Sword & Arrow: European Wars Mod
The mod will focus on the European nations during the 1200, 1300 & early 1400. No gunpowder units will be available, keeping with historic accuracy. Each nation will have a unique unit historically associated with that particular nation e.g. England- Longbowman. The unique unit will incorporate an increased attack/defense ability.
Nations available (initial)
- Holy Roman Empire
Game will be done one nation at a time (starting with England) which will enable me to get each nation as spot on as possible and testing each nations structure and game balance issues.
- When arrows are shot, a quantity of wood and iron is depleted from your resources
- When some units are created (depending on what equipment it uses e.g. swordsman) it requires certain resources to keep the game realistic as possible, e.g. coal is required as the blacksmith would need this to fire his forge to create weapons and armour, food is required to physically create and train the unit, iron is required for the weapons and armour the unit uses and gold is used to pay for all this, wood is also used on some units such as pikeman, longbowmen etc. as these units use wood in their weaponry.
- Mercenaries available, quick to build, but weaker attack/defense (this is due to a mercenary group not being loyal, they are not fighting for their nation but for a salary. Mercenaries deplete gold as they are being paid for their service.
- Keeping with original engine, 16,000 units are available on the map at any-one time making for impressive battles on such a large scale.
- Formation sizes are unknown at this stage, if you can provide information on what standard formation sizes for each unit type were this would be appreciated.
- The mod will keep the original morale system intact.
……(more info to be added)
List of units and buildings:
- Longbowmen (unique unit)
- Flag bearer
- Light cavalry
- Heavy foot soldier
Units (non military)
- Stone tower
- Wood tower
- Archery Range
- Wooden stakes
Buildings (non military)
- Town centre
- Mine (stone, gold, iron, coal)
I am after help with this mod also, I can handle the units animation fine, its more the building animations I struggle with such as castles, towers etc. Also if anyone can do unit animations this would be massively appreciated and would speed game progress up, any ideas and historical information would also be greatly appreciated. So if you share a passion for this period of warfare, please help out and get on board!
imperator1961 at Civ Fanatics has been kind enough to let me use some of his units for the mod, I will only using a few, as they are too good not to use, I will be creating the rest myself. Now as Civ 3 only uses South, South West, West, North West and North animation frames and American Conquest uses 9 West angle frames (it mirrors the animation for the East angle frames) I am in the process of working around this so I can use a few of imperator1961 units.
Heres a screenshot with more to come, keep in mind that this is only the initial screenshot of some of the units, the quality of the image is reduced, the units will appear a lot more cleaner in the final release, I packed this unit frames with MegaPack on low quality:
Some of the units: