EMOM v184.108.40.206 GV220.127.116.11.4446 - Ebel's Map Option Mod version 18.104.22.168 Game version 22.214.171.124.4446
(1) fixes to existing random map masks,
(2) new random map masks bringing more variety, particularly for 8 player maps,
(3) more room to build on 2 player maps compared to some maps previously being split in 4,
(4) 3 new map shape options : lakes, coastal and river random maps.
(5) 2 new terrain type options : desert and arctic maps.
(6) New peace time options : 5 and 15 minutes.
(7) Diplomatic center options: with or without diplomatic center or expensive mercenaries.
(8) Market options: with or without market or with a market with lower prices.
(9) Warship options: with or without warships.
(10) Artillery options: default, no cannons, no howitzers, no multibarrels, no mortars, no cannons/howitzers, no artillery or expensive artillery.
(11) Defences options: default, no walls, no towers, no palisades, no walls/towers, no defences or expensive defences
(12) New additional start options: 17th century barracks, log Cabins or a small village .
(13) New resources start options: 10000, 50000, 100000 and 500000.
(14) New map size option : Gigantic x6
(15) Added a small amount of gold to following additional start option : cannons, towers and cannons & howitzers to cover for the initial maintenance cost.
(16) On 18th century barracks start option: one fewer Log Cabin (4 -> 3) for Ukraine, one fewer 17th barracks for Ukraine (5 -> 4), Algeria and Turkey (4 -> 3) (they are already overpowered enough as it is on 0 pt games, but more specifically to not cause issues on islands maps, where some of these buildings might spawn in water.)
(17) 2 extra towers for the 'towers' start option, Ukraine gets 2 Log Cabins (previously they would get nothing).
(18) Lowered the number of peasants Turkey/Algeria get on start option 'Army of Peasants', they previously would get many more than any other nation.
(19) A market is no longer a requirement to build a Harbour (to accommodate for the new no market option) and is replaced by blacksmith
(20) Art depot is no longer a requirement and is replaced by 'stable' as a requirement to research 18th century upgrade to accommodate for the new no artillery option.
(21) Peasants can now build up to 24 buildings in a queue when holding down shift (previously 12).
(22) Global unit limit has been increased to 24000 (previously 16000). - Obsolete since latest patch (=32000)
(23) Increased the amount of 'fixed' stone patches which spawn near a player's base and reduced the amount of 'random' stone patches which could generate on the map, this often led to situations where one player only had 3 stone patches and another 6 or 7. With this change, everyone should get at least 5, there is still a small chance of some extra stones appearing through the "decoration" patterns. one exception to this might be a small island map, on which there often isnt enough space to generate the stone patches. Strongly advised to play islands on 2x mapsize.
(24) Translation for the new options is done for all languages.
Some samples of the new random map masks:
Land maps (no water)
Coastal maps (new)
1. Fixes to existing vanilla random map masks:
Startpoints: Some original maps had their start points too close to each other which led to situations under certain start settings on normal maps that were unplayable:
Eg; Start option : 18th century barracks ; nation: Ukraine, Turkey, Algeria; This would put blockhouses and 17th barracks which these nations receive on start in odd places such as in water or outside of the map.
Because of this, the minimum distance to water/corners/edges has to be at least 0,7 cm for each start point.(East-West) Relative to each other at least 1,5 cm; but preferably a lot more or 0 pt games with these start options will lead to blockhouses killing another players' peasants right at start of game. I strongly suggest minimum 2 cm between start points.
List of fixed masks:
7pl_mask_nowater_1_gauss.tga : 2 most Eastern start positions were too close to each other, leading to odd situations under certain start conditions (with blockhouses). They have been moved further away from each other.
4pl_mask_continent_78_gauss.tga : the 4 start spots in the center were way too close, leading to peasants getting killed by blockhouses at start of game. Some blockhouses even overlap (AOP start option, 18th barrack start option)
4pl_mask_continent_88_gauss.tga : lower left start spot made barracks spawn in water.
7pl_mask_continent_3_gauss.tga: 2 western start spots moved because peasants were spawning in water becoming unusable.
7pl_mask_continent_6_gauss.tga: 2 starting spots (lower east and west) were making barracks spawn in water.
7pl_mask_continent_8_gauss.tga: top west start spot was too close to water making barracks/peasants spawn in water.
7pl_mask_continent_11_gauss.tga: middle western starting spot was too close to water, leading to barracks and blockhouses spawning in water.
7pl_mask_continent_14_gauss.tga: 2 top start spots too close to water. The eastern barracks makes serdiuks spawn in water and these cannot be moved on to land.
7pl_mask_continent_18_gauss.tga: top left start spot was a bit too close to water making a blockhouse spawn in water.
4pl_mask_mediterranean_4_gauss.tga: fixed 2 west start spots being too close to the corner.
4pl_mask_mediterranean_8_gauss.tga: fixed east start spot being too close to edge of map.
4pl_mask_mediterranean_14_gauss.tga: fixed lower right start spot, was too close to corner of map.
4pl_mask_mediterranean_15_gauss.tga: fixed 2 center spots being too close, blockhouses killing each others peasants at start of game.
4pl_mask_mediterranean_17_gauss.tga: fixed top right start spot being to close to the corner.
4pl_mask_mediterranean_22_gauss.tga: fixed eastern start spot being too close to water.
4pl_mask_mediterranean_25_gauss.tga: fixed 2 start spots being to close to water/border.
4pl_mask_mediterranean_28_gauss.tga: fixed 1 start spot being too close to the corner.
4pl_mask_mediterranean_30_gauss.tga: fixed 1 start spot being too close to water.
4pl_mask_mediterranean_33_gauss.tga: fixed 1 start spot being too close to the corner.
4pl_mask_mediterranean_36_gauss.tga: fixed 1 start spot being too close to the corner.
4pl_mask_mediterranean_55_gauss.tga: fixed 1 start spot being too close to the corner.
4pl_mask_mediterranean_67_gauss.tga: fixed 2 start spots that were too close to edge of map/water.
4pl_mask_mediterranean_69_gauss.tga: fixed 2 start spots that were too close to the edge of map.
4pl_mask_mediterranean_71_gauss.tga: fixed 3 start spots being too close to edge of map.
4pl_mask_mediterranean_72_gauss.tga: fixed 3 start points being too close to edge/water.
4pl_mask_mediterranean_73_gauss.tga: fixed 4 starts spots, all being too close to the map edge.
4pl_mask_mediterranean_74_gauss.tga: fixed all 4 spots, having insufficient space for 18th barracks option.
4pl_mask_mediterranean_75_gauss.tga: fixed all 4 spots, being too close, blockhouses were killing peasants at start of game, blockhouses overlapped.
4pl_mask_mediterranean_79_gauss.tga: fixed 3 start spots being too close to the edge of map.
4pl_mask_mediterranean_83_gauss.tga: fixed 1 start spot being too close to the corner.
4pl_mask_mediterranean_84_gauss.tga: fixed all 4 spots, too close to map border, putting blockhouses outside of map.
4pl_mask_mediterranean_86_gauss.tga: fixed 2 start spots putting blockhouses outside of the map.
7pl_mask_mediterranean_1_gauss.tga: 3 start spots too close to the map border, placing blockhouses outside of the map.
7pl_mask_mediterranean_10_gauss.tga: fixed 1 start spot being too close to eastern map border.
2. What's new: 736 new random map masks
2.1 196 new random land maps (no water) :
- added 14 new 2 player random land maps (no water) which split up the map in half giving more space compared to previous maps using a 4 way division.
- added 21 new 3 player random land maps (no water) which split up the map three way giving more space compared to previous maps using a 4 way division.
- added 32 new 4 player random land maps (no water) splitting the map 4 way, bringing more variation compared to the previous map only using the corners.
- added 32 new 5 player random land maps (no water) splitting the map 5 way, bringing more variation compared to the previous 4 maps being used.
- added 32 new 6 player random land maps (no water) splitting the map 6 way, bringing more variation compared to the previous 4 maps being used.
- added 42 new 7 player random land maps (no water) splitting the map 7 way, bringing more variation compared to the previous 4 maps being used.
- added 32 new 8 player random land maps (no water) splitting the map 8 way, bringing more variation compared to only 1 map being used previously.
2.2 Added 151 new random lake maps supporting 2 to 8 players.
2.3 Added 57 new random coastal maps supporting 2 to 8 players.
2.4 Added 157 new random river maps supporting 2 to 8 players.
2.5 Added 48 new random continent maps:
- 32 new 2 player random continent maps splitting up the map in half giving more space compared to previous maps using a 4 way division.
- 16 new 8 player random continent maps giving more variety compared to previously only 1 map being used.
2.6 Added 10 new random continents maps for 8 players, as opposed to only 1 map being available previously.
2.7 Added 10 new random island maps for 8 players, as opposed to only 1 map being available previously.
2.8 7 new random peninsula maps for 8 players
2.9 Added 100 new random mediterranean maps:
- Added 33 new random mediterranean maps for 8 players, as opposed to only 1 map being available previously.
- Added 56 new random mediterranean maps for 2 players, splitting the map in half giving more space compared to previous maps using a 4 way division.
All maps saved in .tga type 10 , 24 bits, rle compressed, gaussian blur format as the vanilla one's.
- Test version
- Added map fixes
- Added new lakes/rivers/coastal maps
- Added new start options
- Added localisation
- Update after DLC release
- Added new art/Defense options
- Localisation for new options
- blacksmith as req for harbour instead of market
- replaced art depot as req for 18th cen upgrade with stable.
- Fixed some localisation strings
- Map Size Test (720/Gigantic)
- Fixed some Russian/Ukranian/German localisations for mod.
- Secondary market desk with different prices as option.
- Workshop Test version
- Stamped version number in Main Menu for workshop test version.
- Peasants can now build up to 24 buildings in a queue (with shift), previously 12 .
- Global unit limit has been increased to 24000 (previously 16000). - Obsolete since latest patch (=32000)
- Updating to latest game patch , version 126.96.36.199.4425
- Adding desert maps as a new option.
- Updating to latest game version, 188.8.131.52.4440
- adding artic maps as new option.
- Updating to latest game version, 184.108.40.206.4444
- Fine tuned rnd map gen, resources gen a bit.
- Updating to latest game version, 220.127.116.11.4446
- Added desert plateaus, fine tuned gen some more so there is more open space.
- Ai does not perform well with the 'no market ' option, it is still the original AI which uses stone/market.
- Weird grass texture on east/south border on normal maps on desert and artic maps.
- Black spots around mines on artic maps, need to redo these mine patterns.
Special thanks to
Thanks to following people for checking the translations:
[KGR]-^K[o]K^- - Czech
[GDF]Warren - Polish
Francesco_Cavalli - Italian
Foeurdr - French
Carlos - Spanish
Mark Kandaurov - Ukrainian
Mark Kandaurov - Russian
Atabey - Turkish
Anderstein - German