Awards: 2
thanks. started calvery today,

Non progredi est regredi

OssDate: Sunday, 28/November/2010, 3:55 AM | Message # 114
Count
Group: Checked
Awards: 0
You even changed the textures on the cannon crew Poppen! Very nice. cool

Being unfamilar with projectiles and how they are handled with the AC engine, can we add a stone as the projectile? Or do we have to use a cannon ball animation?

There is a way through the Weapon.nds file.

I used the archer\arrow animation as an example because the Trebuchet one I think is very similar.
Then you can make a gp file of the projectile. Being a big rock or in another case a diseased cow maybe... smile

Code
STRELA      #STRELA 25 15 NONE HI_GRAVITY FLY 25 -1

There is alot else Im missing though. There probably more than one file to edit. Never tried myself... (not yet)

Here's a screen of the trebuchet crew.

[hwk]poppenDate: Sunday, 28/November/2010, 4:43 AM | Message # 115
The master of Pike and shot
Group: Moderators
if u want 2 types of projectiles, ull have to make the treb kinda like a cannon. OSS ill talku thro9ugh it if u get back on msn. also pete. sent u a PM

Non progredi est regredi

peteDate: Sunday, 28/November/2010, 12:01 PM | Message # 116
Count
Group: Modders
Yeh big rock sounds good! There was a documentary I watched a few years ago where they built a working trebuchet, the thing was amazing, it fired the massive rock amazingly! It was exaclty like your model OSS. When the treb is unpacked and ready for loading is it possible to have a pile of the rocks where the loading crew picks a rock up and puts it in the treb
just like in Divided nation with the mortar and it has the mortar balls on the ground in front and the crew pics it up?

Added (28/November/2010, 12:01 PM)
---------------------------------------------
I also wanted to find out your opinions on peasant creation. Would you prefer them to be created from dwelling like in AC or to be created at the town centre like in Cossacks? I like the town centre better, it gives you a more central position to gather peasants from, I find the dwelling creation messy and puts peasants all over the map.

And should we keep the original 1 peasant to train 1 military unit like in original AC or make it you just create each military unit from barracks/stable etc. and you dont need peasants to que, like with cossacks and the HEW mod?

[hwk]poppenDate: Sunday, 28/November/2010, 7:10 PM | Message # 117
DEPENDS , the reason HEW is like that is becuase its a MP mod that the Hawks use( most others use ew bonapart or ew napolionica ( without new patches) Mine will be like HEW. u dont have to have pesents tro make soldiers. becuase in the time of my mod. most soldiers were merc, and relyed on the land

Non progredi est regredi

peteDate: Monday, 29/November/2010, 11:55 AM | Message # 118
Count
Im thinking of leaving the unit creation as is, that is the same as original AC where you use peasants to train units, a lot of a medieval army consisted of conscripts. It can always be changed if there is a balance issue anyway.

What are your thoughts on peasant creation though, should there be a town centre for peasant creation like Cossacks, or Dwellings like AC?

[hwk]poppenDate: Monday, 29/November/2010, 12:25 PM | Message # 119
well i think.. once u have castles in. they should create them ., or create soldiers. because thats your military baracks, and alot of surfs worked for Lords etc

Non progredi est regredi

peteDate: Monday, 29/November/2010, 1:01 PM | Message # 120
Count
So you think have unit creation without training peasants?

There will be a barracks, stable, archery range and siege workshop for unit creation.

Forum » American Conquest » Modding » Sword & Arrow: European Wars Mod
Search: