroyed. Its sits there and does nothing.
1.3) AI formations walking just infront of you and not firing, just standing still.

1.4) Sometimes it's impossible to capture a town because the militia seems to switch back and forth between friendly and enemy..(related towards bug 1.2.a probably?

1.5) Before Patch 1.1, when destroying an enemy unit, the enemy soldiers would flee back to their base. Now, with Patch 1.1, more and more enemy soldiers flee through my lines.

1.6) Is it me or do I hear the officer shout 'Fire' and 'Halt' and other orders in the Campaign, but never hear orders in Skirmish? Maybe I'm not paying enough attention, but I'm getting the distinct impression that they don't shout anything in Skirmish..???

1.7) Possible bug?
Explanation: Shouldn't the +2 defence bonus for cavalry be in "Line" formation instead of 'Column' formation? The tool tip says that line gets an additional bonus for cavalry while the devence bonus is granted when on column formation.

1.8) After the patch, the video with the officers dissapeared, even with the videos activated in the options)(neverthelless I found it after 1 hour of playing very irritating).

1.9) Not sure wether bug or alteration: The enemy formation doesn't fire at your units when they are firing at them in non-formation groups. Of course, it's saves the ability for them to fire upon any formations of yours wich are nearby, but the a.i. should at least make a decision and do return fire to those non-formations soldiers that fire at them when there isn't any formation nearby.

**1.10) When I played skirmish, then sometimes my sappers do a strange thing. When I order them to walk to a spot, 2 or 3 just speeds over there, I mean really fast! and the rest of the group slowly walks! This has happened with most of my troops.

**1.11) If I have some infantry, and I form a line, some would just sprint to the new location, and the rest slowly walks!

**1.12) When more than three units of grenadiers assault one building the game closes to windows!
Quote:
Explanation of bug 1.12: The grenadier problem is England V Egypt on the first map on the skirmish map list - I cant remember offhand what it is called - is it crossing the rubicorn? Cant remember Im afraid. On entering their large town I attacked with four grenadier units against one of their towers. This caused the game to close and exit to windows as soon as they leant back to throw their grenades.
(Has anyone else noticed this, except Talon???)

**1.13) I was pressing back row fire, waiting a bit, then pressing middle row fire. After the two rows fired I pressed the buttons again so the back and middle row would fire as soon as they were reloaded. After they reloaded and fired the back and middle row fire buttons were still enabled. After a bit though they were disabled! They should stay enabled OR disable after they fire, not both.

**1.14) After I had one of my units fully reinforced, the little black corp men, instead of going back into the build and turning into militia, they stood around doing nothing.

**1.15) When I was playing a big game with lots of men, it was starting to get gappy (1GB of RAM still didnt cut it). As it was gappy, I tried to line up my men to face the enemy by holding down the right mouse button and pointing the arrow. The yellow dots faced in a totally random direction after I let go and was facing away from the enemy at an angle. I kept trying to line them up how I wanted them too and they kept facing a different way. I never noticed this when the game was running smoothly though.

**1.16) When I was standing ground by a village men would just wonder off and go fight enemies instead of standong ground. I still had the stand ground bonus though.(Some additional info would be appreciated (Nation, Unit Type, ...))

**1.17) England Vs Prussia. Sent my grenadiers into their base (full morale, full fatigue) one of their units (grenadiers, no standard bearer, no officer etc) attacked me, i lost 3 men from one unit, which then broke and fled, and the other unit whenever i clicked to allow them to fire didnt fire but deselected and stood their allowing themselves to be cut to threads.

2) CAVALRY:????

**2.1) In XIX century infantry was the trunk of each army supported by artillery and cavalry. In MP C2 cavalry wins battles that seems to quite "ahistorical". I suggest to increase the role of artillery by decreasing power of cavalry.
It can be obtained in many ways, for example:
- increase the production time or cost of light cavalry
- increase cost of stables
- implement upkeep cost for horsemen

**2.2) When I tried to attack artillery with my cavalry they just formed up around it without attacking the crew as if it was friendly! Meanwhile the crew was loading and shooting my troops!

3) ARTILLERY:
3.1) AI artillery walking into enemy formations without firing.

3.2) There's something wrong with building artillery.
Quote:
Explanation of bug 3.2.a:
Usually I build the maximum amount of artillery my depots allow me, but with Austria and Britain, after 4 light cannons and 2 heavy cannons (and 2 rocket thingies for Britain), I suddenly lose the ability to build mortars.. When I check the readout on the build icons by passing over them with my mouse, it says that I have 3/2 mortars (an impossible figure), even though I haven't built any! This is not a problem caused by lack of resources by the way..

Explanation of 3.2.b:
Sometimes, you can't build howitzers cause you limit is already reached but I didn't build any howitzers yet. One time, I had 2 heavy cannons, and my 2 artillery depots said I had 2 heavy cannons AND 2 howitzers. Because i wanted a howitzer, I construct a 3th artillery depot and what it says after it has been build: that I have 3 howitzers?!?

Explanation of 3.2.c:
After my artillery piece unlimbered, it disappeared. So when I went back to the depot to build another one, it said I already had one. I had to build another depot so I could have at least one artillery piece.
3.3) There ar several errors with the british rockets:
Quote:
Explanation of bug 3.3:
3.3.a) When I build any other artillery, Im not able to build the rockets.
3.3.b) If I choose to build the rockets first, then the pop limit of the rockets keeps going up so I can't build the second, for example: Rocket Limit reached 8312/1.
3.3.c) British rockets do not seem to have a sound.. At least when I focus on the enemy troops and watch the rockets head towards their target, the shrieking sound one would expect is absent..
3.3.d) Not forgetting that the rockets are also SILENT - at least assign some sound effects!!!!
3.3.e) The rocket launcher stops working after a while and the crew go through the motions but no more rockets are fired, even if you target the ground they will still not fire.
3.4) There are several instances in wich it is nearly impossible to attache/detache a limber to any kind of artillery (seems it's related towards lack of space) Ive tested this in the editor where there's enough space and there where no problems, the canons/howitzers/rockets attached time and time again.

3.5) There's something weird going on when taking over enemy artillery. I played the 'Battle of the Pyramids' today and after storming the enemy heavy cannon and manning it with my own troops, it seems as though they also stole the enemy uniforms and wore those..
This bug pops up with every nation and can be very confusing if engaged in a battle with a lot of artillery..

3.6) When canons/howitzers/rockets do get attached, they'res occasionaly space between the limber and the artillery piece and/or it's not in one straight line behind eachother.

**3.6.a) Noticed that the men glide along with the howitzers when limbered. Or at least the British, French, Prussian and Russian men do not walk but glide along when the limbered howitzers move!

3.7) When canons/howitzers/rockets do get attached, they'res occasionaly space between the limber and the artillery piece and/or it's not in one straight line behind eachother. They should limber up regardless of where they are. Easiest fix might be to have them pop out limbered up out of the art deport.

3.8) Sometimes when firing a cannon the crew go through the animated sequence and the cannon fires but there is no cannon ball and yet the opposing enemy troops suffer the casualties associated with this invisible floating cannon ball hitting them....!!!!

**3.9) It's too weak and therefore seldom seen in MP. Since there are so many cavalry units in MP battlefields cannons became useless (Egypt - the exception).

**3.10) When I pressed fill cannon crew only 3 men went. When I pressed again a nothing happened.

4) BATTLE FOR EUROPE:
4.1) Annihilation of one's army and losing territory in BFE without a fight. This is a game-breaker bug!!!!
Quote:
Explanation of bug 4.1:
While playing Battle for Europe, I've invaded a territory and all of my units as well as all of the enemy units gets destroyed. It says I've defeated the enemy and then it says I was defeated! It really p***** me off because I had a lot of veteren units. It happens when the battle is about to begin, the Fog of War is still over the territory and then all of a sudden, you get those messages.
**4.2) Why do armies reappear in Italy when they're cut off and trapped? This has happened on more than one occasion. They can't retreat to one of their own sectors, they lose, and then they reappear in Italy. The rebirth in Italy has happened twice. I was playing the role of Prussia, on both occasions. The first time the AI was playing Russia. The second the AI was playing Eygpt. They were both cut off, no place to retreat, and no were near there prospective countries. After fighting for several minutes, they decide to retreat. I guess they retreated all the way to Italy!!

**4.3) I alt-f4 the game while fighting and when I restarted BFE It was at the withdraw or attack screen so I said attack so I could play where I left off. My guys never appeared on the map and it said I lost and that all my troops had died. Afterward there were 3 sectors that used to be owned by other nations that were now under no one's control and it said they had 35 squads each. The other nations took them over easily even though there were supposedly 35 squads in each.

5) TUTORIAL:
5.1) In the Lieutenant Tutorial it's impossible to build the blockhouse at the crossroads near your base, even though it lights up as a possible location to build.

6) BUILDINGS:
6.1) Destroying buildings can have some strange results...
Quote:
Explanation of bug 6.1:
Using my Saps or Grenadiers has the desired effect of slowly bringing the building down, in terms of damage. But when it is very nearly destroyed OR even destroyed and just rubble I have moved to another part of the screen and within a couple of seconds then changed my view back to that building to find that it is totally rebuilt as new...!!! This has happened on a number of occasions and there were no peasants around to account for the rebuild, but they could not have done it that fast anyway.
6.2) Buildings are disappearing and re-appearing. Wellknown by now I imagine. Observed after 1.1 patch in skirmish and mp.

6.3) Seen a couple of times that some captured iron mines cannot be upgraded. Selecting mine shows it belongs to me. Don't get upgrade icon though. Observed early game so they are not fully upgraded. Just happened to a few iron mines.

6.4) On the maps you see fences. Would make sense if these are impassable. Now you can even and often put a building right across a fence.

**6.5) If I build tower, fort, etc ... there cannons are firing at animals, thats very frustrating cause they're shooting also on friendly buildings!
I would understand if any enemy soldier/formation is is near, but if it's a cow or an other animal it's just irritating, now I cant build those cause they're destroying my buildings.

7) GRAPHICS:
7.1) Graphic glitch after the 1.1 patch on coal and gold mines. Its the transport on the coal mine that "flickers". ATI Radeon 9800xt, latest Catalyst drivers 504.

7.2) I have amd xp 3200+, 1 gb of ram and ati 9800xt. Loadtimes are very quick. Since the 1.1 patch my game freeze for around 10-15 seconds. Happens always a few minutes into a skirmish or mp game.
Then after that everything is fine again.

7.3) There is a serious prob with loading a saved 1v1.Could you further explain this!!!

8) EDITOR:
8.1) Editor is not fully operational, wich should be, very and I mean VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!

8.2) Tough the editor for unit creation shows the name of the units wich your cursor is over, it doesn't show you a small picture of it.

8.3) In the editor, you are unable to move the Prussian and Russian generals!

**8.4) When using the editor sometimes I can't select Mouse Moving Mode, so i can move units and what not around. It tends to happen after I place a building in the editor.

9) SOUND/VOICES:
9.1) Comments on running out of ammo, when Infact you have plenty and are fireing.

10) CAMPAIGN:
10.1) Not sure if this is a bug, but in the 3rd mission of the Campaign, which is set in England, near Manchester, you are fighting against French troops, instead of other British troops, such as in the first two missions.

10.2) The major problem I came across is when I play campaign, the second level (ignoring tutorials, the level where you need to capture the villages back) I start shooting the towers across the river with my cannons and (twice now) it randomly crashes with some error about too many handles?

**11) MULTIPLAYER:
** 11.1) I think there are some serious issues with network stability.
Quote:
Explanation of bug 11.1:
Both LAN and Internet. Playing 2 and 3 player games on a LAN i've experienced lag, dropouts, sync problems, CTDs, and freezes - regardless of which computer is hosting. This is on a fast network (100mbit) with computers which get no problems in single player (all have AMD 2400+ XP, good video cards, 1gb ram). I have experienced similar problems when playing on the net but mainly they were problems on my opponents computers. The problems seem far worse on LAN than on the net.
**11.2) Playing multiplayer, the militia in almost all the villages never formed up into formations.

OTHERS:
1) Is there an Add-on foreseen in the near future.
2) If this is the case, would GSC be interested in a wishlist with our ideas for this add-on.

If you read this list and find that a certain Bug/Feature/Other is not in the list, make a post and mention this with a small but clear explanation, I will update this tread as manny times as possible and will send it towards GSC at the end of this month!

When certain bugs get fixed when the patch is released, I'll remove those from this list then!

It has to be said , that list was compiled after patch 1.1 but before 1.2. So some things are fixed in 1.2

BzikDate: Friday, 13/January/2012, 5:59 PM | Message # 66
Baron
I find those gifs on some polish AC site. Curious how they get it. There was no update for countries from Fight Back, but if they have gifs of AC1, other should exist somewhere. Need to search for them.

This reminds me, that for the pikes, we havent done the changes we did when we compared the Russian Pike from C2 with the EngPike from baddog. It needs some lines added in the other C1 pikes.

Yes, for example some pikes instead of walk do a little Michael Jackson's moonwalking:) Its not a problem, we need to copy proper frame redirections from original MD.

I know that lot of things from bug list was fixed in 1.2. I was thinking more about other ideas, somewhere there was a link to special thread where peps posts different ideas, too bad its dead link now.
Oh, could you say something more about
RECTANGLE
GEOMETRY
ZPOINTS
? Currently Im converting musktes, when I finsh I start with stacking thing.

Angel do you have some fresh ideas what to change or add to game? Give me some inspiration:)

EbelAngelDate: Saturday, 14/January/2012, 4:30 PM | Message # 67
Site Administrator
Quote (Bzik)
somewhere there was a link to special thread where peps posts different ideas, too bad its dead link now.

Do you have the link to the post, regardless wether it was dead or not? I got a trick to read it even if its dead.

Quote (Bzik)
Oh, could you say something more about

RECTANGLE
GEOMETRY
ZPOINTS
? Currently Im converting musktes, when I finsh I start with stacking thing.

Well since you wanted to look into stacking I figured those 3 could have some relation to the unit size ( in terms off how the engine sees their size). Its possible that none off them will help towards the stacking issue, but it surely wont hurt to try.
For example GEOMETRY has 3 integers which refer to "Radius1, Radius2, MotionDistance(Speed for units) & Distance between buildings (!)"
Perhaps the first 2 refer to the radius ( space) between units. It's worth trying since the 3rd one, which is considered "speed" for units also is relevant to buildings, because the integer really is StepSize, for a unit, this means the size off the step, or in plain English the speed it takes between the steps, but for buildings who dont move, this refers to the distance between buildings. I got this from the source.
So it's possible that the first 2 work both ways aswell, that is for units and buildings. As I said, to be tested.
ZPoints probably refers to height, I dont think that will help much, I just noticed that C1 units have 27 on average where C2 units have 33.
And RECTANGLE refers to "RectDx, RectDy, RectLx, RectLy (x, y, width, height)", It could mean that it creates a "box" around the unit, but its very well possible that its only for interface, eg, when you click on the map with a mouse so it knows at which point which unit is selected.
To be properly tested.
If these fail, then look in to blockpoints.
(Does that make sense?)

Quote (Bzik)
Angel do you have some fresh ideas what to change or add to game? Give me some inspiration:)

Sure , but I'll will post as we go along i think and ask your opinion, because I first want to see whatever I want to see in game actually works, regardless of wether its theoretically possible or not.

Will post the next version tonight.

EDIT:

Well, didnt do much yesterday and today.

Fixed some more things and added a new tool in the editor. ( Details are in the log)

Maybe try out the tool if you like, see how it works for you. You can load it in the editor by pressing on one off the previously non working buttons on the toolbar. (If you hoover over it, it says "HeightEditor" or so it should if I setup the hint in the text file correctly. It is mainly to make a rough sketch on the map, eg, carving a river in less than a minute, rather than spending 5 to 10 minutes by using the normal terrain height tools.
It ofcourse still needs fine tuning with the regular tools afterwards.
It also has a texture set attached to it, that one takes a bit to generate though but it still beats painting a map full off textures manually. There's only 1 set attached to it now to test functionality, I'll see if we can make more later on.
For fine tuning off the map, I'll add another tool later.

Aswell, I got something off an difference with the Saxon grenadier, that one doesnt behave like the Baddog grenadiers. You will see it when you try him out. Even so, all grenadiers need more fine tuning in terms off graphics ( reload not too smooth, etc...)

Then I went on to find some off those .gifs from AC you were missing, Havent really succeeded in finding that but in my search I did find some little treasures. A couple off tools I hadnt seen before yet. I'll try those out to see if they are any good to use.

Also could you write down details on "similarity" settings when using Palitra.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21180717/1.2.1.5+FILES+BZIK.rar

Message edited by EbelAngel - Saturday, 14/January/2012, 6:54 PM

BzikDate: Sunday, 15/January/2012, 9:00 PM | Message # 68
Baron
Hello!

Here is next pack:
Link
I didint do swiss arquebusier, 17th french musketeer, Portugal and Holland 18th musketeers, because of same problem with blue all over coat. Ill look at it with some fresh mind, now I'm converting those bloody musketers even during sleep:)

Best option for similiarity is 1800. If set higer, shades gone. Pink RGB's are in order:
Fourth blue is unnecessary, but if present needed to be checked in Corel, because there are dozens of diffenet tones.
There are some blue pixels on some units (usually dark blue), when I tried to change them with palitra, program changed also other dark colours, so I leave it. Honestly, its not that visible in long perspective (this blue is mostly shade of sabre), but if you see somewhere really bad-looking shades, give me sign, Ill try to fix it.

After some rest I'll look at stacking problem, and later do C1 swordsmans.

Thread you look for: http://forums.cdvusa.com/showpost.php?p=631002&postcount=109
Tell me if you find something interesting.

Have a nice evening!

Added (15/January/2012, 9:00 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Angel, I made mistake in lst of "grenade throw" file. Here is correct g17 pack.
http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/BZIK/gren.rar

EbelAngelDate: Wednesday, 18/January/2012, 5:28 PM | Message # 69
Site Administrator
Hi, got all your files.
Put the muskets and swordsmen in game already but got some more work to get them to function properly. It will be for one off the coming days because I'm having a bit off a break.

Regards.

BzikDate: Friday, 27/January/2012, 5:06 PM | Message # 70
Baron
Ok, no hurry.

Ive read C2 mod section, is it possible to add random weather effects to random map? Or even make it interactive (for example - snow lowering morale, cannons cannot shoot while rain etc), do you think engine may support that?
Checked terrain generator, looks fine to me.
One thing - can you make unit numbers on unit icon a little bigger? Also, can you make green bar of creation progress little bigger to be better visible, or move it few pixels from side of icon? Maybe it will look better that way.
Today I'll try to resize C1 buildings to find some good quality, google search resulted in nice tutorial for photoshop - http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Be....5134419
If I get some decent results, I will send you files.

See Ya!

Added (27/January/2012, 5:06 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Hi Angel are you alive?:)

This is cavalry pack from BTW, without Dragoon and Mamluk.
http://www.mediafire.com/?gc2aq268jr9jb8i

I assume that youre busy, but please, if you can check for me two things:
1. GSC graphic bug? 17th century Dragoon in death senetnce (DRAH.gp) have saddle in red colour, not in national, like in other gp's. Do you have same?
2. Mamluk - MAMG.gp - I cant open it in GpArch, every time it crashes. Could you check this on your computer? If you can extract bmps from this particular gp, send me those please.

Forum » Cossacks II » Modding » @Bzik
Search: