[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Daddio, EbelAngel  
Forum » Cossacks II » Modding » Questions, suggestions, remarks and wishes to C2 BfE
Questions, suggestions, remarks and wishes to C2 BfE
[BiH]AmArDate: Tuesday, 02/February/2010, 12:44 PM | Message # 21
Knight
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
Quote (Nowy)
Little do they know, the most fun actually happens in the kitchen and not at the table.

And then why women complain about it :P )

Back to topic : Can you make simple airplanes on cossacks 2 ?

EbelAngelDate: Tuesday, 02/February/2010, 1:14 PM | Message # 22
Site Administrator
Group: Administrators
Awards: 7
Quote (|BiH|AmAr)
And then why women complain about it :P )

Because making fun on your own isn't as nice as with more people bunny

Quote (|BiH|AmAr)
Back to topic : Can you make simple airplanes on cossacks 2 ?

Hardly on topic whistling but if the model is 3D or 2D for all directions: pretty sure that it would work. You can make stuff fly on the gsc engine, and as such it doesnt matter what the model is, i bet you can make cows fly trough the air if that's what your in to... bunny

[BiH]AmArDate: Tuesday, 02/February/2010, 8:48 PM | Message # 23
Knight
Not only flying,they must shoot and scout too.
who make such stuff as 3d or 2d models ?

Message edited by [BiH]AmAr - Tuesday, 02/February/2010, 8:49 PM

EbelAngelDate: Tuesday, 02/February/2010, 10:46 PM | Message # 24
Site Administrator
Quote (|BiH|AmAr)
who make such stuff as 3d or 2d models ?

Who or how?
Who: anyone with a version of 3D Max, maya or any 3 D modeling program.
How: kinda hard to explain, not good at it myself, but plenty of tutorials available on the net on how to create models.

Quote (|BiH|AmAr)
Not only flying,they must shoot and scout too.

Flying & shooting is set up in the md files, but scouting, I don't know if thats possible unless scripted in a scenario.

[BiH]AmArDate: Tuesday, 02/February/2010, 11:39 PM | Message # 25
Knight
Ok i only ask for curiosity

NowyDate: Tuesday, 02/February/2010, 11:54 PM | Message # 26
Marquis
Group: Users
Awards: 1
Quote ("EbelAngel")
Well, the main reason why I started on 1.2 is that more people have this version. .....

... This may not make sense from a users point of view, but it surely does from a modders point of view.

OK, I understand your point, however I think that 1.3 version could be little bit better choice because it was add-on to 1.2 which had few things more as like mentioned 3 new nations, more units, buildings and sectors for BfE mode, new balance, units statistics etc.

Quote ("EbelAngel")
Setting up the formations is one of the last things I will do, I first need to get all the units working and decide which units will be part of a nation, otherwise it's a waste of time setting up formations and then realising certain units arent gonna make the final mod and having to redo stuff. I work in a logical order and as such, I'm no where near the stage of working on formations.

Hm, setting up the formations (strength, size) could help improve few another things too. I pointed this suggestion earlier and can put it again.

New formation strength as like less men for infantry formation 80 instead 120 takes opportunity for:
* faster units squads creation, then will be more formations in the field and they will can go in actions faster too
* less men will waiting usless near military buildings and player will not need stupidly slaughter them there
* less men will fly away from destroyed formations and it could have positive effect on less lags in the game I think
* better look in the game, if someone can make little bit bigger size for column and square formations and all formations could be little bit less crowded too
* use better historically relations/ratios

Two types for cavalry squads (squadron = 15 men and regiment= include from 2 to 4 squadrons) and new two types for Cossacks sotnias and Cossacks regiments are also necessary in the game. At last this game was named Cossacks II and they should be better represented in this game.

EDIT: Cossacks units should/could be more represented in the game which was named Cossacks. Russia had numerous and many different Cossacks tribes and some irregular mounted units too. It will be fine when few of them can be implement in the game.

Artillery batteries as formations existed even in older C1, however they did not work as well as I like there, nevertheless it should be implemented in C2. The more so as artillery batteries were common artillery organisation at that period.
EDIT: Artillery battery as artillery unit in the game will be wellcome. It was standard artillery organisation at that period which include not only cannons, howitzers and limbers but also many four weel ammunition wagons and some supply wagoons. Therefore artillery was hard in manouvres and slowly on roads and on battlefields.

I know that it is not so easy make all these things better, but it is necessary.

Quote ("EbelAngel")
Not sure what you mean with 'someone else have it', but if you are looking for information or pictures on my mod, you will not find any, as I'm not the kind of person that shows off half finished work.

I only want to know if somebody is working on C2 BfE or had any suggestions and remarks how to mod this game and what kind of moddification will be prefered there.

Glad that you are working on C2 and understand that you do not want to show your half finished work. However it could be interesting and can help you sometimes. Discusion also could solve some problems and put some good ideas, isn't it. I do not want to be rude, only think that nobody is perfect and good questions and suggestions could be well come.

Quote ("EbelAngel")
On a side note, why dont you learn how to mod Cossacks II a bit, you may be able to help me, it surely would speed up things, and you got good idea's. It's not so hard after all, I mean, I never studied anything that has to do with computers ( I got a master in Hotelmanagement), so if I can do this, anyone can...

Good question, why I do not learn how to mod C2?

So many improvements and new ideas are necessary in C2 and good modding needs a lot of professional work there.
I have any experience in game modding and learning needs time. Nevetheless I know something about Napoleonic Wars and Cossacks II too. Can make historical research and many suggestions for game improvements which I show in this thread. Maybe this way I can also help you.

Message edited by Nowy - Thursday, 13/May/2010, 8:51 PM

EbelAngelDate: Wednesday, 03/February/2010, 6:11 AM | Message # 27
Site Administrator
Quote (Nowy)
however I think that 1.3 version could be little bit better choice because it was add-on to 1.2 which had few things more as like mentioned 3 new nations, more units, buildings and sectors for BfE mode, new balance, units statistics etc.

It's a matter of timing, I will evidently make all my additions available for BFE aswell in time. That being said, the other way around works aswell ( adding those 3 new nations to NW)

Quote (Nowy)
Hm, setting up the formations (strength, size) could help improve few another things too.

Again a matter of timing, I will work on formations aswell, but later.

Quote (Nowy)
I only want to know if somebody is working on C2 BfE or had any suggestions and remarks how to mod this game and what kind of moddification will be prefered there.

Ah, I misunderstood you at first then. There is one person I know ( from germany) who has been working on and off on a mod for BFE, but to tell you the truth, he's been on it for, I dont know 3 years and nothing has come out there. He used to announce a ground breaking mod on the german cdv forum , announced release dates only to never meet the deadline. This is one example of what I meant with 'giving people false hope'. I talked to him recently, I saw his work and to be honest, for someone working on it for 3 years, I wasn't impressed. Mainly a few small cosmetic changes and the implementation of an 'old guard' system. Hardly worth the name 'a mod'.

However, there may be someone else working on BFE, WhiteCrow of IG clan. I saw he registered this week here and talked to him trough mail yesterday. I was gonna say he or his brother made a mod before, but on close inspection I can't see which one ( I though the Allied Offensive mod was made by them, but apparently not, ) I got a bit confused here. i'm gonna have to check the cdv forums again, cause I'm pretty sure I'v seen posts from whitecrow about modding.

For the rest there is [HWK]Poppen making an American Revolution mod on Cossacks II. Already seen some screenies of an american map in the Battle for Europe Campaign Mode. It's different then the Napoleonic era, but may proove to be a good mod aswell.

For the rest I dont know if anyone else is modding Cossacks II.

Quote (Nowy)
However it could be interesting and can help you sometimes. Discusion also could solve some problems and put some good ideas, isn't it. I do not want to be rude, only think that nobody is perfect and good questions and suggestions could be well come.

Mye, good point. Evidently I'm far from perfect and even if I release my mod, it will be preluded by a test and a demo version to a small group of people to test for errors.
But it is a good point about maybe releasing a few pictures and some information in order to see what people think. Thing is, everything is subject to change and as such, I hate having to update released pictures of things constantly whenever a change is made. But I will take it into consideration.

Regards

DaddioDate: Thursday, 04/February/2010, 1:58 AM | Message # 28
Marquis
Group: Moderators
Awards: 4
White Crow's mod was called The "IG" mod. I had it at one time, but lost it during a hard drive upgrade that I made. It seems to not be available anywhere now, not even on the IG site.

Problem with it was that it was only in polish.

Daddio

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b455/Billy_Jo_Patrick/cossacks2_art_03_zpsel8tgwad.jpg

EbelAngelDate: Thursday, 04/February/2010, 2:02 AM | Message # 29
Site Administrator
Quote (Daddio)
White Crow's mod was called The "IG" mod. I had it at one time, but lost it during a hard drive upgrade that I made. It seems to not be available anywhere now, not even on the IG site.

Ah, that makes sense. Whitecrow added me to his msn today, but I wasn't here, was going out with some friends, but if I see him i'll ask him about it.

NowyDate: Thursday, 04/February/2010, 11:13 AM | Message # 30
Marquis
Group: Users
Awards: 1
Quote ("Daddio")

Right, it was IG mod, White Crow change there some units, their statistics and balance, but it not solve major problems of this game I think. It was fine that he prepare this mod but it still did not show realistic napoleonic warfare e.g. military tactic, units strength, army organisation, problems with atilley and few other importand questions was not improved there. Nevertheless he made this mod and had some experience in modding C2 BfE.

Forum » Cossacks II » Modding » Questions, suggestions, remarks and wishes to C2 BfE
Search: