Sword & Arrow: European Wars Mod
peteDate: Thursday, 07/October/2010, 3:33 PM | Message # 21
Count
Group: Modders
Awards: 0
Quote (|hwk|poppen)
ADDED
also. is the crusades gonna be in this?

Yes will definetely be adding the Crusades once the main nations up, so eventually Saracens & Turkey will be added, plus extra units for the European nations such as Templars and Hospitaler units, this will be addressed later though once the initial mod is complete.

The Crusades is on of my more interested subjets of Medieval times so it will certainly be added to the game at a later stage.

Added (07/October/2010, 3:21 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Another discussion point, should cavarly units be able to be garrisoned inside castles? If this agreed upon I think that the cavarly unit takes up 2 spots in the castle. Will have to work a way to mod this.

Added (07/October/2010, 3:33 PM)
One thing I forgot to mention is ships, upon thinking about it I decided rather than make a new ship from scratch which would be very time consuming, we could use the ships from American Conquest, I think they are ideal, obviously the frigate won't be used as its no time period, but I think this ship below is ideal, I'm hoping someone who wants to help can texture over the side cannons, if someone has a good colour matching eye you can even use free program such as GIMP to do this, I can send all the frames over if you do not know how to acess the animations. Otherwise I don't mind doing this myself, I'm just trying to focus on the units at the moment.

The ships in this mod will shoot the fire arrows that we see in Cossacks & American Conquest, as I think this is the best realistic look as we can't really have men boarding each others ships arrows is the next best thing.

[hwk]poppenDate: Thursday, 07/October/2010, 11:28 PM | Message # 22
The master of Pike and shot
Group: Moderators
Awards: 2
I think calv should go in the castles. but i dont think they should count as 2 men. most castles had stables etc in them. so horses were a norm. just cont the people

Non progredi est regredi

[hwk]poppenDate: Thursday, 07/October/2010, 11:29 PM | Message # 23
it would also be easyer to make a ship for the period then redo a bunch of bmp's

Non progredi est regredi

peteDate: Friday, 08/October/2010, 9:28 AM | Message # 24
Count
Quote (|hwk|poppen)
I think calv should go in the castles. but i dont think they should count as 2 men. most castles had stables etc in them. so horses were a norm. just cont the people

Yes true, so just leave it as 1 count for each cavarly unit.

Quote (|hwk|poppen)
it would also be easyer to make a ship for the period then redo a bunch of bmp's

Yeh I was thinking of that also, but the ship is close, a lot of ships that were such as the above one were converted from older ships to house cannons, and evolved from those designs, but I am happy for either. What do you think?

Added (08/October/2010, 9:28 Am)
Are we happy with this fire arrow for the ships to fire?:

All archer units will also feature this fire arrow animation when attacking buildings.

[hwk]poppenDate: Friday, 08/October/2010, 10:54 PM | Message # 25
i disagree with the fire arrow. its a nice idea. i might need to research that

Non progredi est regredi

peteDate: Saturday, 09/October/2010, 9:43 AM | Message # 26
Count
Quote (|hwk|poppen)
i disagree with the fire arrow. its a nice idea. i might need to research that

Yeh wasnt sure on that. What would you suggest the ships could fire?

[hwk]poppenDate: Saturday, 09/October/2010, 3:52 PM | Message # 27
well. "The earliest galley specification comes from an order of Charles I of Sicily, in 1275 AD (in both Bass & Pryor). Overall length 39.30 m, keel length 28.03 m, depth 2.08 m. Hull width 3.67 m. Width between outriggers 4.45 m. 108 oars, most 6.81 m long, some 7.86 m, 2 steering oars 6.03 m long. Foremast and middle mast respectively heights 16.08 m, 11.00 m; circumference both 0.79 m, yard lengths 26.72 m, 17.29 m. Overall deadweight tonnage approximately 80 metric tons. This type of vessel had two, later three, men on a bench, each working his own oar. This vessel had much longer oars than the Athenian trireme which were 4.41 m & 4.66 m long (Morrison p269). This type of warship was called galia sottil (Landström). According to Landström, the Medieval galleys had no rams as boarding was considered more important method of warfare than ramming."

so im guessing. that have the arrow. or make a bunch of men fighting on the boat ( wich i man make.) and make them come close to eah other and fight? it looks like the range on the arrow will need to be close to where the boats are side by side, and fighting boarding etc

Non progredi est regredi

peteDate: Saturday, 09/October/2010, 4:31 PM | Message # 28
Count
Thanks for the info poppen, I like your idea!

[hwk]poppenDate: Saturday, 09/October/2010, 4:33 PM | Message # 29
anytime. also may i suggest trabusays be stationary. but able to rotate. and cadapults move?

Non progredi est regredi

OssDate: Tuesday, 12/October/2010, 6:49 AM | Message # 30
Count
Group: Checked
Yeah I was thinking trbuchets be buildable from a siege engineer. This only makes sense unless you want to try the Age of empires way.

Forum » American Conquest » Modding » Sword & Arrow: European Wars Mod
Search: