[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: [hwk]poppen, Ienzo  
Forum » American Conquest » Modding » Sword & Arrow: European Wars Mod
Sword & Arrow: European Wars Mod
OssDate: Thursday, 21/October/2010, 2:02 AM | Message # 71
Count
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
Medieval units book should arrive soon with all the correct costumes so I will be able to start work on the English mounted knights, swordsman, pikemen etc.

Oh JOY!

For the archer I can edit the weapon nds and unit md for range. thing and make them fire like they did back then. ei Make the arrow fly high then fall on the enemy. I have done this with the native American archers in default AC and to be honest, is really cool especially if you have alot of troops firing at once.
Maybe a little l8te to be talking about this though.

captureable (I don't know this word exist but I hope you know what I mean :P
lol Yeah its a word.

[hwk]poppenDate: Thursday, 21/October/2010, 3:05 AM | Message # 72
The master of Pike and shot
Group: Moderators
Awards: 2
oss i have a job for u if u can grab msn

Non progredi est regredi

peteDate: Thursday, 21/October/2010, 1:29 PM | Message # 73
Count
Group: Modders
Quote (Cichor)
Militia should be armed in spears. Spear (2 meters long) was easy and chip to produced weapon. Eventually some kind of shield, and light armor - maybe something similar to leather. Other option is to armed milita in maces or short swords.
In my opinion captureable (I don't know this word exist but I hope you know what I mean :P) militia is great mistake. I don't know much about AC engine and morale system but my suggest is to decrease morale and that all (stats too of course).
My proposition is about number of militia. Number should be related with number of houses, fortesses and another building. Big city - great number of militia, small town - a little group of militia.

Agree with you.
Militia wont be able to be captured, was just wondering the thoughts.

Added (21/October/2010, 8:43 Am)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (Oss)
For the archer I can edit the weapon nds and unit md for range. thing and make them fire like they did back then. ei Make the arrow fly high then fall on the enemy. I have done this with the native American archers in default AC and to be honest, is really cool especially if you have alot of troops firing at once.
Maybe a little l8te to be talking about this though.

Sounds like an excellent idea, that's exactly the trajectory the arrows took. Its not too late at all, I haven't even touched the MD and MDS files yet.

Added (21/October/2010, 11:11 Am)
This is the coat of arms England will use in the game, it isnt really a massive issue which one is used in the below pic, I am going to use the single lion one as it is more visible with small units. Flagbears and buildings will probably carry the 3 lion design as they can be larger:

Any objections?

Added (21/October/2010, 1:27 PM)
I may also do the combined coat of arms that the english also used which indicated the french/norman ancestry:

Added (21/October/2010, 1:29 PM)
Also thinking of whether the longbow grabs his arrow from a quiver on his back, or has them stuck in the ground and grabs them to fire. Im thinking quiver would best suit the animation.

[hwk]poppenDate: Thursday, 21/October/2010, 6:48 PM | Message # 74
yes. unless u wanting him running around with little arrows fallowing him lol

Non progredi est regredi

OssDate: Friday, 22/October/2010, 4:35 AM | Message # 75
Count
Group: Checked
unless u wanting him running around with little arrows fallowing him

I was going to say that! You could make him pick the arrows out of the ground before he moved, but that would just be plain TEDIOUS.

[hwk]poppenDate: Friday, 22/October/2010, 5:49 AM | Message # 76
yea. thats un needed frames

Non progredi est regredi

peteDate: Friday, 22/October/2010, 2:30 PM | Message # 77
Count
Quote (Oss)
I was going to say that! You could make him pick the arrows out of the ground before he moved, but that would just be plain TEDIOUS.

Thats what I was going to do, he puts them in the ground, then when he moves he picks them backup again, poppen is right though, too many frames.

Added (22/October/2010, 2:30 PM)
Another thought. In relation to player colours. How should we go about this. I was almost thinking of leaving no player colours, just coat of arms would be the identyfier, but then the problem is what if 2 players are the same nation.

Maybe boots can be the colour coded area? Or shields, or the coat of arms/emblem itself?

[hwk]poppenDate: Friday, 22/October/2010, 3:17 PM | Message # 78
well the thing im doing with my mod and i believe you should to . is that there were no "standerd" uniforms. so colors of stuff was important.thats how you identafy whos army is whos. make the feathers or plumes on helmat reflect national color. sashes. under shirts, etc. make them all pure pink. to make the national color work

Non progredi est regredi

peteDate: Sunday, 24/October/2010, 4:36 AM | Message # 79
Count
Quote (|hwk|poppen)
well the thing im doing with my mod and i believe you should to . is that there were no "standerd" uniforms. so colors of stuff was important.thats how you identafy whos army is whos. make the feathers or plumes on helmat reflect national color. sashes. under shirts, etc. make them all pure pink. to make the national color work

Great idea. I will do that. With the lonbow I can make his quiver and its strap pink. So what pink do I need to make it? Im guessing the game engine automatically asigns the national colour to pink areas? (blue, red, orange, what ever colour you chose when your selecting nation etc.)

[hwk]poppenDate: Sunday, 24/October/2010, 7:39 PM | Message # 80
yes. the pink color. in my mod. in any mod. when packed turns blue. or red i cant remember. but once in game. the engine assigns the national color to the originally pink areas

Non progredi est regredi

Forum » American Conquest » Modding » Sword & Arrow: European Wars Mod
Search: