[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Modding » Questions, suggestions, remarks and wishes to C2 BfE
Questions, suggestions, remarks and wishes to C2 BfE
aiidiiDate: Sunday, 04/December/2011, 8:23 PM | Message # 91
Count
Group: Checked
Awards: 3
Haters gonna hate!!!

I drink, therefore I am.

NowyDate: Thursday, 08/December/2011, 6:59 PM | Message # 92
Marquis
Group: Users
Awards: 1
Quote (aiidii)
Haters gonna hate!!!

What do you mean by this?
Is there any question, suggestion, remark or wish to C2 BfE?

Added (08/December/2011, 6:59 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Maximus in his thread about Hungarian units put many fine remarks and ideas to C2. I came to conclusion that there could be implemented more things. Therefore I update my wish list.

I would like to see in the game:

1. More complex order of battle, more units which can represent brigades, divisions, corps
2. Improved basic squads organisation e.g. company, battalion, squadron, regiment, battery
3. More different and properly done units include guard, elite, auxiliary, legionary, irregular
4. Supreme Commanders, Marshals, Generals, Chiefs and their Adjutants
5. Cavalry officers, trumpeters, light infantry buglers
6. More artillery guns, include horse and siege artillery which can create batteries and sections
7. Ammunition, military supply wagons which could create military horse trains
8. More responsibility for war engineers, sappers, miners, pioneers, pontoniers
9. Build and destroyable fortifications, tent camps, field works e.g. redoubts, fleches, scones
10. Build and destroyable pontoon or wooden made temporary bridges and pontoon carriages
11. More faction/nations e.g. Italian states, Ottoman Empire, Sweden
12. More sectors and maps in Battle for Europe Campaign with improved topography
13. Better scaled buildings, trees, cultivated fields, better ground and water textures,
14. Improved formations e.g. echelon and two line cavalry, skirmishers chain, infantry square
15. Improved battle tactic, no stacking formations, lower fire accuracy and casualties ratios
16. Improved units movement e.g. skirmishers should walk, no blind march cavalry, artillery
17. Improved cavalry action, hard pass through formations, gaps and intervals, fire and charge
18. Auto fire option and improved fire system e.g. all soldiers in column could not fire
19. POWs system
20. War surgeons and medical services
21. More battle and merchant ships, boats and drafts

These are a lot of things and great wishes. Few of these things are approachable in editor mode now. It should be implemented in skirmish and campaign game plays too. Nevertheless many these bigger improvements should/could be done by professional team. This is main problem and it looks like mission impossible. But who knows, maybe we’ll see these improvements in the game.

In my dreams GSC or CDV teams can develop something for Cossacks fans. All they as well as this fine game are worthy of prise.

MaximusDate: Friday, 09/December/2011, 11:31 AM | Message # 93
Noblemen
Awards: 0
I am impressed by the extensive amount of creative thoughts your thread offers. It's a remarkable thread indeed. I also admire your patience and persistence in order to achieve the CII anabiosis. However this is a romantic task and i am pretty sure that no CDV or GSC team is to try to reincarnate this excellent game. I know nothing about modding, I am just a player. BUT I have realised that if I want to make the game better I have to learn how to mod myself.
So, I came here to find answers in order to make my gaming experience deeper and more historically accurate. The last few years I found myself playing only with the austrian empire because IMO the austrian units are visually precise (from the historical aspect) and more ballanced. I am a napoleonic wars freak you see...
Therefore I am going to adopt your "21 commandments" dear sir. Let us make the first step by introducing the number 19=POWs system.
A proportion of the enemy troops fleeing the battlefield (let us say 30%) could return in a prisoners camp (3-4 tents located somewhere in your village from the start). Clicking on this camp you are able to see the number of your POWs. A quite immersive addition, dont you think?
Would anyone be kind enough to tell me if this is doable? Any more ideas?
Cheers

Message edited by Maximus - Friday, 09/December/2011, 6:34 PM

NowyDate: Saturday, 10/December/2011, 1:31 PM | Message # 94
Marquis
Thanks for such kind of words. It's a really extensive and creative thread.

When I started wrote here I did not think that it could be so interesting for common C2 players, because there were so many questions, suggestions, remarks and wishes to C2 BFE which shows how many things should/could be changed in this impressive game.
It was hard to believe that all these things could be implemented in the game.

But I like this game and as Napoleonic fan I would like to see here more things which could be attractive for Napoleonic enthusiasts and Cossacks players.
I do not find any computer games which can properly implement Napoleonic era. C2 looks like good platform to do it aesthetically acceptable and good enough for proper warfare. Problem is that there is a lot of things to do and professional work is must. Modders here can not help too much. There were reasons why I put few remarks according GSC and cdv developers teams. But it looks that they got their own problems and can not get back to this old game.

Therefore any bigger changes in C2 still are not done, but we can discus what and how it could be done. Even bigger modifications will not done and this thread will be only sophisticated case. There still are what if questions.

Quote (Maximus)
So, I came here to find answers in order to make my gaming experience deeper and more historically accurate. The last few years I found myself playing only with the austrian empire because IMO the austrian units are visually precise (from the historical aspect) and more ballanced. I am a napoleonic wars freak you see...

Yes, Austrian units are visually precise, however their ballance have some glitches which are common for all other units.
I appreciate historically accuracy, because I am inteested in Napoleonic Wars. Therefore I found many incorrect things in C2 as well as in other games.
Nevertheless C2 game have much more good things than any other games based on that period.

Message edited by Nowy - Saturday, 10/December/2011, 1:38 PM

aiidiiDate: Sunday, 04/March/2012, 10:47 PM | Message # 95
Count
Quote (EbelAngel)
aiidii,

2 off those form a square with flank defense. I just tried it out quickly, this one was for 60 units. But I assume you can set it up for 120 or larger.
Or 4 for a bigger square.

Did you know that some off those formations in your picture are already setup in game. You can find them in Data\orders.lst ( open with notepad).
Some are used, others carried over from previous games, disabled or just not used.

Its not hard to enable any off them.

I've looked in that file and I R confused a lot. I did try changing some formations. At first try the game went ctd mode when I tried to run it. On second try I managed to get into the game but no formations were changed in one of my saved games. That file has dozens of formations. Which ones are those used in the game? Okay, I know it's line, column and square and it has to be 120 men. That still leaves me with many formations. And is orders.lst the only file I have to work with to change formation type?

Cheers
aiidii

I drink, therefore I am.

EbelAngelDate: Monday, 05/March/2012, 12:50 PM | Message # 96
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Quote (aiidii)
And is orders.lst the only file I have to work with to change formation type?

No, it isnt, but make a new thread about this , else Nowy is gonna complain again that this isnt about "suggestion, remarks and wishes to C2 Bfe" wink

I'll explain which other files are involved in changing formations style.

NowyDate: Monday, 05/March/2012, 5:21 PM | Message # 97
Marquis
Quote (EbelAngel)

No, it isnt, but make a new thread about this , else Nowy is gonna complain again that this isnt about "suggestion, remarks and wishes to C2 Bfe"

Exactly, I am gonna to complain this was quite short, technical remak.
However that was some kind of suggestion, remark or wish to C2 BfE, but this thread grew to extensive amount of creative thoughts.
Now it looks as like subforum to discuss all issues. wink

Nevethless I still got some ideas or wishes in that matter.

aiidiiDate: Monday, 05/March/2012, 9:18 PM | Message # 98
Count
fudge blahblah

I drink, therefore I am.

NowyDate: Tuesday, 06/March/2012, 9:07 AM | Message # 99
Marquis
Quote (aiidii)

This was quite useless massage.
However you,re pulling my leg!

Therefore I cast general suggestion - do not take every remark about your question too serious, but be little bit more serious when you express your emotions, because all wishes to C2 BfE are more important than poke fun.

Treat some remarks in jest, but do not offence anybody. People want read there someting about C2 and not about your emotions I suppose. Do not take it offensive, it was only my remarks to main subject in this thread.

If you feel hurt I apologize for such remarks.

Message edited by Nowy - Tuesday, 06/March/2012, 9:10 AM

aiidiiDate: Tuesday, 06/March/2012, 9:58 AM | Message # 100
Count
Well, I hope you get your wish.

bye

I drink, therefore I am.

Forum » Cossacks II » Modding » Questions, suggestions, remarks and wishes to C2 BfE
Search: