[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: [hwk]poppen, Ienzo  
Forum » American Conquest » Modding » Sword & Arrow: European Wars Mod
Sword & Arrow: European Wars Mod
peteDate: Tuesday, 12/October/2010, 11:59 AM | Message # 31
Count
Group: Modders
Awards: 0
Yeh I agree with you both. Only problem I see with that as i mentioned to OSS is how do you know where to build the treb with the engineer to put it at the right distance to reach the castle or tower you are firing at? Should it be made to be dismantled as well and then build again? I always liked the idea of it being pushed around packed up with 4 men (who also do the loading and firing animation) much like a cannon, that way it can be moved anywhere on the map?

And totally agree catapaults should be moveable by the crew, but they shouldnt play much of a role in a battle, more attack against buildings, I never liked the unrealistic catapaults in age of empires 2 taking out so many units.

[hwk]poppenDate: Tuesday, 12/October/2010, 1:25 PM | Message # 32
The master of Pike and shot
Group: Moderators
Awards: 2
hmm.... its very possable to do the trab that way. do u think the best way to move it is to do ity age of empires sty;e

Non progredi est regredi

peteDate: Tuesday, 12/October/2010, 1:55 PM | Message # 33
Count
It would sort of be like that, but more realistic as it has the crew, and not just some treb wandering around on its own like in age of empires 2. what do you think? At least that way it can be moved anywhere you want on the map and you can place it to fire any distance you want. The engineer building it is a great idea, but practicality because it is fixed would be an issue. Although an engineer building it could work, you just delete it when your finished and build another when you need it, but then how to the crew work into that when loading and firing animations they just appear?

Added (12/October/2010, 1:55 PM)
---------------------------------------------
I'm just working on the heavy foot soldier (man at arms) unit.

Do you guys think we should also have dismounted knights, they did fight in battles when horses werent strategically used/needed. They would be a heavily armoured but slow moving unit.

[hwk]poppenDate: Tuesday, 12/October/2010, 10:47 PM | Message # 34
yes. also i was thinking during class today. you could have the "pesents" fold up the 4 "platform " things that keep the treb ballanced. and then have it on wheels. and them pull it. it would be a very slow unit

Non progredi est regredi

peteDate: Wednesday, 13/October/2010, 12:39 PM | Message # 35
Count
Quote (|hwk|poppen)
yes. also i was thinking during class today. you could have the "pesents" fold up the 4 "platform " things that keep the treb ballanced. and then have it on wheels. and them pull it. it would be a very slow unit

I think thats a great idea! They could pack it up into a cart like object and push it. It would be realistic if it was slow I think, doesnt have to be super slow but slow enough. When you think about it in warfare you faced your enemy on the battlefield and if you defeated it you layed siege to the town so having the trebs with your army would make sense.

What do you think oss?

[hwk]poppenDate: Wednesday, 13/October/2010, 6:22 PM | Message # 36
http://www.civfanatics.com/images/civ4/warlords/trebuchet_ca.gif
seems as if u dont need to fold it up at all. also. pete. can u catch me on msn so i can ask u some questions

Non progredi est regredi

peteDate: Thursday, 14/October/2010, 11:59 AM | Message # 37
Count
Quote (|hwk|poppen)
http://www.civfanatics.com/images/civ4/warlords/trebuchet_ca.gif
seems as if u dont need to fold it up at all. also. pete. can u catch me on msn so i can ask u some questions

Yeh I see what you mean, could just have it on wheels and pushed around, although it being packed up would be more realistic?

IenzoDate: Thursday, 14/October/2010, 12:17 PM | Message # 38
Viscount
Interesting...
biggrin

Update your Cossacks and American Conquest Icons to a more modern look!
Ditch Windows, use Linux and still use the best RTS game in the world Cossacks!

peteDate: Thursday, 14/October/2010, 12:33 PM | Message # 39
Count
Quote (Ienzo)
Interesting...

What do think Ienzo? Any ideas for the mod? Help is always appreciated biggrin

[hwk]poppenDate: Thursday, 14/October/2010, 1:15 PM | Message # 40
well it shows it built like that. so why would it be un realistic?

Non progredi est regredi

Forum » American Conquest » Modding » Sword & Arrow: European Wars Mod
Search: